• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

gai_shain

yeah just had a ranked game with a stack of two that go void phoenix offlane, phoenix buys courier and sells it again so we have no courier and doesnt get any support items all game long rofl

Chris R

Why is the #1 twitch stream a Russian account booster

and how can he afford to boost accounts for so little money? $4 for 100 MMR in the trench?

Wok

yeah just had a ranked game with a stack of two that go void phoenix offlane, phoenix buys courier and sells it again so we have no courier and doesnt get any support items all game long rofl

The courier counter resets when you sell it.

Twookie

Does that actually change anything about him? I've never played Dota Imba.

crit and vamp aura skills gets combined into one skill that also drains strength on crit, he gets a skill that creates an area that spawns wraiths for every enemy in that area.

that wraith skill also gives WK more damage for every creep and hero if the wraiths live, you can control them iirc

but heh it's wayyyy too op for regular dota but it's really cool so I hope icefrog does something along these lines
he won't

Havent played in 3 years. First game vs easy bots coop and we get owned.. >.< Time for another 3 year break.

ohhh.png

i mean at this point your probably would have lost vs passive bots too

kionedrik

and how can he afford to boost accounts for so little money? $4 for 100 MMR in the trench?

Russian ruble is in the shitter mate. Have no idea about the cost of living over there but perhaps that's a respectable amount of extra income for them...

Also, russian streams always tend to have loads of viewers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Minimum Wage is Russia is 6,204 roubles a month, or $86.

At $4 per 100 MMR in low tier dota, he likely could make the equivalent of Minimum Wage in 70 hours, so he could make double minimum wage with his account boosting.

Plus, the guy likely has donations set up, which could easily bring in more then his MMR boosting fees.

why would aui leave

Well Aui was kicked. I don't see EG making roster changes, I think Zai won't be done with school until after the Roster Lock is in effect.

Quesa

Honestly it'd be cool if more teams had full-time subs like Zai. Imagine if tournaments worked in such a way that teams could swap players between games.

Russ T

Banned
Honestly it'd be cool if more teams had full-time subs like Zai. Imagine if tournaments worked in such a way that teams could swap players between games.

Yeah I don't see any problem with this idea, personally. "REAL SPORTS" have more players than a full team. Why not "DIGITAL SPORTS"?

shira

Well Aui was kicked. I don't see EG making roster changes, I think Zai won't be done with school until after the Roster Lock is in effect.

https://redd.it/4976pd

Just add him as a sub and switch him to primary - or loan him out to Digital Chaos.
Fear can probably retire or take a Twitch position.

10 weeks is the exact time till last years direct invites lol.

2015 timeline
March 20 TI5 tickets announced
March 27 TI5 tickets onsale
April 27 6.84 patch
April 30 Compendium
May 6 Direct Invites sent
May 25 Regional Qualifiers
July 27 Group Stage
August 3 Main Event

Metrics
GEfQeJ7.png

Dota is back!

manfestival

so while I was watching black^'s stream he mentioned something about a roster lock. Is that seriously a thing in dota 2? I know right now hes not on a team but he surely could be the different to a lineup that is in need of a veteran player. Plus he seems to have a really great personality too. However, just mostly curious about this roster lock idea that is in other sports but in dota 2?..

so while I was watching black^'s stream he mentioned something about a roster lock. Is that seriously a thing in dota 2? I know right now hes not on a team but he surely could be the different to a lineup that is in need of a veteran player. Plus he seems to have a really great personality too. However, just mostly curious about this roster lock idea that is in other sports but in dota 2?..

well it's been a thing for a while now for TI, just not necessarily a spoken rule until the majors

Deadly

well it's been a thing for a while now for TI, just not necessarily a spoken rule until the majors
It's a thing even for majors. Remember the big shuffle drama after TI5 in order to get the rosters locked for the frankfurt major. They only had like a month.
the idea of having roster locks in dota 2 seems odd since its not a regulated thing by any sort of group except by valve to some extent
You have to register your team on the valve website in order to play in majors. I don't think it can get any more regulated than that...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
the idea of having roster locks in dota 2 seems odd since its not a regulated thing by any sort of group except by valve to some extent

The roster locks are for getting invited to the majors/TI. You could just ignore them if you have no shot at the majors. Or if you do need to make a change, you can try and enter in though the open qualifiers

Hylian7

Valve has said in the past that they consider lots of factors for direct invites to majors and TI. One of the biggest of which is roster stability.

TUSR

Banned
Valve has said in the past that they consider lots of factors for direct invites to majors and TI. One of the biggest of which is roster stability.
Was it Newbee that practically swapped their whole roster after their TI4 win and still got invited to a Valve event?

manfestival

It's a thing even for majors. Remember the big shuffle drama after TI5 in order to get the rosters locked for the frankfurt major. They only had like a month.

You have to register your team on the valve website in order to play in majors. I don't think it can get any more regulated than that...
For one event

The roster locks are for getting invited to the majors/TI. You could just ignore them if you have no shot at the majors. Or if you do need to make a change, you can try and enter in though the open qualifiers

Well for one event that is fine and makes total sense since changing a team mid event would be lame.

I guess I was thinking of this on a more grand scale and I was wrong. These roster locks are merely for individual events I suppose so its not really what I was thinking of(ie: major sports like nfl, mls, nhl, and etc)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Time to send phoenerd straight into the garbage bin.

why would they garbage bin a popular hero with many stans? the playerbase is only just recovering from the tyranny of storm spirit, which drove away players in record numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom