• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liquid should have definitely gotten an invite to the major guys they won that joindota lan no one knows exists and hmm yeah

on the other hand secret totes deserved that invite

1452200057-secretwr.png

I guess being top fucking memers and anime trash is enough to warrant an invite
nature-deal.gif

• Improved client performance when selecting units with bonus damage. Previously a large frame hitch could occur when selecting such units.
  • Fixed a bug where the sound while opening a treasure could occasionally continue playing after leaving that page.
  • Fixed the Shanghai Major incorrectly appearing in the Professional section (it is now found under Premium.)
  • Fixed some Shanghai Major matches not appearing in the live games list.
  • Fixed Legion Commander's arcana detail texture.
  • Fixed a bug in the workshop tools where new custom games couldn't be uploaded.
  • Improved workshop tool messages in error cases.

M.D

Bets on Secret being put in what appears to be the easiest group in the major for what seems like a 5th lan in a row? I'm not saying its a conspiracy guys

gj2oqQy.jpg

Has the framerate been fixed? I'd go from >110 fps down to sub 60 IN-GAME

Menu sub 40 fps. It was incredibly annoying. Had to exit and boot again to get fps back.

Hylian7

This is something I've been thinking about lately, we're only one hero away from having full hero parity (If you can even consider that a thing anymore since WC3 Dota is still on 6.83). Whenever Pit Lord/Abyssal Underlord/Pyre Lord/Billy the Grimdark Owner of Bottomless Holes comes out, the game still technically won't be at full parity as far as content goes. The only thing left that's missing that I know of are neutrals, although given some of the stuff that exists in the game today, I would think it would be difficult to implement some of these and have them be relevant/balanced.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Drakken_Camp

Blue_Dragonspawn_Sorcerer.jpg
Blue_Dragonspawn_Overseer.jpg

These guys all have 15% evasion, and the big one has a +3 armor aura with 900 range. That would be kind of scary with Chen or Lifestealer, and also having the Black Dragon.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Stalker_Camp

Jungle_Stalker_Camp.png

These guys don't have anything particularly special about them, just Spell Immunity like all the other ancient camps.

Both of these are ancient camps. Also, does anyone remember that patch a long time ago where the Black Dragons had flying movement, and then it was reverted in the b patch? I forget which patch it was, and the Wiki doesn't seem to have it listed under their changelog. I wonder if that will ever come back, or if that idea really is scrapped for good.

• [*]Improved client performance when selecting units with bonus damage. Previously a large frame hitch could occur when selecting such units.
  • Fixed a bug where the sound while opening a treasure could occasionally continue playing after leaving that page.
  • Fixed the Shanghai Major incorrectly appearing in the Professional section (it is now found under Premium.)
  • Fixed a bug in the workshop tools where new custom games couldn't be uploaded.

surprise.gif

I'm curious how the hell that even happens in the first place.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
  • Improved client performance when selecting units with bonus damage. Previously a large frame hitch could occur when selecting such units.

u fukn srs, they fix some legion arcana detail and yet the TB arcana has had broken particles for like 2 fukn years

what dota 2 really needs is an ui update for the scoreboard, updated ability icons, and updated hero models.

fuck balance in all things and focus on these valve pls

Pugna icons
sick.gif

Slardar in general
sick.gif

Epicenter icon
sick.gif

tony icons
sick.gif

kionedrik

No, the flat chest is how she looks now, her model is actually all kinds of fucked up. There's a long list of heroes whose models just aren't good enough.

my only problem with that model is the way her back arcs in a weird way and the head seems to be floating around on top of her chest. flat chest is actually fitting.

WR model is fine. It doesn't stand up to waifu scrutiny close-up but atleast it works well during actual games

models like slardar and viper are distractingly bad during normal gameplay, not just under otaku microscopes

Russ T

Banned
So what do we want for Viper, exactly? Turn him back into a dragon?

If it weren't for the fact that 1) it'd be a huge drastic change and thus no one would let it through and 2) LoL already has a character like this...

I'd say just make him completely different from how he is right now. Turn him into a disgusting poisonous slime ball. Completely new flavor. Maybe even rename him.

But I know this won't happen. As for a more realistic desire, I don't know. Valve has good artists. They can think of SOMETHING.

my only problem with that model is the way her back arcs in a weird way and the head seems to be floating around on top of her chest. flat chest is actually fitting.

WR model is fine. It doesn't stand up to waifu scrutiny close-up but atleast it works well during actual games

models like slardar and viper are distractingly bad during normal gameplay, not just under otaku microscopes

I'm not saying "give her big boobs volvo pls", the problem is that the decision to make her flat chested screwed up her textures. Apparently her arms are also fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom