• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think/hope they've thought up several new heroes and are even mostly done with their design but don't want to reveal anything before we have full parity.

I hope

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They should make more skillshots and mobility spells.

Also waifus like Kindred.
Kindred_0.jpg
As much as League tries to broaden the scope of their hero designs they're still making archers in 2015.

Russ T

Banned
They should make more skillshots and mobility spells.

I actually agree with this, but I hope the mobility spells continue to be as interesting as, say, the three spirits, as opposed to a glorified blink dagger.

And I'm always down for more skillshots.

edit: old? probably old

RJc7EM3.png

My worst was when I got a sudden packet loss (when valve had a lot of problems with the servers), and I blinked and used black hole while holding shift so I couldn't cancel my shit and cost us the game.

Game was recorded though even when we played for almost 1 hour hahahaha

Oh wow, best thing about that gif is that the enigma pinged axe like crazy. Hahahaha, this is the typical "everyone's fault when I make shit decisions".

Chris R

I wish making gifs was easier :( I'd love to capture my failures so I could post them for some sweet karma (and maybe learn from them lol)

aeolist

Banned
yeah I wasnt hyped for it or anything but its just ok

Hateful Eight and the Revenant still coming out this week tho

a friend just watched the h8ful 8 screener that leaked and said it was utterly boring

nothing but bad tarantino dialogue for hours and only two sets

a friend just watched the h8ful 8 screener that leaked and said it was utterly boring

I remember the Inglourious Basterds script leaking and people calling it shit. Turned out of my favourite movies ever.

shira

I really don't like it when directors use the same actors over and over.

Actors get lazy and it's too samey.

I remember the Inglourious Basterds script leaking and people calling it shit. Turned out of my favourite movies ever.

h8 is 3 hours with an intermission. You either love that shit or you don't

DrPizza

Banned

It wouldn't exactly be a Tarantino film if it weren't endless tedious dialogue. That man needs a damn editor, but he's too busy being an auteur to allow anyone to suggest that his endless conversations aren't actually even remotely interesting or engaging.

A friend showed me Death Proof (the full length version, not the "missing reel" Grindhouse cut) and my god, it is just crushingly boring. Tarantino regards it as his own worst; I regard it as his most true. He likes endless dialogue, he seems to think he has an ear for it, and he just doesn't.

I remember watching Pulp Fiction and really wanting to like it more than I did but I couldn't, some of the scenes are just boring and others feel odd.

Kill Bill was good though even though it included a 5 minute closeup of Uma Thurman's feet.
I really don't like it when directors use the same actors over and over.

Actors get lazy and it's too samey.
James Gunn does this without it being awful, he keeps reusing actors without it being super obnoxious.

Low Tier
FUCK THE SUPERMAN PRIME GUY

FUCK JHA MEOWTH RETARD

FUCK NOOBFROMSMP

FUCK THIS FROZEN- GUY

GOD BLESS THE REST OF MY TEAM

Haly

I want to do Aghs Luna but I don't want to be that guy who builds Aghs on Luna.

What do???

Low Tier
its rly good if they dont have any natural bkb buyers.

As long as you outpace the enemy cores in farm, you can get the aghs, and farm up your next item while they farm bkb, putting them at a disadvantage in ur right click fight, while also posing a threat at any point with ur aghs ultimate.

I'd go into detail but haly doesnt deserve it

Haly

That feel when I get less writeups than Hylian.
sad.gif

sixghost

After careful consideration and a few matches under the belt

8OVxRPp.png

Aghs is Drow's battlefury. No more, no less, really. Buying it with the hope of getting a lot of team fight mileage out of it is a fool's game. It doesn't turn Drow into Medusa or Luna. What it does do is let her clear faster than anyone in the game, period. Aghs + maelstrom is broken farming speeds.

Pick up a Dragon Lance to knock down towers if you're in a match where you can/want to play a pushing/split pushing style. With Dragon Lance, Drow basically becomes higher damage Sniper as far as towers are concerned, as she outranges max tower aggro range with that item (!) and hits for maybe 75% more damage at most phases of the game than Sniper does. Dragon Lance is also good for chasing down/kiting for kills. The build works well if you want to just find pickoffs. Break down Dragon Lance into Bfly and maybe BKB after the outter towers have all been claimed.

After you decide how you want to play the game and buy items to compliment it, fill in the rest of the items as needed (BKB, Daed, MKB, Satanic, whatever) as usual.

TLDR:
  • Aghs is nothing just the equivalent of a Battlefury on AM. Primarily good for farming, but not a great item for team fighting. You significantly increase your farm potential but not so much your team fight damage unless you have like...idunno, maybe a Magnus or Enigma on the squad.
  • Max farming build will include an early Aghs, Morbid and Maelstrom. You're the ranged anti-mage. Maybe include a blink dagger or phase boots or something for maximum farming efficiency.
  • Max pushing build will include a Dragon Lance. Include Shadowblade for split pushing and aggro play. Shadowblade into Silver Edge if against an appropriate amount of passives worth disabling.

Note: One of the games I only had the Mjollnir as my best damage item and it felt like shit. Don't do that. Drow still needs a Daed or MKB to augment her damage later. I think stopping at maelstrom is really enough, then using that high income to build into "Drow-appropriate" items (bfly, daed, satanic, manta, etc). Maybe finish Mjollnir as the 6th item. Daed/MKB, Travels and Satanic before Mjollnir completion for sure. After fully 6-slotted, sell Aghs for something else, IMO.

What is the order of dragon lance, maelstrom, morbid mask and aghs? Do you disassemble the dragon lance when you build the aghs or bkb?

How do you guys feel about 1-4-1 CK? I feel like once CK gets off to a decent start thanks to supports there's not a lot of heroes that can stand against him 1v1 with his 180 bonus damage reality rifts every 6 seconds and it's pretty good if you absolutely have to tp in to help out in a teamfight(assuming your team isn't severely lacking in cc) even though I like to farm until level 11 + drums before participating.

I hope to see this hero played in pros to see how they approach him after his recent buff.

Quesa

They need to buff enchant's scepter. You get 60 less atk range from dragon lance for like 2400 less gold, and I don't recommend getting both.

Haly

They need to buff enchant's scepter. You get 60 less atk range from dragon lance for like 2400 less gold, and I don't recommend getting both.

I do it's HILARIOUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom