• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Probably not. I'm 35 years old. I'd peak at like 3k-4k if I spammed nothing but OP stuff. Keep in mind, I calibrated my MMR in 2014 and have played maybe 5-10 solo ranked games since, so I dunno how accurate my 2.5k solo MMR even is at this point. I don't tryhard when I play dota. I random unless we specifically need a support and I'm actively shit with 80% of all heroes.

Like I said, results aren't important on whether or not a team is trash.

Puppey/Kuro/Whoever trying to assemble a Dota dream team out of free agents and players swiped from other teams = trash. Complexity dropping all their US players in lieu of Swedish ringers = trash.

I value heart in Dota players. You guys can jump on your bandwagons and care about cold hard stats, LAN placements and W's and L's and that's fine. If winning a LAN proves a team isn't trash to you than that's fine. I'm not trying to tell you how to live your life.

"Results aren't important on whether or not a team is trash." Wise words.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Can't wait for Manila Major now to be in the exact same time zone as this so nobody in NA/EU can watch it again.

EE-SAMA NO MERCY
charm_blush.gif
blush.gif
charm_blush.gif
blush.gif
charm_blush.gif
blush.gif

TUSR

Banned
http://blog.dota2.com/2016/03/the-shanghai-major-champions/
Congratulations to Team Secret, winners of the second Dota 2 Major Championship. Having now appeared in consecutive Major Grand Finals, Secret advanced through the Upper Bracket with wins over OG and EG—each recent champions themselves—and a determined Team Liquid. Liquid would later defeat EG in the Lower Bracket Finals to set up a thrilling rematch in the Grand Finals, where Secret turned in a convincing 3-1 series win to claim first prize. After this championship showing in Shanghai, Secret fans must have their hopes set on similar celebrations in the future.

While there were amazing performances by all of the teams participating in the Shanghai Major, we recognize that the viewing experience and the overall execution of the event were very disappointing. Dota fans and professional players alike have high expectations for a Major event—expectations that we share—and it is ultimately our responsibility to make sure those expectations are met and exceeded. A Dota Major should be a celebration of the amazing community that shepherded the game from humble origins to the global passion it has become. Disappointment should come from the elimination of a favorite team in a hard-fought match, not from the experience of just trying to watch a game you love. With that in mind, we will be increasing our involvement moving forward to ensure that future events deliver a high-quality experience.
Valve handling Majors similar to how they handle TI?

Fevaweva

3d dot game heroes freezes on me every time i try to take a snapshot using the in-game feature ):

That game can be really buggy for some reason. Try uninstalling it (if you have it installed). It used to freeze on me mid dungeon and during boss battles until I did that.

Russ T

Banned
That game can be really buggy for some reason. Try uninstalling it (if you have it installed). It used to freeze on me mid dungeon and during boss battles until I did that.

Yeah I tried uninstalling reinstalling, deleting the patch, everything! It consistently freezes on me when I take a snapshot. It's the last trophy I need! D:

Oh well this is a lesson to not care about trophies I guess.

Twookie

Valve's next blogpost should be interesting, will they mention all the terrible shit that occurred with production etc and apologize?

I kinda doubt they will but they kinda should

Edit: just read the blogpost just now, they kinda just mentioned it and were like "yeah, that was bad"

Oh well, it's going to be a lot better next major I'd imagine.

I can see them vaguely apologizing about the delays, but I'd be surprised if they mention the drama.

Since we're all fans of memes around here, where does 'rtc' come from?

peter played himself
did he draft dark seer enigma like every game of the tournament or what

edit : nah I saw the liquid series, I'm talking about the whole tournament, seems he picked the duo a lot, maybe too much

Hylian7

Soo, patch that makes Invoker not show up every game soon?

I don't have a problem beating him, I'm just tired of playing against him.

Hylian7

This a game of tryhards and fotms, you will repeat the same sentence ad naseum

Invoker has been "fotm" for like the last 3 months, ever since the day 6.86 hit. There's been through an f patch and he is still going strong. I'm quite sick of him, and just want a change of pace. I know this will happen with another hero next patch, and that's fine. For the first month or two, it will be something new.
I have no clue of what you speak of
Probably addressing my post, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom