• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

elyetis

Why did I care about silhouette, hero's usual color, etc.. when I try to make an item ? that nyx set is just another proof that anything can actually get into the game.

Why did I care about silhouette, hero's usual color, etc.. when I try to make an item ? that nyx set is just another proof that anything can actually get into the game.

Nyx has such a unique profile that a lot of things can be made for him that stretch the boundaries. Nobody is going to be confused by this set.

Tagyhag

I really wouldn't mind if Valve made us wait like they did, if they just explained what's going on or their targeted schedule.

I know they don't have to, and they don't owe us anything, but I feel like it would at least calm some people down.

Valve isn't known for transparency, but completely ignoring your community is not going to lead to good things.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Those sets are kinda ass. I can't even spend my Steam bux on anything worthwhile here. Shame.

e: That DBZ courier is kinda cute though.

KingKong

Do sets even sell? I know keys sell a lot but Ive been playing for half a year now and I only remember a handful of times that someone had a full set equipped

Guys just play CS:GO instead. I just made 8 bucks from an AK-47 skin that I got as a drop. 8 bucks! That's like 2 Steam games during the winter sale. I'm rich!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
That /r/Volvo post made it to #2 on /r/all.

Valve really fucked up here. This hurts the game and could have been avoided with a simple blog post

Artanisix

TBH if the ember/earth spirit icons and abilities weren't leaked and Wyk didn't post his troll screenshot, the hype wouldn't have nearly been as high.

Not that that justifies the ridiculous stupidity of the diretide crowd right now.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Apparently this is in the update files: https://raw.github.com/dotabuff/d2v...source/flash3/images/heroes/spirit_secret.jpg

Could be a troll though
the one like with 5 skins released near halloween

oh wait which one is that

edit: sorry thats not fair to lol

it was two new skins and some ward skins and a welcome screen

man gg riot you sure won this round
The sad part is that Riot did win, and all they is was bring back a bunch of old skins, a couple new ones, some ward skins and a mystery gifting option. It didn't take much

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think the issue is just the general communication that Valve has with it's community, It's at this stage 0.

Look at the dota blog post when you log in, it's still first blood all the way back in September. 6.79 brought some big changes to dota and yet, there's nothing informing new players or players in general of the changes.

A simple blog post stating, Hey guys, a new balance patch was issued today which brings some big changes to some of the heroes you love. Scroll down below to see what's changed!. Would have been nice and yet we don't even have that.

My suggestion would be, Give CyborgMatt access to the blog so he can update it with bi-weekly information. Clearly he wouldn't be able to post hero predictions and super secret hidden files. But general changes that have happened, the items added to the store and so on would still be nice enough for the average player.

Will play TF2 Halloween this weekend I guess! Haven't played that game in a while.

Sibylus

Banned
bD9ax4o.png

People legit on tilt, yo.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I honestly feel bad for Matt because Valve are dickheads and let him take the negativity of the community by standing by and not communicating. At least pay him to do it

i really think that the decisions for no diretide came because of economical interest. now with the limited drop list(which are fairly new items) and everybody getting them ppl would have no reason to buy them.

They could have simply made it a new, temporary mode with no guaranteed drops.

Or they could have made some special items or something just for the event that could be obtained. A courier that could be leveled up with candy or wins or some such. Something. Anything other than nothing at all.

A day later and it still hurts :'(

༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ

awww come here. ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ

dave is ok

aztek is ok
So my guess is that they'll start the x.79 quest for Ember and Earfh Spirit this weekend and purposely cockblock the final stage(s) for as long as it takes to actually finish the heroes

IceMarker

Like, I wonder if they're all sitting around the office shrugging to each other.

Honestly, I want to believe that they've been working hard on complete parity (heroes and all) with DOTA 1 and are planning to release it all in one huge "Rampage!" update. It just sucks we have no hints besides what Wyrkhm and Cyborgmatt have been posting which is next to nothing.
[/pipedream]

[link opening trasure chest.mp3]
duh-nuh-nuh-nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
spirit_secret.jpg
Well for sure we're getting Earth and Fire next patch
in 2014.

shira

Honestly, I want to believe that they've been working hard on complete parity (heroes and all) with DOTA 1 and are planning to release it all in one huge "Rampage!" update. It just sucks we have no hints besides what Wyrkhm and Cyborgmatt have been posting which is next to nothing.
[/pipedream]

Well for sure we're getting Earth and Fire next patch
in 2014.

Dota2_FlyingBoarCourier.gif

Next year is going to be great!
Valve time™ year? I don't know if I'll still be alive.

I think the issue is just the general communication that Valve has with it's community, It's at this stage 0.

Look at the dota blog post when you log in, it's still first blood all the way back in September. 6.79 brought some big changes to dota and yet, there's nothing informing new players or players in general of the changes.

A simple blog post stating, Hey guys, a new balance patch was issued today which brings some big changes to some of the heroes you love. Scroll down below to see what's changed!. Would have been nice and yet we don't even have that.

My suggestion would be, Give CyborgMatt access to the blog so he can update it with bi-weekly information. Clearly he wouldn't be able to post hero predictions and super secret hidden files. But general changes that have happened, the items added to the store and so on would still be nice enough for the average player.

Will play TF2 Halloween this weekend I guess! Haven't played that game in a while.

I agree with this. And give him actual insight into what's going on beyond a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom