• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

I'm not press, but you just gotta know the right people. Russ T even managed to tag along and get a demo too

horse.gif

Grrrrrrrr :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Vive is good. Pay for the good shit folks. RIP Summer Lesson PC tho.

I did Yasp it's 50 off my (real) (fake) in game MMR. But it's also from GAF league so it makes sense.

3nGcRKD.png

52club

Yeah, I was thinking of holding out for a higher res or a G-Sync Monitor, but I feel 4k monitors may be the "Standard" in a few years, and for all I know G-Sync is going to just die off or get replaced. 144Hz seemed like a "Safe" upgrade.

I have been wanting to change up my monitor for about a year now, since it got scratched up a bit during my last move.

This one was on sale last week for $420:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260333

Been playing on a 40" 4k TV which has been terrible for DOTA, but I have played on this since Saturday it is really nice. The one thing is it is TN, but has a lot better viewing angles and colors than other TN panels I've owned. The 144hz is super nice for DOTA as well. I figure games like Tomb Raider on 4k and games where the gameplay is the feature I play on the 144hz monitor.

Aselith

From experience I can tell you that Bloodseeker works just as well in that bracket (maybe even better)

Yeah, it's not particularly hard to stomp people with any hero, I just hate people who act like critical asshats before the game even starts. Third pic is from the person in the lane with me raging about my one and only death (second was from diving the fountain when the game was already done.)

I just love shutting the toxic fuckers in the community down not the stomping part.

cris7198

I feel you man, that has to be one of the better feelings when playing dota... besides winning with a comeback past 1 hour of game

FeelsGoodMan

why is goku and yugi there if its onepiece vs bleach. I smell stolen artwork smh
Unrelated, I've got some registry edits so that programs and such go to different places by default. Currently on Windows 7. If I use Microsoft's 7 -> 10 upgrade utility thing, will those registry edits fuck things up? Will windows detect them and set them similarly in W10?

TUSR

Banned
this copy paste is pretty accurate right now
I owe my life to Arteezy. I got in a horrible car crash and i was in 6 month coma. The nurse switched to the Twitch channel to Arteezy's stream. I awoke from my coma and muted it.

This one was on sale last week for $420:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260333

Been playing on a 40" 4k TV which has been terrible for DOTA, but I have played on this since Saturday it is really nice. The one thing is it is TN, but has a lot better viewing angles and colors than other TN panels I've owned. The 144hz is super nice for DOTA as well. I figure games like Tomb Raider on 4k and games where the gameplay is the feature I play on the 144hz monitor.

I had that monitor. Sent it back. It's a perfect TN panel, IMO. But it's a TN panel. And after 7 years of IPS, the loss in color reproduction was simply a non-starter. The G Sync was really nice though. Not nice enough to make me lose a single second of sleep over choosing my 32" 21:9 IPS monitor over it, though. :3

this copy paste is pretty accurate right now

upon close inspection, feels racist

wasn't old cycle at 8 mins? Seems too long now, dota at the time was a slower game. With how the power creep went up during farming mids, and i think it helps him quite a lot.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
wasn't old cycle at 8 mins? Seems too long now, dota at the time was a slower game. With how the power creep went up during farming mids, and i think it helps him quite a lot.

It was 6 Minutes in the earliest version of Dota 2. Pre-6.68 (Which is like 2009), it was 8 minutes.

kionedrik

It made support Nightstalker good.

To this day I still question myself if that was a good or bad thing.

In the earlier stages of the game, thanks to HinN, he's very powerful and no doubt an asset to the team but later he'll be nothing more than a glorified gem and vlads carrier that has zero team fight potential.

To this day I still question myself if that was a good or bad thing.

In the earlier stages of the game, thanks to HinN, he's very powerful and no doubt an asset to the team but later he'll be nothing more than a glorified gem and vlads carrier that has zero team fight potential.

You're underestimating the power of vision, he might not be very useful in teamfights but he's terribly hard to fight into if he has aghs+gem.

kionedrik

You're underestimating the power of vision, he might not be very useful in teamfights but he's terribly hard to fight into if he has aghs+gem.

When I mentioned gem carrier it was inferred he had aghs.
I'm not going to argue that vision isn't important, especially when most abilities that had some sort of vision bonus lost it in the last couple of patches (track, amp damage, etc), but after a while it becomes less and less of an issue. His greatest strength when it comes to vision-wars might be the reduced enemy vision in darkness and not the unobstructed night vision with aghs.

I dunno... I like Balanar as a core and feel he's wasted in a 4 position where he will never reach his true potential.

edit: Maybe if aghs+gem Balanar spotted smoked enemies I would like it better.

Quesa

Yeah you pick NS because he's great early game, so it's fine that he falls off later. Lots of supports do. Vision's support important though, and he can pick off supports throughout most of the game. Silencing a dazzle long enough for your carry to kill theirs before Shallow Grave is invaluable. He's fast and tanky enough that he can get into the backline and do something before dying. And if he's focused, it can mean your carry isn't.

The bigger trouble with the hero is that he's kind of hard to lane, as a melee support.

He also falls off as a core harder than most. As a core, you HAVE to finish by the 30-40 minute mark, otherwise it's going to be a uphill battle. As a support, he can fall off and not worry about it so much.

52club

I had that monitor. Sent it back. It's a perfect TN panel, IMO. But it's a TN panel. And after 7 years of IPS, the loss in color reproduction was simply a non-starter. The G Sync was really nice though. Not nice enough to make me lose a single second of sleep over choosing my 32" 21:9 IPS monitor over it, though. :3

Which model do you have, just curious. With my set up including that 40" still, I just couldn't fit in a 21:9. But who knows, if it was the right price down the road.

Although I'm thinking with money I saved going TN instead of IPS will be put towards either the Vive or the Rift. Depending on which one appears to be the better investment a few months after they actually release.

Which model do you have, just curious. With my set up including that 40" still, I just couldn't fit in a 21:9. But who knows, if it was the right price down the road.

Although I'm thinking with money I saved going TN instead of IPS will be put towards either the Vive or the Rift. Depending on which one appears to be the better investment a few months after they actually release.

I went with the Dell.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, outside of Mysterious Challenger and Justicar, I can't think of any TGT cards that get regularly played in constructed. Maybe a few of the mage spells?

BRM and LOE have a ton of played cards though.

Wok

I am considering making another smurf after achieving 70% winrate, and ending the serie with a Void radiance + tarrasque. When is the right time to create another smurf?

I have another smurf in VHS. I feel like there can be only few points for making a smurf: either going in Normal Skill Bracket and getting a high win rate, or going straight to High Skill / Very High Skill Brackets.

Edit: 4k

7bpdkmH.png

Wok

I wish I were good enough to create a smurf account...

Actually, I started making one because I wanted to practice heroes for which I was bad (like Pudge, and heroes that I am still bad with, like TA). But I ended up playing heroes that I knew how to play somehow (Slark, Void, Warden).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom