• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up silencer lately and I'd love a few pointers on how to approach his item build and skills..I've primarily been playing him as an offlane support (4 position) maxing out arcane curse first (which I didn't realize does quite a bit of damage). I see a lot of guides suggesting atos and mek but I feel like I'm missing something from him. I'm actually a bit surprised how much damage he can dish out (I've always known his harass has been annoying.

Pratfall

I picked up silencer lately and I'd love a few pointers on how to approach his item build and skills..I've primarily been playing him as an offlane support (4 position) maxing out arcane curse first (which I didn't realize does quite a bit of damage). I see a lot of guides suggesting atos and mek but I feel like I'm missing something from him. I'm actually a bit surprised how much damage he can dish out (I've always known his harass has been annoying.

ask madouu, his silencer is godlike. I think maxing curse is a mistake though. Its killing power is very low and last word scales much better (slow amount, slow and silence duration and damage with mana staying the same). arcane curse gets more damage, lower cooldown but costs more.

Not that it matters, but all three bans we're discussing here weren't done by Mods (c) 2016. Just reporting in, and the further back the ban, the more effort it takes to check, tho.

And it's not like it's a secret - anyone who knows them outside of GAF would have been able to ask them if it's perm or not.
I see, I see.
Falk if NormalFish becomes a mod I'm trusting you to ban me before their reign of terror can begin.

Be my poison pill pls

If NormalFish becomes a mod, I demand I become a mod so I can ban myself.

You can't do that. First thing I tried.
Hurtful

Real talk, don't even take curse. Your orb and last word do mad work, and you're not going to find much use for arcane outside of some super niche stuff.

Build an early atos to kickstart your int and let you man fight (especially vs melee heroes). Depending on the game, shivas, aghs, orchid, skadi, hex, etc. are all decent. You need int + whatever other stat fits the game (so strength vs heavy magic, armor vs heavy phys, utility if your team is lacking that, etc.). You can pretty much get away with any items if you get some early kills with atos and start snowballing, so don't sweat it too much.

rezuth

Max W and E, rush dagon. You cannot lose.

Russ T

Banned
I think there are some situations where you'd want to get curse (against people who have an escape ability for example, and you want to make sure they can't get away if you're going for a gank, so you slowly melt their mana pool).

But yeah orb and last word are super great.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
RIP shuggs. Used to have him on the ignore list some time ago because I thought he was an asshole, now I consider him a dota realist.

Taken before his time :(

I think there are some situations where you'd want to get curse (against people who have an escape ability for example, and you want to make sure they can't get away if you're going for a gank, so you slowly melt their mana pool).

But yeah orb and last word are super great.

His Q ability no longer drains mana..hmmm...I never did the math for this but yeah it looks like you maximize single target damage by delaying leveling Q..

So you guys recommend maxing glaves first over last word? I dunno why I'm having an issue conceptualizing him right now.

Pratfall

His Q ability no longer drains mana..hmmm...I never did the math for this but yeah it looks like you maximize single target damage by delaying leveling Q..

So you guys recommend maxing glaves first over last word? I dunno why I'm having an issue conceptualizing him right now.

yeah, especially as a support. you can orb harass without drawing creep aggro and even 1 point in glaives does really solid harass.

Wok

I find it hard to believe these people are real. The game started "mid or feed", Pudge let him mid and picked offlane Weaver, but he proceeded to feed mid from the start.

I met him on a smurf and he ruined my 100% winning rate with Spectre.

shira

I find it hard to believe these people are real. The game started "mid or feed", Pudge let him mid and picked offlane Weaver, but he proceeded to feed mid from the start.

So your problem is semantics, he should have said "mid and feed"
smile.gif

Red UFO

I have seen two invokers this week build a radiance first item and then just walk around ghost walked doing burn damage to the enemy team.

WTF

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It's not safe outside of DotaGAF. This is why I rarely go out there. I'm safe in here. Out there, I have no chance.

Quesa

Found this while looking through some archives

pieliedie is, always was, and always will be a shit player. He was probably the worst player on a Clown 9 team that was marginal AT BEST. His new home is perfectly fitting for him. They aren't a secret anymore so I think a rename is in order. My suggestion is Puppey and a pack of losers.

Chris R

I have seen two invokers this week build a radiance first item and then just walk around ghost walked doing burn damage to the enemy team.

WTF

Last game I had with an invoker did just this.

His 30ish min radiance timing didn't help one bit... we fucking lost.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's not safe outside of DotaGAF. This is why I rarely go out there. I'm safe in here. Out there, I have no chance.

I keep all of my items in 5 chests next to my house. I was just moving things between them before going to bed for the night and accidentally placed a cherry bomb down in front of them. Blew up and took all of my chests and items with it...

:D

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Found this while looking through some archives

I stand by it. I'm actually so fucking bad at Dota and even I manage to go on streaks where I don't feed like a shithead. PLD just had a good week. That dude's still an embarrassment to professional Dota 2. I'd take about 20 or 30 other pro support players on my Dota 2 dream team over him.

My questionable micro has manifested itself in Stardew Valley. :(

Hylian7

RIP Shugg.

Can anyone explain to someone that hasn't seen Django (I know, I need to fix that), what the reference was that got him banned?

LiQuid!

RIP Shugg.

Can anyone explain to someone that hasn't seen Django (I know, I need to fix that), what the reference was that got him banned?

In Django, Samuel L. Jackson plays a house slave of Leo DiCrapio and goes all Uncle Tom and narcs on Django when he finds out he's plotting against him.

M.D

WTF are these commercials on GAF playing sound without warning? I've had 2 different ones do this today multiple times

Dreavus

So is he like really bad, or does he literally click on the enemy base over and over again? If it's the latter I suppose I could see him getting some jollies out of his own team getting pissed off.

Madouu

The fact that he managed to win that game with 43 deaths must've been truly demoralizing for him, I hope he was okay after that.

xanavi

I've seen Django and I still feel like I need an ELI5 why that post was bannable and not just humourous. Aren't Carson and SLJ's characters both contemptible "they're black but not black like me" people?
You can PM me if you have the answers but fear being smited
kunk-rum.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom