• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
AM doesn't even need to go late, if he gets to mid game uncontested you are dead, he's gonna be one or two items ahead with blink and 50% magic resistance, you're not dealing with that shit
in a 6 slot battle he's not the best hero imo

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i'll be curious to see if the apparent snowball meta persists into higher-tier games

dunno if i'd call this a snowball (deathball/push a better word tho imo, but it's more of a prolonged, extended deathball lol) meta yet, avg. match duration seems to be pretty high still, probs 35-45 min range

tho push strats are much more viable this patch, which is a refreshing difference from 6.85. Chen, DP, LD, NP, SS, TB, and Enchantress all seem to be pretty strong heroes this patch. bU muH same metagame/heroes. navi even giving spectre her day ;). HYLIAN WAS RIGHT.

aeolist

Banned
dunno if i'd call this a snowball (deathball/push a better word tho imo, but it's more of a prolonged, extended deathball lol) meta yet, avg. match duration seems to be pretty high still, probs 35-45 min range

tho push strats are much more viable this patch, which is a refreshing difference from 6.85. Chen, DP, LD, NP, SS, TB, and Enchantress all seem to be pretty strong heroes this patch. bU muH same metagame/heroes. navi even giving spectre her day ;). HYLIAN WAS RIGHT.

i said snowball because i saw a ton of games during the open quals that weren't push/zoo strat but were over at 20 minutes because one team would get a couple early kills and then went on an unstoppable murder spree

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i said snowball because i saw a ton of games during the open quals that weren't push/zoo strat but were over at 20 minutes because one team would get a couple early kills and then went on an unstoppable murder spree

Well that's partially the massive skill disparity of open qualis; i mean you had reddit circle jerking a couple of 400 mmr avg. teams that signed up lol. Combine that with push heroes being relatively strong/popular again and well you're probably going to have some 10 minute ff's.

kionedrik

Lol wat. He's not the best manfighter against equally farmed cores but mobility scales insanely well into late game. I mostly feel confident playing him past the 50 min stage.

AM strength comes from the fact that he can get late game items faster than most carries which means technically he starts being a menace earlier.
If the game doesn't end at that point and drags out allowing the other carry to catch up in farm and items he stops being scary since he loses almost every late game carry manfight. His saving grace in these situations is that he can rat his way to victory some times.

Doublehex

Neo Member
I just want to add, you have to take into consideration that AM doesn't have any inate scaling capabilities.

Take Juggernaut for instance. His Blade Dance gives him a 35% chance to do 200% damage every time he attacks. When you have Butterfly + Skadi + whatever else you will have at that point in the game, you will be a scary force.

Spectre has her dispersion, witch lets her ignore 22% of all damage dealt to her. That is going to be considerable no matter how you play it.

Gyrocopter's flak cannon lets him hit a potentially unlimited amount of targets for up to 15 seconds. If you have the items to back that up with, Gyro is going to hurt.

At 45+ minutes, just being mobile is not going to cut it.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
he has a 1.45 BAT and he's incredibly level dependent

while he's not the best late game carry and he certainly hits his peak at 30-40 minutes when he's ahead of other carries, he's not a bad late game carry per say. i hate to agree with imp lol, but mobility does tend to scale well late, and with the introduction of moon shard his peak timing is extended by quite some time as there's more to farm to get maxed out. not to mention having an orb that pierces bkb is always pretty big late game and like kio points out, ratting is sometimes an enormous piece of 60+ minute games and AM excels at that. and spell shield becomes more valuable as you pile on more hp and now gives more passive magic res. than huskar's low hp max magic. res.

tldr: he might not be the absolute best late game carry, but his late game manfight, mobility, and ratting are pretty damn strong

Hylian7

midas > lance > aghs
don't disassemble imo
Why wouldn't you? You buy the other 3 pieces of Aghs, and you have the Ogre Club right there. You get more range out of Aghs than Dragon Lance, and then you are a short distance away from buying Dragon Lance again. It would be inefficient not to disassemble.

build Dragon Lance on Viper btw, makes him slightly less boring and slightly more cancer.

Is Dragon Lance > Aghs even that good on Ench? Don't you need something for mana regen first?

Why wouldn't you? You buy the other 3 pieces of Aghs, and you have the Ogre Club right there. You get more range out of Aghs than Dragon Lance, and then you are a short distance away from buying Dragon Lance again. It would be inefficient not to disassemble.

I think I'd rather have lance + point booster + club than aghs + quarterstaff

Quesa

build Dragon Lance on Viper btw, makes him slightly less boring and slightly more cancer.

Is Dragon Lance > Aghs even that good on Ench? Don't you need something for mana regen first?

Having tried the DL+ Aghs build, I would agree. Lots of range you won't get to use. I would go midas > DL > Orchid > Aghs.

shira

DC destroyed by morphling

I hope that team makes no money and disbands, then reforms under Clown9 and their swag new jerseys
CYIDXa3UAAAD-tu.jpg:large

Doublehex

Neo Member
In regards to playing Enchantress, here is something I have been thinking about her. Go into Dragon Lance -> Mana regen item, like Euls or Bloodstone. You will use up alot of mana spamming Impetus, and with Dragon Lance giving you so much range anyway I don't see how Aghanims as such a priority.

I haven't played her with the new patch yet, so I'm not so sure how this would work in practice. Food for thought tho!

LC's oracle is level 20 and his ult is still level 2
what the fuck ?

rat could have worked if they had sent razor with aghs (sell some shit to get it) and use the 3 other heroes to stop all TPs I guess

M.D

Liquid should have definitely gotten an invite to the major guys they won that joindota lan no one knows exists and hmm yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom