• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called ET being secretly overpowered some weeks ago before he got into CM. It seems to be the aura that's totally over the top.

I think it's mostly the fact that the aura is propagated by the spirit. It means you can effortlessly apply 100% armor reduction and 33% magic damage amplification to a target from ridiculous ranges with no risk to ET himself. The short range on the effect would balance it out if the hero had to apply it.

I called ET being secretly overpowered some weeks ago before he got into CM. It seems to be the aura that's totally over the top.

Yes, it's the aura. It's always been the aura, and the fact that it attaches to the W. The rest of kit is just icing on the cake. Easy setups for team fights, free counter-initiation, stupid damage amplification.

There is literally nothing to not like. He's been one of my most dominant champs wherever I play him. I've played him a lot mid, support and carry. He can be effective in any position as long as he gets his levels.

Add an AC to his build for maximum devastation.

ksan

Everyone who played dota 1 knew that natural order is ridiculous, but it wasn't until I played him/with him again I remembered how sick it was.
You can be extremely far behind, and as long as ET is still alive, you have a chance due to it adding like 50% net worth in terms of damage output.

Go back to the old joindota podcasts/talk shows to put it in perspective, where ppy talk about war cry and other skills in terms of gold value, and now there is nothing comparable to natural order in any way.

Absolutely no one who payed any attention to the Dota 1 comp scene thought TC was 'secretly' OP. In fact people were stunned when Icefrog let TC control his spirit's movement instead of simply having it move opposite to how TC did.

ksan

So, I'm gonna say it again.
I don't even want to understand dota anymore.
Somehow, I believe that TC/Troll looks better as the first two picks over Bat/Wisp.

But still I believe that bat and wisp are super tier 1 omega tiger woods heroes...

Interesting that CM has become a T1 support lately. Visage falling off, at least in the western scene, though he never caught on nearly as much as in the East.

G.ZZZ

Aura being on the spirit + spirit being controllable was a pretty dumb choice i agree. I think icefrog will split the aura into two next version (something like, with spirit out, spirit only decrease spell resistance while normal body decrease armor, or just half values on both that stack, like Echo stomp already do now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom