• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

kionedrik

Silencer is probably one of the 5 heroes that could be removed and nobody would shed a tear. Furion, Tinker, Sniper and Veno are the other 4.

Hylian7

Silencer is probably one of the 5 heroes that could be removed and nobody would shed a tear. Furion, Tinker, Sniper and Veno are the other 4.

tears.gif

I would be sad if silencer got removed. The Ult isn't even why I like him, though. Stacking int and doing massive orb damage is such a good feeling.

OD is so lame in comparison.

I stumbled across a few discussions today claiming that Overthrow is great for helping you improve in team fighting. Is there any validity to this statement?

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I stumbled across a few discussions today claiming that Overthrow is great for helping you improve in team fighting. Is there any validity to this statement?

Depends on what you go into it planning to do. Gives you live opponents to practice key combos instead of going through a game. You have to constantly consider positioning and who are the biggest threats to you as well.

Depends on what you go into it planning to do. Gives you live opponents to practice key combos instead of going through a game. You have to constantly consider positioning and who are the biggest threats to you as well.

It's good for positioning, I'd say that's about it.

Just trying to get out of comfort picking 5 position support and start maining cores.. What heroes do you think would benefit from practice in overthrow? I've been playing a lot of slark lately (not very successfully)

Just trying to get out of comfort picking 5 position support and start maining cores.. What heroes do you think would benefit from practice in overthrow? I've been playing a lot of slark lately (not very successfully)

Slark is actually probably a good one. I find it's pretty good for practicing orb walking and general movement with ranged carries.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

jugg is like free wins as long as u don't have some fat useless shadow demon on ur team feeding the enemy team relentlessly

inkls

I mean, I find it funny, but I'm not surprised. Riot has never liked anything that existed outside of the predetermined meta (as in splitpush/teamfighting/deathball/etc them usually preferring only teamfight meta, not as in champion picks) so it shouldn't be a surprise that they want to remove another thing that could alter that meta.

They should implement that in Dota too, I'm sick and tired of players only sitting in their base before the horn so they can creep block, oh wait except that totally doesn't happen at all and it might be proof that it's possible to disuade players from doing something you dislike without going "NO THIS IS NOW ILLEGAL".

It's like if Icefrog didn't change the rosh timer to 8-11 to stop players from gathering around rosh every 10 minutes and instead went "NO ROSHAN ANYMORE".

I mean, I find it funny, but I'm not surprised. Riot has never liked anything that existed outside of the predetermined meta (as in splitpush/teamfighting/deathball/etc them usually preferring only teamfight meta, not as in champion picks) so it shouldn't be a surprise that they want to remove another thing that could alter that meta.

Even the things that are within their meta get nerfed when folks get too good at it. See S3 fastpush meta.

Which, for the record, is by far the best style of play league has ever had. Games were fast as fuck and playing carry or roaming support at that time was probably the most satisfaction I've felt in any MOBA.

inkls

They should implement that in Dota too, I'm sick and tired of players only sitting in their base before the horn so they can creep block, oh wait except that totally doesn't happen at all and it might be proof that it's possible to disuade players from doing something you dislike without going "NO THIS IS NOW ILLEGAL".

It's like if Icefrog didn't change the rosh timer to 8-11 to stop players from gathering around rosh every 10 minutes and instead went "NO ROSHAN ANYMORE".

iirc also pro teams have a list of "non-approved" bugs, which is considered cheating if you use them.

Twookie

man, riots design philosophy was one of the main reasons i quit lol in favor of dota

i remember reading one of the devs ask fm on why they didn't want to add "multichampions"(think meepo/brew etc" and one of the reasons why was that people only have a limited amount of brain cycles or some bullshit, actually made me irritated

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Will agree that juggernaut is a good pick. Will give you plenty of practice with estimating kill potential with ult and/or spin as well as microing your healing ward so no one hits it.

are league players this fucking dumb that this would only happen at "high-level play" ?

No. But like most games with a high-exposure 'pro' meta, it tends to dictate the way the lower plains of play are executed.

Also Riot likes pretending that pros aren't super conservative, dogmatic fools that don't innovate until the soloqueue ladder superheroes do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom