• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean china organised the second best olympics of all time, i don;'t think there's any kjind of endemic cultural issue about organising events

QbadP.png

For all we know, Valve hired an infamously shitty production team; possibly to save costs. How the hell is that China's fault lol. I assume the current production team is a different one as KeyTV was meme-fired but what can you expect with this little preparation? Not losing player's equipment would be a reasonable start I guess but still.

I have to agree with this. I find some of the community's reaction insulting and I'm not sure why people harp so much on the country this tournament is failing in. A lot of stereotypization going on and frankly it's embarrassing. I've been to Shanghai a month ago and experienced very well organised events and past Chinese Dota tournaments weren't so bad either, think DAC. I don't see people slamming the US or any European country for shitting up tournaments but they rather direct their hate towards the production studio which is fair enough. Not sure why China can't get the same treatment.

because the fact that Valve delegated the Major to incompetent people is impossible to believe, it must be because Valve couldn't find a competent production team in a country with a billion people and the second largest economy in the world.

EDIT: also, I just remembered a worse-run event. That last SBO finals in 2012 which was an arcade tournament that took place outdoors. Terrible event management, glare on all the screens made it impossible to play, I think one match got stopped because there was a cicada in the machine. All the players realized it was a shitshow and they all just got drunk

because the fact that Valve delegated the Major to incompetent people is impossible to believe, it must be because Valve couldn't find a competent production team in a country with a billion people and the second largest economy in the world.

You are either not very good at sarcasm or it's me who sucks at detecting it...I guess?

kionedrik

For all we know, Valve hired an infamously shitty production team; possibly to save costs. How the hell is that China's fault lol. I assume the current production team is a different one as KeyTV was meme-fired but what can you expect with this little preparation? Not losing player's equipment would be a reasonable start I guess but still.

The event is branded as "The China Major". "China" is a selling point of the whole thing.

Of course chinese people as a whole can't be blamed for all the shit that happened until now but it's easy to understand why they are on the receiving end of the blame.

It's also easier to just bundle Valve-KeyTV-James-PerfectWorld-whatever in a "China" bundle. No one in their right mind thinks China and chinese people are responsible for this mess.

Nere

seriously this happens so fucking often in AR
"it's my first time playing XDDD"
yeah that doesn't excuse getting fucking phase boots on kotl

I didn't mind much that it was his first time playing pa but his attitude. Calling me an idiot while it was clearly his fault and inexperience.

Quesa

I actually DCed once on accident. I was mashing buttons as the characters were being displayed and forgot I had one of them mapped to atl+f4

Thankfully it was before the match started and I didn't waste too much of my opponent's time.

I actually DCed once on accident. I was mashing buttons as the characters were being displayed and forgot I had one of them mapped to atl+f4

Thankfully it was before the match started and I didn't waste too much of my opponent's time.

why did you have a button mapped to alt-f4?

why don't you have a seat over there

Wok

because the fact that Valve delegated the Major to incompetent people is impossible to believe, it must be because Valve couldn't find a competent production team

"because the fact that blah is impossible to believe, it must be because blah"

mind blown

Quesa

Whenever the March update hits. Right now, streaming matches would involve the players sending me replays of their matches and me having to watch them without spoiling the results. Need eight player lobbies for this to work the way I'd like it to.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
trump will fire valve and give dota to the gloriously professional riot games so we can have successful majors

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Absolutely haram

Would let Naga cosplayer lean over me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom