• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red UFO

if ur really enjoying a horror games plot and atmosphere but it leaves you legit shook after playing for 10 mins what do u do

(talking about soma)

edit new page so something dota related: pudge sucks still

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Zesteria was a pretty mediocre Tales game. Not really bad, but it didn't catch my attention. Maybe I'll go back and try to finish it later and see if my opinion changes.

Grand Theft Auto:Lifestealer is the most fun I've had in dota for months.
W7k2xoy.png

His power

Kade

I find the game really poorly suited to it, personally. The fact the maps are some of my least favourite definitely doesn't help. Stopwatch is still GOAT

I just like playing as different roles/classes on that game mode. But yeah, I think Stopwatch is the best mode.

Shinypogs

if ur really enjoying a horror games plot and atmosphere but it leaves you legit shook after playing for 10 mins what do u do

(talking about soma)

edit new page so something dota related: pudge sucks still

Find a let's player whose video and play style you find appealing and watch their run of it? I had do that with Amnesia: the dark descent not because of fear but because the demo was enough time to tell me I was getting motion sick trying to play.

You can try playing in small chunks with soothing breaks in between but it's important not to push yourself past the threshold where you're no longer enjoying playing and are just trying to get to the next plot point.

On topic: I had a person claim mid and have pudge highlighted ( though not chosen) last night but then someone else picked razor and placed their icon mid and refused to move. Thankfully the potential pudge ended up bitching but picking Spectre and didn;t try to sabotage the team or the razor picker at any point.

It's so nice when people don't lose their damn minds over not getting their choice of lane or hero.

i got a steam controller but I have no idea what to use it on... I don't like it for platformers because I like a more traditional dpad and most kb/m games I feel like I need the kb/m

like I'm playing homeworld and lol I'm not going to use the controller for that.

i got a steam controller but I have no idea what to use it on... I don't like it for platformers because I like a more traditional dpad and most kb/m games I feel like I need the kb/m

like I'm playing homeworld and lol I'm not going to use the controller for that.

System shock 2 is apparently amazing with that thing

Wok

Dota buff plus telling the truth

9f3c6cc0cc.png

When the fuck are people gonna stop picking this hero

Me and me smurf.

All skill brackets:

Cr6BNcM.png

X13BvpL.png

High-skill only:

Rk8gYWG.png

WSsJwGa.png

To be honest, the few Arc Warden that I have played with were awful and ended up selling all their items and saving gold to feed a rapier and try to grief.

Me and me smurf.

All skill brackets:

Cr6BNcM.png

X13BvpL.png

High-skill only:

Rk8gYWG.png

WSsJwGa.png

To be honest, the few Arc Warden that I have played with were awful and ended up selling all their items and saving gold to feed a rapier and try to grief.
From my point of view with normal skill bracket everyone who picks him is absolutely terrible. Arc warden is definitely a good hero, just not in my bracket.

Wok

Where do you lane him/ what role?

Anywhere but jungle: mostly dual offlane, once dual mid, a few times safelane with a support.

I got a first blood once by spamming wraith at the 0:00 rune with the help of a Pudge. Otherwise, I just level up Q and stats, and spam Q on lone heroes in lanes. The harass on the hero with the lowest regen is ultra strong.

From my point of view with normal skill bracket everyone who picks him is absolutely terrible. Arc warden is definitely a good hero, just not in my bracket.

Do not feed necros. Push lanes and jungle constantly. Always help team with magnetic field once you get travels 2. Build any item that has an active that you can use: blink, abyssal, diffusal, maybe atos, etc. Otherwise, just build whatever is expensive, but do not feed rapiers.

Watch this for solo offlane versus Gyro: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2029277566

Watch this for afk jungle-push: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2029333925

Watch this for an epic comeback: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2019691866

Against certain drafts, you know you will eventually win. Against others, if people are decent, they will manage to keep all the lanes pushed all the time and you will have a hard time.

The good thing about jungling necros is that you occasionally deward the map!

shira

I promised my best friend I'd look into VC when it was on sale. How are you finding it?

Played the shit out of it on PS3, EZ goty 2008
+ watercolor artstyle
+ anime cutscenes
+ xcom gameplay
- some objectives aren't apparent
- unskippable cutscenes

Alicia best waifu
tumblr_nf1k0tbAhQ1txrzruo1_500.gif

Wok

How am I matched with an AM rudely asking for solo safelane, laning versus a solo offlane Shadow Fiend, feeding him ultra hard, ending up buying gem, with his 8 last hits at the 10 min mark, to feed to the opponents, and other stupid griefing stuff?

This was a game in "high" skill bracket on my smurf. With a last pick AM at 2629 mmr.

Wok

Nah forced 50 is the real constant. Humans are never constant going from amazing plays and losing to bad throws and still winning.

Edit: None of what I have written makes any sense. This is self-contradictory.

There is no such thing as forced 50% once you get good supports.

hX8YXxM.png

Basically, in normal games, there is a 50% chance to have a courier and wards ; in high skill bracket, you get great support and you just have to carry ; in very high skill, you might need to improve your last hitting because the opponent carry is better at it (than me at least).

So "forced 50%" is more about getting the courier and wards in my opinion.

Same result with my smurf, except for the VHS bracket for which sample size is too low.

VV3w4eL.png

Actually, support heroes completely influence the game result, this is intellectually demanding, and this is the reason why most players prefer to pick carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom