• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
yellow you can get all the starters and you have a yellow rat with you too

blue and red are the normal journey, 1 starter

cris7198

I come from the drama thread in the gaming tab, goddamnit they make my blood boil, its like that simpsons episode where homer is accused of sexual assault. Circlejerking, overreacting, fanboyism, driveby posting that shit has it all.

Not grindy, RBY is hardest in terms of level disadvantage but it has terrible AI so it ends up still being pretty easy. You never ever have to grind wild Pokemon in a Pokemon game unless you're using horrendous Pokemon and are very bad at the game, only real exception is if you pick Charmander in RBY and don't have a good counter to Misty's Starmie.

Honestly GSC is a better starting point.

I come from the drama thread in the gaming tab, goddamnit they make my blood boil, its like that simpsons episode where homer is accused of sexual assault. Circlejerking, overreacting, fanboyism, driveby posting that shit has it all.

Well it's a pretty polarizing topic, isn't it. Particularly because neither party involved seems to be innocent.

My biggest problem with James' statement is how little of it actually had to do with him being fired. He pulled out ancient, entirely unrelated stories about Valve to make them look bad and imply that their current decision couldn't have possibly been reasonable given how they acted in the past.

These matters should have surfaced at different times. As it is, it looks like a smoke screen from James to masquerade his apparently debatable performance.

This version of TL is reasonably entertaining. I remember a lot of people being surprised they picked up a Euro squad (when the org itself is European) but I don't remember too much surprise at Fnatic picking up an SEA squad.

Shinypogs

If I recall correctly yellow has a slight bit more story and the advantage of getting all the starters. I also remember it cheats more in that gym leaders pokemon are often both evolved at levels they shouldn't be and know moves they can't know yet. That said all the first gen ai is kinda rubbish and abusable even by accident as twitch plays pokemon discovered. Also I think you can find pidgeotto at like lvl 9 ( which is 9 levels lower then it's supposed to even exist at) in yellow in Viridian forest to deal with brock.

Red and Blue are the least polished but also less gimmicky of the three first gen games and perfectly fine games in the opinion of someone who has owned all 3 and still goes back to play the cartridges from time to time.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I actually took the time to read most of the comments in the James vs Valve thread in the gaming side. Now I'm truly depressed at how pathetic some people are in regards to their affection to a faceless multimillion dollar corporation that doesn't give a flying fuck about them. Good stuff.

What about affection for a memer manchild who will never read any of their posts?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm watching competitive HotS. Fuck Dota actually.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Secret couldn't win their way out of a wet paper bag.

Shinypogs

My taste in Pokémon is better than everyone else's
Not sure how a flying-type is supposed to beat rock types. You can pick up a Mankey or a Nidoran on Route 22.

... my memory has failed me. Also your taste in pokemon is indeed superb. I remember in the first games I would not move on until I had a nidoran just because I saw the anime before playing the games and thought the male and female versions were so cute and I had to have them. I also always had to have I think it was clefairy or jigglypuff. Everyone got names and personalities, I felt legit bad when anyone fainted in battle or from poison. Oh god now I'm all nostalgic.

Shinypogs

I'm watching competitive HotS. Fuck Dota actually.

Did that actually get good? The last time I watched a Hots tournament it was still in the tail end of beta. I played with friends for a while after that but had stopped watching it's emerging competitive scene.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Did that actually get good? The last time I watched a Hots tournament it was still in the tail end of beta. I played with friends for a while after that but had stopped watching it's emerging competitive scene.

it's fun to play here and there imo but the competitive elements are quite boring, not spectator friendly since the entire game revolves around 5 MAN HERE ON OBJECTIVE X, Y, Z (varies on map) and every hero is balanced to be as low impact as possible individually to again force you to 5 man a lot

not a bad game to play here and there tho the 10-15 minute games make it somewhat appealing as well

LiQuid!

The games I just watched both had amazing finishes actually. The underdog team that was losing pretty badly managed to win some crazy fights, secure an objective and push base from out of nowhere. Lack of buyback makes late game fights super important it looks like. Exciting stuff.

This team that won has a pretty large black man on it and naturally twitch chat is being abhorrent.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The finest of all pokemon.
tumblr_mqfrhobnQq1r8r6mfo1_500.gif

Psh, G/S/C is too polished already. Either go with the grand fuckery of gen 1 (psychic being godlike and only resisted by itself, no usable dragon or ghost attacks, WRAP) or get one of the rational games post the physical/special split.

9/10 taste. Get rid of breloom and azumarill for magneton and cofagrigus.
Magneton

MAGNETON

Terrible taste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom