• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
are league players this fucking dumb that this would only happen at "high-level play" ?

Generally speaking you can't block creeps in League. Further, at the beginning of the game people usually need to help the jungler with his first camp to get him rolling faster so you're not in a position to do anything anyway. It's nothing like what one can do in Dota and a comparison would be silly in its current implementation.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bounty runes killed the art of the mid block.

Wtf icefrog revert plz.

1456349600-1456348747667.jpg

ohhh.png

This is why hyperbole is a bad thing.
he's right though, balance team destroying any kind of emergent gameplay is a fucking joke

Am I supposed to be surprised that there isn't more of an uproar over this thing in the lol community?
no, because creep blocking isn't something that ever really worked in league in the first place. you can't slow them down. at best you can redirect them around a structure or two.

he's right though, balance team destroying any kind of emergent gameplay is a fucking joke

Different game, different goals, different objectives. The existence of Virtua Fighter doesn't make Marvel bad; it makes them different. The existence of Rock doesn't make Rap bad; it makes it different. Simply dismissing different design as bad design is sort of stunts the ability to understand the differences, why they exist and appreciate what each does unique or better than the other. It's really just sort of an sophomoric way to look at things, no? There are things that both games do better than each other. That's what's cool about them both.

Twookie

i really like how they they nerfed caitlyn's e and buffed her w because people apparently were too dumb to realize what ability was stronger and didn't know what to level up first(or what riot deems the way to play caitlyn i guess)

Slark is actually probably a good one. I find it's pretty good for practicing orb walking and general movement with ranged carries.

jugg is like free wins as long as u don't have some fat useless shadow demon on ur team feeding the enemy team relentlessly

Cool, I'll give it a shot. I've always been a bad team fighting player from the core position ...seems like this is the concentrated practice I could use (within reason of course- obviously it doesn't perfectly translate 1:1)

yall are so shook by league lmao

it'd be adorable if it weren't kind of pathetic and strange

i mean yall seriously dragging silencer? in 2016?

ctfu

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Only Quake I ever played was the first one. For like a half hour. I hated it. Never touched any other Quake or Unreal game. Ignored that entire era of PC shooter and just played RPGs.

KingKong

Only Quake I ever played was the first one. For like a half hour. I hated it. Never touched any other Quake or Unreal game. Ignored that entire era of PC shooter and just played RPGs.

Im sorry. As for me, I played every mod that came out for Half Life in between 2000 and 2004 and can without a doubt say that it was the golden age of gaming

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Shanghai probably not going to be punctual. I'll say 2.5-3 hours til.

LiQuid!

Quake was just another Doom, and 2 years later. I was over Doom after a week. All these years later, still no desire to play another id game.

Funny to me that Zenimax owns id now since Arena and Daggerfall were directly responsible for my life taking a hard turn towards RPGs. Had I not discovered Arena I probably would have wasted my formative years playing boring ass arena shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom