• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

I guess I can see it become boring after a couple of games. Better dose him :)
Sometimes you just have to do what's required for the team though.

I just remember winning and feeling like, 'wow, I don't feel like I got to do much.'

Even if I was constantly pushing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wonder how long the wait will be. Hopefully next week, but this is valve, so I going to just dial my expectations to never, then I can't get disappointed.

Deadstar

And God spoke.
And the people listened.
And Diretide came.
And the people were pleased.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I wish they would implement the ticket system with CSGO, I know the keys serve a similar purpose, but would be quality to be support some tournaments.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish they would implement the ticket system with CSGO, I know the keys serve a similar purpose, but would be quality to be support some tournaments.
They could just make an esports chest, but I don't think dota really needs one, it has a very healthy tournament scene.

They could just make an esports chest.

I know they have done (hence why I mentioned the keys) but I would go further and have a ticket system like they do in Dota 2.

Could make some gun skins for supporting it, different hud, grenades skins, plenty of ways to get people invested in different tournaments.

Edit: I think Dota is doing just fine in the way it supports its scene, was hoping CSGO could follow its lead.

MLG numbers showing some healthy support, which is great.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
BALLS has terrorblade. dota doesnt.

the choice is obvious.
But terrorblade sucks.
I know they have done (hence why I mentioned the keys) but I would go further and have a ticket system like they do in Dota 2.

Could make some gun skins for supporting it, different hud, grenades skins, plenty of ways to get people invested in different tournaments.
Oh, I read it as using CS:go's system in dota.

theRizzle

Why the fuck do companies do this to themselves? Not that they are obligated to, but literally one tweet saying "I know you are mad about Diretide... we will explain in a week or 2" could have saved so much rage

NEXT BIG PATCH OMG NEW HEROES

yea whateva

Why the fuck do companies do this to themselves? Not that they are obligated to, but literally one tweet saying "I know you are mad about Diretide... we will explain in a week or 2" could have saved so much rage

Cyborgmatt posted here saying that nobody could remember the blog password.

He may have been kidding, but I wouldn't have been surprised. Considering how infrequently they actually use the shit, I had no reason to believe it wasn't true.

Anteo

So, after they patch diretide in again, are people going to tweet some thanks to volvo (and I mean Volvo, the car thing)

Does anyone remember if there were neutrals on the map or not in Diretide? If not I'd have to rethink my *uber leet* strategy for taking down Rosh insanely fast. Though it still assumes the format isn't changing (which is unlikely - seems like it will be at least somewhat different.)

Still would need a 10-man stack to be paired all together though.

Does anyone remember if there were neutrals on the map or not in Diretide? If not I'd have to rethink my *uber leet* strategy for taking down Rosh insanely fast. Though it still assumes the format isn't changing (which is unlikely - seems like it will be at least somewhat different.)

They said in the blog post they were changing things. I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of the rosh fight at the end, that was terrible.

Like an hour in everyone had figured out with eblades and dagons it took all of like 2 seconds anyway.

Boken

Banned
The Plan:

-do nothing. community super angry.
-do something. community super happy, forgets angry.

better than just

-do something. community expected it anyway, community neutral.

somebody has this on their whiteboard

JustinBB7

There were neutrals, they gave out candy too.

ALSO YES BIG PATCH AND DIRETIDE SOOON

BigAT

The Plan:

-do nothing. community super angry.
-do something. community super happy, forgets angry.

better than just

-do something. community expected it anyway, community neutral.

somebody has this on their whiteboard

Gabe carved it into a wall with his knife.

There were neutrals, they gave out candy too.

ALSO YES BIG PATCH AND DIRETIDE SOOON

fuck DireTide. that time has passed and ship sailed.

The more interesting thing is that they expected their "big update" to be ready for the Halloween season and has been under construction for some time. We're well over a week past that and it's still not ready. Suddenly, I don't suspect it will be done in November at all.

JustinBB7

fuck DireTide. that time has passed and ship sailed.

The more interesting thing is that they expected their "big update" to be ready for the Halloween season and has been under construction for some time. We're well over a week past that and it's still not ready. Suddenly, I don't suspect it will be done in November at all.

Yea I dunno why people are screaming next week. I hope so but I doubt it. But they kinda have to hurry I suppose. Because they sure as hell don't want to skip greeviling/frostivus for christmas after this drama.

Yea I dunno why people are screaming next week. I hope so but I doubt it. But they kinda have to hurry I suppose. Because they sure as hell don't want to skip greeviling/frostivus for christmas after this drama.
I suspect they'd just delay the "big patch" again if it looks like it will run into Greevling time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom