• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

I have never had that issue.

If anything, I still have occasional issues when I'm trying to click the minimap to jump my camera and it doesn't register. There was a time yesterday I clicked it like 3 times over the course of 3 seconds and it didn't register it until after that.

Doublehex

Neo Member
Is radiance no longer core on Spectre?

I am following the Badman build, which shifts Spectre's from a late game hero to a mid centered one. The idea is to use Urn to get easy pickoffs whenever you Haunt, and use Manta + Diffusal to just rip isolated targets apart. The hope is to end the game by 40 minutes, but if that fails then you can always build Radiance and convert yourself into a late game hero.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/91735466 Here is his Dotabuff if you wanna check him out for yourself.

I am following the Badman build, which shifts Spectre's from a late game hero to a mid centered one. The idea is to use Urn to get easy pickoffs whenever you Haunt, and use Manta + Diffusal to just rip isolated targets apart. The hope is to end the game by 40 minutes, but if that fails then you can always build Radiance and convert yourself into a late game hero.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/91735466 Here is his Dotabuff if you wanna check him out for yourself.

thanks! I feel like whenever I play Spectre, I just get blown up during the laning phase and I can never recover.

Sibylus

Banned
Winter's hatred towards Aether Lens makes me disgruntled. God forbid supports have some fun
T0xlAQI.gif

Hylian7

I played Puck for the first time in a while today. Consensus: I need to pick this hero more.

Puck kind of fell out of favor ever since farming mids were the thing to do for a while, and there just was no room for ol' Puck. Playmaker mids are good right now though, and Puck perfectly fits the bill for that.

Red UFO

As the dude who plays mid in my group of friends I'm having a hard time transitioning back into that playmaking role for the team. Farming mids were so popular for so long.

Wok

This dude got a lot of time on his hands, Jesus Christ. His activity chart is off the page. He literally stands up, plays Dota, goes to sleep every day of his life.

edit: Only 37% winrate on Spec (27 games) this week though.

He loses but with very impressive KDA, even for a Spectre.

tNDueDZ.png

elyetis

Oracle is so good
Free 3-4k mmr support
I need to play Oracle more, but it's still my favorite pick to make against or with a Legion Commander. I thought the 6.86 ult nerf would kill the hero, but shorter cooldowns, and lower mana costs are enough to compensate, that and Aether Lens.

I need to play Oracle more, but it's still my favorite pick to make against or with a Legion Commander. I thought the 6.86 ult nerf would kill the hero, but shorter cooldowns, and lower mana costs are enough to compensate, that and Aether Lens.

Just
Pick
Dazzle

Shadow wave and weave are fucking insane in pubs. Infinite sustain and deathballing.
Also you're not taking grave's cooldown into account which is a huge part of what makes dazzle great
At level 8-9 you have max grave, you need level 16 on oracle for his ult to even come close (and it still doesn't cut it)

elyetis

Just
Pick
Dazzle
Yeah I need to play him more too.. I mean I picked him yesterday for the second time in the last 2 years, and won... ( but definitely not thanks to me ).
I don't know I didn't play Dazzle enough to really make a good judgement call, I think I just prefer Oracle early offensive abilities.

I know Shadow wave can be crazy early too, but I feel like it's more of a combo wombo thingy and no poison touch mean very little control, while Shallow Grave need to be leveled up for the cooldown/range while having little use in the laning phase.

Shadow wave is good at any point in the game
Free tangos and huge nukes in lane, massive sustain in mid/late game (basically infinite push, cast weave and go all in 10-15 seconds later for a rax). It's also great for taking a solo lane when available and split pushing
Grave is not "that useful" early but with a TP scroll you're avoiding a lot of deaths on your team

I have 80% WR on him and he's a fucking bro. Only heroes that are higher WR for me are abaddon (100% WR over 10 games) and wyvern (100% over 2 games)

Does the Source 2 DOTA 2 replays keep track of what cosmetic items a player has equipped on their hero?
I was looking through some replay parsers but i couldn't find a way to get that info from a replay.

shira

Does the Source 2 DOTA 2 replays keep track of what cosmetic items a player has equipped on their hero?
I was looking through some replay parsers but i couldn't find a way to get that info from a replay.

It does. It's also buggy as fuck. Sometimes older items don't get displayed. Sometimes newer items are borked as well.

It does. It's also buggy as fuck. Sometimes older items don't get displayed. Sometimes newer items are borked as well.

Thanks! I guess I'll dive a bit deeper.
I hope the bugs are related to the replay viewer in the game because I need the id's of the currently equipped items.

I'm too scared to play a game on my main. 13 wins in a row is a record I achieved at some point in 2013 and now being at 13 again, I'm anxious as fuck to lose. :/

Come on, you are playing vs 3.7K. What could go wrong?

I've randomed my way to those 13 wins mostly. I'll probably lose if I tryhard pick because that's how it is.

Also, the enemy team usually has someone 4.2-4.8k who is supposed to be my equivalent and dozens of 2ks or 3ks to average out. That basically mirrors our stack. (trigger warning) Else, I'd probably steamroll through five 3k players if my pick is good. Games in which I random low impact heroes when the enemy 4k picks something good can get tough. :/ Can't really afford randoming next game. I'll tackle it eventually. I'll also abandon that acc for good if I get to 15 wins I think.

Pick dazzle or veno and you got an easy win

Whenever I random supports, I feel hardly better than my friends at it. It's honestly pathetic. Back when I started Dota I almost exclusively played support because the people who introduced me to the game were obviously more experienced and better (and one of them still is at 5.5k) but since mid 2014, I've almost exlusively played farming heroes. Bit lacking in other departments but what can you do. I random virtually every game these days and usually, one of my buddies asks for a swap if I get a supp. I should probably stay firm, keep the Dazzle random pick and take the likely L but learn some supp'ing.

Dazzle is really easy, you just need good reflexes to get graves.
Veno sucks at supporting, I prefer him as a farming 2-4, getting midas aghs into blink veil, he can split push and solo farm really efficiently with wards

I can see that. However, I'm not sure if my potential 14th consecutive win is the time to practice stuff I'm not that good at. I find playing pos. 4 and 5 harder than carrying honestly.

I'll probably just pick Windrunner and lose anyways.

yellow viper hard support is ass, about as useful as "support" necro, clock, ET, nyx, rePugnant, or silencer

they need items

hard support void is a thing though, he's coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom