• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
see

blink lich wins games

and drow's build wasn't super nutso on a team comp like that

her items tho
JTSzOYu.gif

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Never planned on it but I got an amiibo today. Oh they gave me a new game with it too and it only cost $59.99!

had to google how to spell amiibo :|

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i actually thot i was gonna get an arcana earlier but then the wheel ticked over onto a spectre set i already own yay

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
She's not even close to the most ridiculous fanservice character.

alicevlr_4695.png

They actually had to tone down the violence and try to make VLR appeal to a more Japanese audience because the first one flopped in Japan. VLR flopped even harder. With ZTD they get to do whatever the hell they want.

I always wondered if Japan was as perverted as its game and anime industries would have you believe or if they've just been profiting on exploiting western weebs.

Hylian7

I always wondered if Japan was as perverted as its game and anime industries would have you believe or if they've just been profiting on exploiting western weebs.

I can't speak for all cases, but for this series, it really took off in the west and didn't do well in Japan. ZTD was actually cancelled for a while because VLR flopped in Japan, but Aksys (US publishing company) worked with them to bring it back.

Basically the reason people like this series is not because weebs, I can guarantee you that.

If you haven't played them, I highly recommend the first two. Don't bother with the iOS version of 999 though, play it on the DS.

Russ T

Banned

On the whole? Not really. The gross shit (loli, etc) is pretty niche, for the "otaku" types. There's a whole lot of people (read: the vast majority) who see that and are repulsed. Just like over here. Although you still get some weirdos defending loli shit (it's just cartoons), which is its own bag of worms.

But, on the other hand, boobs sell, just like in the west. And people do what they can to eke out everything from the horny perverts while the rest of the population begrudgingly tolerates it.

Russ T

Banned
AFAIK that hasn't been a thing for decades.

Although I admit when writing that post I forgot about taking Creepy Old Dudes into account.

Also, to be fair, there's probably a fair number of Americans that would buy used panties from a vending machine, given the opportunity.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I can't speak for all cases, but for this series, it really took off in the west and didn't do well in Japan. ZTD was actually cancelled for a while because VLR flopped in Japan, but Aksys (US publishing company) worked with them to bring it back.

Basically the reason people like this series is not because weebs, I can guarantee you that.

If you haven't played them, I highly recommend the first two. Don't bother with the iOS version of 999 though, play it on the DS.

I tried to play the first one but the text speed made it unplayable. The entire game is just puzzles and dialog and they fucked up half of that. No thanks.

Hylian7

I tried to play the first one but the text speed made it unplayable. The entire game is just puzzles and dialog and they fucked up half of that. No thanks.

I'd say give it another chance. When you go through text you have already seen (you'll be playing through multiple times), there's a fast forward button. It's absolutely worth it

I'm sick of losing. Maybe I should stop playing.

I tried taking a break for three weeks but I can't play for shit anymore and I still get the same shithead CLQ fans and people that can't speak the same language and don't even try to on my team.

LiQuid!

I'd say give it another chance. When you go through text you have already seen (you'll be playing through multiple times), there's a fast forward button. It's absolutely worth it

Your attempt to convince me backfired.

Hylian7

Your attempt to convince me backfired.

Without going into spoilers, I promise you it will all be worth it. It's part of it and has a lot to do with the best part of the game. The subsequent playthroughs will go really fast, through the stuff you've already seen. I can't really tell you more without ruining the best part for you.

bbd23

man I was 2-0 tonight going into my third game was feeling great. finished the weekly challenges. won 1000 points in wagering and then some dude on my team gets mad because he sees a jungle legion and doesn't even attempt to try and play the game.

feeds bot
gives them wards
drops items

great stuff.
tears.gif

Good thing I didn't bet any points that game
bounty-wag.gif

man I was 2-0 tonight going into my third game was feeling great. finished the weekly challenges. won 1000 points in wagering and then some dude on my team gets mad because he sees a jungle legion and doesn't even attempt to try and play the game.

feeds bot
gives them wards
drops items

great stuff.
tears.gif

Good thing I didn't bet any points that game
bounty-wag.gif

as long as you saved those points

After pitlord, will Icefrog create new heroes?
I hope so. I remember the times when I was playing the newest dota heroes like Slark during warcraft days on leaked maps. Those were fun times.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wasn't there like 4 WIP heroes datamined out of an old Dota version a while ago? I remember one had a Global Slow.

I hope this year we actually get some new heroes. Its been far to long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom