• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompidu

Played some ursa tonight.
He's a viable hero, just doesn't have much impact till blink dagger. But once you get dagger its game on.

Went boots > mask > blink > vlads > bkb > abysall.
Feels like thats a good build for him, but has been the same for like forever now.

sixghost

What's the skill build for silencer now? the new Q seems underwhelming

I got the same impression the first time I played him post patch. I maxed the Q first and my hero damage at the end of the game was garbage. I think the builds are the same as before, largely ignoring the Q and maxing either W or E passed or whether you are core or support.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Since I'm such a stick in the mud, I decided to spend my night filling out my taxes to the best of my ability before I actually get the 7 different tax forums I need. I can now look forward to exciting purchases like paying Medical bills and having an emergency funds
and maybe one of these fancy $700-$800 1440p 144hz gsysnc monitors if these numbers are right

I played the hell out of the free, original version of Cave Story. Great game. Does the Steam version add anything? I've been disinterested in all of the attempts to bring it to actual video game platforms so far (like the awful looking 2.5D one on one of the DS systems). Also I own Endless Legend. It's alright.

The steam version is best port of the game, nothing like the 3ds abomination.
It has improved graphics (can be switched the original), more levels, more difficulty modes and achievements.

Problem is not mkbs, it's the instant initiation and burst meta
Also good to note her chasing and mobility are countered by bkb. On top of being countered by ghost (obviously)

Demoli

The worst part of seeing EE play PA is that he not only picks incredibly early but also tries to coerce his entire team to pick around him.

Been really enjoying Morph/Sylla and tiny this Patch

2cafa8a920.jpg

PogChamp.png

TUSR, what exactly is wrong with GDQ these days (apart from it being noticably more boring)? Where's Duke Bilgewater and his dumb Hotline Miami and other shitty games runs?

TUSR, what exactly is wrong with GDQ these days (apart from it being noticably more boring)? Where's Duke Bilgewater and his dumb Hotline Miami and other shitty games runs?

The GDQ organization is run very poorly. Romscout (prominent member who was going to do a lot of the organization work, particularly for SGDQ) was let go for reasons I personally do not know. There's a lot of general oddities, too. Inconsistencies in the company's registration, financial situations, the game selection process seems to have the same hiccups despite the fact it's been happening for years, etc. etc. On top of all that, some people have issues with the charity.

But also I think it's just becoming too general-public-focused, for lack of a nice term. Less games getting in that make for interesting and fun speedruns in favour of the newest 90 metacritic score game, or something that a bunch of random people clamour about despite it not being a very good speedgame.

Bit of a rant but yeah.... it has its issues.

Hylian7

The steam version is best port of the game, nothing like the 3ds abomination.
It has improved graphics (can be switched the original), more levels, more difficulty modes and achievements.
There are 2 3DS versions. The 3D one, and the one that is the same as the Steam version.

Holden

There are 2 3DS versions. The 3D one, and the one that is the same as the Steam version.

the one i have on 3ds is the original one, not cavestory+ (the steam one)

i don't think cavestory+ is on 3ds

the secret level in cave story <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

DrPizza

Banned
The GDQ organization is run very poorly. Romscout (prominent member who was going to do a lot of the organization work, particularly for SGDQ) was let go for reasons I personally do not know. There's a lot of general oddities, too. Inconsistencies in the company's registration, financial situations, the game selection process seems to have the same hiccups despite the fact it's been happening for years, etc. etc. On top of all that, some people have issues with the charity.

But also I think it's just becoming too general-public-focused, for lack of a nice term. Less games getting in that make for interesting and fun speedruns in favour of the newest 90 metacritic score game, or something that a bunch of random people clamour about despite it not being a very good speedgame.

Bit of a rant but yeah.... it has its issues.

They need more speedrunners like the black dude who does Mario games whose name I can't remember. His comfort with talking to people, answering questions, explaining why this or that bit is particularly hard, etc., makes for a much more entertaining stream.

They need more speedrunners like the black dude who does Mario games whose name I can't remember. His comfort with talking to people, answering questions, explaining why this or that bit is particularly hard, etc., makes for a much more entertaining stream.

Big Jon's cool as fuck. He submitted multiple things and got denied.

Unfortunately I think a lot of the really strong commentators are getting fed up with GDQs. The optimist inside me is hoping for some splinter marathons with the production and atmosphere of old GDQs. There are lots of small marathons but they rarely garner much attention, and tend to have weaker line ups due to the lack of said attention.

Until then ESA is our only hope.
oh man im playing in the euro major open qualifiers tomrrow rofl
ggdire.gif
ggradiant.gif
whats your mmr tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom