• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost so many games recently i back at normal skill.
after another break from dota i played again. i am playing like shit. everyone on my team playing like shit. playing this game is shit.
Now that shanghai is over we can go back to these posts
4Head.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
watching the concert now

it's nice

better than deadmau5 lmao

[edit] tho i wish the trailer voiceover wasn't so fukken loud

[edit] the way that u can tell valve's brief was 'make it sound like wow' tho, the stormwind/elwynn forest chills i am getting

[edit] and now durotar/orgrimmar

Hylian7

I really wish they would remove the "ancient" tag from anything that isn't, well, ancients. They have been making things more consistent and logical over the last few patches, such as the rework to Spell Immunity a while back, having every single spell say whether it goes through BKB or not, and the rules are the same for every single one.

I was playing Naga the other day against a Brewmaster, and I tried to use Song to get my team away from his ult. I expected it not to work on the Earth one...but it didn't work on any of them! That was not a fun surprise. The Brewlings are still considered "ancient", and certain spells simply don't work on them, even on the Storm and Fire ones. I knew from before you couldn't Pudge hook them, but that was only because I had tried it years ago and found out it didn't work.

For Brew in particular, I say either give Storm and Fire extra magic resistance, or if they really have to, invent a new passive called "Ancient" that gives the properties of an ancient, and have every spell on the game say whether it goes through "Ancient" or not. If I'm not mistaken, Warlock's Golems are also under this "ancient" status.

Twookie

oh i'm sure valve is going to speed up with hero releases in the future!
;_; icefrog PLEASE ;_;

I really wish they would remove the "ancient" tag from anything that isn't, well, ancients. They have been making things more consistent and logical over the last few patches, such as the rework to Spell Immunity a while back, having every single spell say whether it goes through BKB or not, and the rules are the same for every single one.

I was playing Naga the other day against a Brewmaster, and I tried to use Song to get my team away from his ult. I expected it not to work on the Earth one...but it didn't work on any of them! That was not a fun surprise. The Brewlings are still considered "ancient", and certain spells simply don't work on them, even on the Storm and Fire ones. I knew from before you couldn't Pudge hook them, but that was only because I had tried it years ago and found out it didn't work.

For Brew in particular, I say either give Storm and Fire extra magic resistance, or if they really have to, invent a new passive called "Ancient" that gives the properties of an ancient, and have every spell on the game say whether it goes through "Ancient" or not. If I'm not mistaken, Warlock's Golems are also under this "ancient" status.

but muh skillcap

I just want one set of rules for 'big' units that determines what spells and debuffs they are affected by. Just have ancients, ld bear, warlock golems, brew spirits, roshan etc. work with the same rules. From there, balance how much magic resistance/immunity each of those units has. Each unit would fit in one of these classes:

-Hero
-Illusion
-Creep / small summon
-Ancient / big summon
-Building
-Ward

Also on the list of arbitrary bullshit I'd like to see removed; make neutral spawnboxes visible. Maybe just draw them on the map with the same white chalk as the symbols in the middle of each camp. This way stuff like stacking, warding and dewarding wouldn't feel so random.

EDIT: and make juke paths more visible, like that pumpkin tree mod. Maybe make nearby trees transparent when your hero is covered by them?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
6.86e instead of 6.87 please............we finally have a meta that doesn't have a pathological mid lane, don't break it now

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hmmmm

What hero should I start a friend with (in a bot match) if he's interested in the game but maybe not super interested and would probably enjoy someone high impact? Or at least with the appearance of high impact

Maybe Sven?

kionedrik

Hmmmm

What hero should I start a friend with (in a bot match) if he's interested in the game but maybe not super interested and would probably enjoy someone high impact? Or at least with the appearance of high impact

Maybe Sven?

I found that melee characters with good animations work better with someone new to the game. So Sven, CK, Jugg, Ursa, WK might be something s/he enjoys

Wok

spoken like a true EG fan

Furion is the perfect counter to RTZ actually: RTZ is so proud of his last-hitting skill that he won't be buying a Quelling Blade or a Battlefury, so Sprout is perfect.

There's like a 90% chance Wraith King's crit is going to get replaced by something more interesting, maybe just a crit with a spin like CKs, maybe an active.

Make crit his ultimate (as current PA's).

Make Reincarnation his E and make it toggleable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom