• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoli

Lone Druid this patch is so...

Qx2E8CH.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
After careful consideration and a few matches under the belt

Where does Aghs fit into her build order to get use out of it tho? Do you build it first item like AM builds BF and then just fuck off in the woods while your team tries not to lose without you?

if you're a hentai vr enthusiast then morpheus is the headset for you

light japanese perviness maybe, but sony won't be able to publish the sort of full frontal tentacle fisting hentai I need in VR

you know they'll put any piece of garbage on Steam, that's where the future is

I have just had one very close game as Arc Warden, getting our throne to very low after the game being totally dominated by Pudge, Bristleback, Chen and Invoker. Then suddenly ultra-kill while they suicide-push, teleport top lane, go straight for throne and gg.

3RlGhbX.png

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2019691866

https://yasp.co/matches/2019691866

If you have time, check the last minutes (it starts at 40min 50sec). This has to be one of the most unreal comeback I have ever experienced.

Only possible in an Arc Warden game: an underleveled hero with boots of travel and fast push capacity.

Edit: I have watched the replay, and there is this pro play by Doom to buy a desolator for the gg push. Also amazing defense of the team 4 vs 5.

Edit: Actually, it could have been a rampage. It could also have been a loss if I had not survived with less than 100 hp from the last fight with Pudge.

There is so much material there, I have submitted the clip to DotaCinema in the Fail section.

dotacinema????????

watafak man

yeah it works on items

bristle aghs is pretty fucking based. you can build ult stacks without targets meaning you have easily 7 stacks in the beginning of a fight

Hylian7

I think we need to talk about the fact that Phase Boots on Bristleback is viable now. I need to try it, but that sounds amazing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bristle needs tankiness and attack speed. You have enough MS with ult and SnY, damage comes all from ult and quills anyway

I've seen the aghs and I'm inclined to agree. It's not a linchpin like UD's is at all. In fact i'm hard pressed to think of when you'd want it over something infinitely more useful like Shivas.

NBtoaster

Bristle aghs would be better if it was still targeted. A lot of times you still want to snort at someone out of range but can't. It's actually worse for chasing.

Bristle aghs would be better if it was still targeted. A lot of times you still want to snort at someone out of range but can't. It's actually worse for chasing.

Seems like you're only meant to get it if you want to stack warpath more easily going into a fight, if you want to chase you want the regular one and if you want to slow the entire enemy team shivas seems better.

Bristleback's snot reduces armor, I'm pretty sure that's the only reason you'd ever get the aghs. The slow is just luxury. It's a PBAoE weave.

BB's aghs is the worst aghs upgrade in the game. I bought one and it made my hero worse.

Casting snot in a radius is actually worse than it being single target. Normally when you press Q and the cast animation starts your snot is going to go off unless you get fogged. With aghs snot people just walk out of your 600 range radius. Basically, aghs reduces snot's effective range. After some testing in game effective cast range is reduced by 100 about units.

Comparing aghs to ac makes things even worse, aghs gives 6.6 armor after 6.5 seconds ac gives 5 armor instantly. Aghs also lacks the pushing strength of ac as well as all the aura bonuses.

My only drow game got counter picked and team fed hardcore :(. Picked up a dragon lance and it was surprisingly good. The cheapness of it makes it core on drow if you plan on fighting early.

So what concepts for heroes have we yet to see that could be cool (or old concepts that should be revisited in the future)?

We're only down to Pit Lord. We have to start thinking of new heroes eventually and Icefrog probably has a backlog of ideas.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
So what concepts for heroes have we yet to see that could be cool (or old concepts that should be revisited in the future)?

We're only down to Pit Lord. We have to start thinking of new heroes eventually and Icefrog probably has a backlog of ideas.

I have an idea. It will be melee hero. Maybe cute girl. Yeah, cute girl with blades who can dash, deal area of effects damage, and slow, and also have attack speed boost, and skill shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom