• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
Also, better place to grab VODs now that DotaCinema's VODs page has practically been abandoned ( Sunsfan
disapprove.gif
): https://www.youtube.com/user/Dota2Tournaments

Quesa

It's cute the way that video conflates implying a player isn't all there mentally and actively working against the people who make it possible for you to be live on stream as "just being him" and "not corporate."

The sentiment is nice though.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Admittedly, I'm not used to the hero (playing for the compendium hat), but how does one usually shape the game as DK mid? Enemy invoker didn't really 'win' lane outright (he was playing safe for midas and didn't die tho, so he likely got more out of it than I did), and like I said, I'm not overly used to DK mid, but aside from taking advantage of early runes, how do I shape the game?

Just roam a lot and try to start snowballing off of Dragon tail + lane help? I tried this a couple times, but only got 1-2 kills that didn't transition into towers.

Pick up an early(ier) maelstrom to stay more caught up on farm? Pick up a midas myself?

Admittedly, game was also vs Ember/Luna, and we lost late-game to split-push + ember double battlefury daedelus gibbing squishies guarding T3s, so idk.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Feels good man

UiBGIVn.png

First time reporting anyone in at least half a year. Some toxic duo elected to take mid and HC and of course berated a poor dazzle the whole game for not being everywhere ready to grave and having vision all over the map. 40 minutes nonstop of insults and toxicity from these two. And of course the guy who is like 800 mmr lower than his friend slam picks spectre and expects some kind of next tier support since he's playing higher than his normal bracket.

Never understood why duos don't lane together.

your avatar is terrifying, bull
Thanks. Gotta support my boy jacky mao
Feels good man

UiBGIVn.png

First time reporting anyone in at least half a year. Some toxic duo elected to take mid and HC and of course berated a poor dazzle the whole game for not being everywhere ready to grave and having vision all over the map. 40 minutes nonstop of insults and toxicity from these two. And of course the guy who is like 800 mmr lower than his friend slam picks spectre and expects some kind of next tier support since he's playing higher than his normal bracket.

This is your first report in 6 months? I run out of reports like every week

Hylian7

I don't play for 3 days and come back to get a team that doesn't know how to not let an Ursa that got level 1 rosh dive everyone like crazy at minute 1. Honestly fuck this game sometimes.

Hylian7

time to get suspicious if they have bear with np, venge, or luna. some drow line ups can do it too.

This is also true.

I didn't think of it partly becuase it was unranked AP and only the IO picked, while everyone else picked last second.

Even if he does get it, it's not like the game is completely lost, but of course everyone just panics and don't carry TPs and let him dive to T2s 1 minute in.

Madouu

Admittedly, I'm not used to the hero (playing for the compendium hat), but how does one usually shape the game as DK mid? Enemy invoker didn't really 'win' lane outright (he was playing safe for midas and didn't die tho, so he likely got more out of it than I did), and like I said, I'm not overly used to DK mid, but aside from taking advantage of early runes, how do I shape the game?

Just roam a lot and try to start snowballing off of Dragon tail + lane help? I tried this a couple times, but only got 1-2 kills that didn't transition into towers.

Pick up an early(ier) maelstrom to stay more caught up on farm? Pick up a midas myself?

Admittedly, game was also vs Ember/Luna, and we lost late-game to split-push + ember double battlefury daedelus gibbing squishies guarding T3s, so idk.

The first thing I noticed is that you got 6 at 5:00 and yet your first ult was at 7:00. I know you waited for a catapult wave which is smart, but you would've had your ult back anyway if you used it right away, put more pressure on the invoker and dealt more damage to the enemy tower. It's one of the issues I see with most dks, too conservative with their ults.

I think you get your blink before drums in this lineup, it lets you execute the pick off > push tower strat much more efficiently. especially vs ember and luna, weaker heroes early on. Overall, your tempo was too slow for your item build, the way you played I think the hod build up might have been better.

Your pl was game losing.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Leo is a bad actor

No matter what he is playing, he always sounds like he's trying to hide the most white-ass American accent ever.

That said I like almost every movie he's ever been in.

But ya, he's shit.

Hylian7

I don't understand why Icefrog can't get OD to any middle ground between "broken as all hell" and "completely useless".

He's either in a state where he counters 90% of the hero pool or he doesn't do anything.

OD still has plenty of counters, both heroes and items

he needs one more minor buff and he'll be perfect................ strength gain increased to 2.6 maybe.

yeah.

Hylian7

OD still has plenty of counters, both heroes and items

he needs one more minor buff and he'll be perfect................ strength gain increased to 2.6 maybe.

yeah.

If you can make it past 10 minutes if you're mid against him sure, otherwise, unless you picked Lone Druid, you're abandoning the lane.

Feels good man

UiBGIVn.png

So the other day some guys were dual laning mid and it was so toxic so I reported them, pls upvote
?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i don't think OD is completely broken at all...in fact i think this is the best spot he's been for a long time

honestly who cares.

you guys don't play the game long enough for it to be an issue, by the time you guys come back to it, icecock will have "balanced" it with some other fucking 6 legged cunt "owning"

dont sweat it

Hylian7

i don't think OD is completely broken at all...in fact i think this is the best spot he's been for a long time
He wins 90% of his lanes guaranteed. If you can make it to get a BKB it's fine, but depending on who has to lane against him that could be a tall order.
honestly who cares.

you guys don't play the game long enough for it to be an issue, by the time you guys come back to it, icecock will have "balanced" it with some other fucking 6 legged cunt "owning"

dont sweat it
OD has 6 legs?!

I love that he is business from the waist up, cute little puppy dog legs on the bottom.

Sure he wins his lane, so what ?
He has no escape and is squishy as fuck. The only thing he can do is buy time with prison but it doesn't matter when he's against 3 heroes if you're coordinated

Sure if you lose your lane and then play passive as fuck trying to catch up in the jungle while he eats your allies and pushes towers with his team you're gonna lose

Just checked and damn VS is doing shit at shanghai

edit : games lost by OD at shanghai :
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2181080385
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2176882495
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2176488482

Notice the emphasis on burst damage (lion, lina) or ganking (puck, void) heroes

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
He has no escape and is squishy as fuck. The only thing he can do is buy time with prison but it doesn't matter when he's against 3 heroes if you're coordinated

right? it's not like he has an ult that turns him completely invincible or anything......

a lategame carry that should be squishy in lane but somehow still has a 60% wr....now that would be flat-out broken........

Sure if you lose your lane and then play passive as fuck trying to catch up in the jungle while he eats your allies and pushes towers with his team you're gonna lose

speaking of lion, he's the best support pick in the tourny. he's really good this patch overall.

Hylian7

Fair enough. I just had one of those games where I had an impossible matchup against him and it seemed theoretically impossible for most other heroes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
speaking of lion, he's the best support pick in the tourny. he's really good his patch.

Yep, Lion seems to greatly benefit with the addition of Aether Lens, plus glimmer starting to fall out of vogue. He's been good for a while now, I'm guessing with the last nerf to Winter Wyvern he now gets his chance to shine again.

Venge is the most picked hero of the tournament though, likely because Void and Batrider are back in the Meta.

Speaking of Void, I think he will get nerfed big time in the next patch, be that 6.86g or 6.87. Time Walk's cooldown is too short IMO, should be an 8 second cooldown. Time Dilation is also disgusting, likely need a 30 second cool down. I could also see the mana cost of his spells going up, 50 or 60 for Time Walk, and 75 to 100 for dilation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom