• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Teleportation would be great too.

After all of today's shenanigans, fuck cars.

Yeah fuck cars.

Just discovered one of the wheels on my rental has a shattered hubcap.

No idea when it happened, and don't think it was there when I rented the car. Now I get to deal with dealer bullshit because that's the lesser of two evils over dealing with my credit card company and the rental place.

I better be able to buy just a single one...

Artanisix

endless legend and nuclear throne are both very good games

the only games i picked up during steam sale but they've both been #worth

I'm probably going to double dip for the Vita version.

both Nuclear Throne and Bastion's vita ports are impeccable. December was really good for indie ports. Console version of Nuclear Throne has some weird quirks (dpad doesn't work, menus default to weird selections), but they should be fixed in the up coming patch.

Hylian7

I had a Skywrath on my team last night that was clearly trolling from minute zero, stealing last hits with Arcane Bolt. But then he decended into straight up stupid: He tried to steal ancients as I was farming them with his utl.
laugh.gif

Artanisix

confirmed, nuclear throne is like a good binding of isaac. just raw fun, no frustration, fun to play over and over. kinda has that super meatboy addiction to it

confirmed, nuclear throne is like a good binding of isaac. just raw fun, no frustration, fun to play over and over. kinda has that super meatboy addiction to it

It reminds me of a twinstick shooter version of Risk of Rain, which I also enjoyed immensely. Different sort of progression (you collect passive upgrades and a single active ability rather than guns and mutations), and instead of just clearing enemies spawned at the start, you have to activate a teleporter and then clear the room out while enemies continuously spawn for a minute.

Pratfall

what is going on in this thread. binding of isaac is already good. tho the description does tempt me on NT

does nuclear throne have cool item/passive interactions? the best thing about isaac is picking something up and it producing some insane damage/weapon.

afterbirth had some bullshit in it.
999, the way to unlock the last item, eh. also making devil/angel rooms worse and worse with every patch is annoying

They haven't shown it yet, but the soccer mom and the serial killer are both hilarious.

Overall the tone depends on who's in the scene, which was by design. But as the show goes on the writers are less good at writing serious than they think they are. The funny scenes stay good though.
Hmm that's sad to hear but I'll see for myself if that's true I guess. Wouldn't surprise me though, the plot is pretty ambitious.

But whenever I realize that one girl is doing like 5 people in a scene I crack up, especially when there's accents involved.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have never seen the Aghs do anything useful.

Classic Dagon Nyx or Blink Nyx Initiator/Disabler.

what is going on in this thread. binding of isaac is already good. tho the description does tempt me on NT

does nuclear throne have cool item/passive interactions? the best thing about isaac is picking something up and it producing some insane damage/weapon.

not so much. The passive upgrades tend to be more subtle than BoI. That said, the difference between bolt weapons (like crossbows) with and without the homing bolts upgrade is huge, and there are comparable upgrades for most damage types. Lots of unique weapons, too. It balances out.

Hmm that's sad to hear but I'll see for myself if that's true I guess. Wouldn't surprise me though, the plot is pretty ambitious.
I guess I should clarify it a little. Orphan Black is still one of my favorite shows. They're pretty good at situational tension, which is what makes the first season the strongest with the fake cop stuff and initial discovery being a good hook. But the overarching plot of the series over time often falls into the common scifi trap of throwing a lot of big words and code names around and mistaking it for interesting developments.

So getting into trouble, then finding a way out of trouble is usually good and still happens a lot. 4 syllable faction names that no one bothers to ever shorten in conversation, and other information reveals that seem like they were supposed to be bombshells often fall flat.

But I don't watch for the overall plot, I watch for the individual situations along the way, the humor, and of course the performances which just get even better over time. Viewers who are watching for the bigger picture tend to be a bit more disappointed.

xanavi

I think both isaac and nuclear throne are good games but they're pretty different.

Isaac has a huge amount of items that have unique synergies with each other. The challenge is in figuring out how to win given your circumstances but the fun comes in breaking RNG's back over your leg with a few very specific techniques.

Nuclear throne has a handful of mutations of which a few are unique to specific characters. Some characters like Yung Venuz are able to break the game in pretty ridiculous and entertaining ways with a specific set of mutations but the game remains brutally difficult at all times.

binding of Isaac and undertale

both are garbage

I don't think we can be friends anymore.
dac15_angry.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What do you guys think is the most amount of fun you can have on Steam for about 15 bux? I got some wallet cash and I was going to pick up something before the sale ends. Was leaning towards Invisible Inc or Satellite Reign to get my cyberpunk on.

What do you guys think is the most amount of fun you can have on Steam for about 15 bux? I got some wallet cash and I was going to pick up something before the sale ends. Was leaning towards Invisible Inc or Satellite Reign to get my cyberpunk on.

Cave Story. Its on sale for $4.94
Endless Legend is 10.19

DrPizza

Banned

Dota 2, it's free, use the $15 to buy hats.

mooncakes

is it just me guys or when i'm not play super srs mode, i feel like i enjoy the game more then playing it more serous. I end up winning more games when i dont really try hard.

bbd23

is it just me guys or when i'm not play super srs mode, i feel like i enjoy the game more then playing it more serous. I end up winning more games when i dont really try hard.

Yea I went on a 4 game losing streak. all of which were try hard mode

so I said fuck it and played pudge the next two games and won both xD

I also realized pudge is the only fun hero to play in dota. missing hooks is hilarious and hitting them feels so damn good.

I'm joining in with Hylian, Pudge is completely broken this patch. Nice, easy, free MMR.

Note: previous patches I carried about a 30% winrate with him.

TUSR

Banned
SAO sucked after episode 3, and almost became good in the Mothers Rosario arc of season 2 except SUPER AIDS happened.

rgj0eP0.jpg

What is Nuclear Throne?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom