• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Major starts today or tomorrow? This time zone shit's fucking my head up.

inkls

Can't see the video at work but Aghs Kunkka makes boat one of the scariest abilities in the game.
Drag disable + Stun + Damage (+ Torrent + Tide bringer follow-up)... If done correctly you can basically do a RP with it.

only thing is the drag isn't a hard disable, you can still use abilities and items while dragged by it.

widgetraf

Astoria had a pretty awesome play with kunkka aghs last night.

Thought I'd share it
kunk-rum.gif

ha thanks! happened to work out against opponent's lineup. boat works great against void and X is obviously good against blinky heroes (void, am)

aghs, aether lens, and maybe greaves / blink new meta.

-astoria

kionedrik

only thing is the drag isn't a hard disable, you can still use abilities and items while dragged by it.

True but it's still quite useful and better than the standard boat. If you catch 3 enemies in a straight line you can just blink behind them and use boat, no need to aim or guess where it lands. If by some reason they don't have bkb's or escape abilities/items they will be disabled for ages.

I'm just not sure if the drag disables blink (guess not) and cancels channeled spells (this I think so).

inkls

True but it's still quite useful and better than the standard boat. If you catch 3 enemies in a straight line you can just blink behind them and use boat, no need to aim or guess where it lands. If by some reason they don't have bkb's or escape abilities/items they will be disabled for ages.

I'm just not sure if the drag disables blink (guess not) and cancels channeled spells (this I think so).

doesn't disable blink since it doesn't do dmg while it travels

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
What's with the -25 on loss but +24 on win? Is mmr all ranked is ever going to be?

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
It means you are only good enough to win when the odds are in your favor

But I even ask for commends at the end of every match as everyone should recognize that I'm the best player! Just a bit weird to see an average difference of a dozen mmr result in different net gains or losses. I would be ostensibly offended off a +5.

Make kunkka's boat hit where you actually click and his winrate will increase at least 5%

How about give a visual cue for its ally effects. I feel like most people don't even know that Kunkka's boat applies a buff to allies. Or maybe it's just me. Whenever I see the boat thrown, even teammates seem to avoid the splash area.

inkls

How about give a visual cue for its ally effects. I feel like most people don't even know that Kunkka's boat applies a buff to allies. Or maybe it's just me. Whenever I see the boat thrown, even teammates seem to avoid the splash area.

the buff only requires the boat to touch allies, not the splash area.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Make boat work like old Deafening Blast. Push/Disable.

Guaranteed instant pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom