• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I see. So the early-mid phase healing options are Tangos (cannot be interrupted, but slow rate of healing), Salves/Clarity (lots of healing, but can be interrupted), and magic stick (instant, but low amount health/mana healed)?

I assume calculating the relative worth of Armor/Evasion/Block/Regen/+Str involves a ton of situational math, right?

shira

[facepalm]
Bounchhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Ms3HQQO.jpg

Lmao, what a terrible day to have the flu. Titan vs Mineski was hype as fuck, wish I could have been there in person to see it. I live like 10 minutes away.

bounchfx

[facepalm]
Bounchhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Ms3HQQO.jpg

I said it would be absolutely amazing to have a real Volvo courier (as a joke) but then my concept artist went and did it for real! I didn't expect this at all, but I was certainly interested in doing one. I guess we're waiting for Volvo's response now. It would almost be too good to be true.

Also that lich video by refleksy was totally helpful today in netting me a lich ultrakill<3
http://s.dropcanvas.com/1000000/221000/220908/big/ultrakeel.gif

That is an amazing kill. <3 lich.

shira

I said it would be absolutely amazing to have a real Volvo courier (as a joke) but then my concept artist went and did it for real! I didn't expect this at all, but I was certainly interested in doing one. I guess we're waiting for Volvo's response now. It would almost be too good to be true.

I see Anuxi passed on commenting.

bounchfx

I'm sure she has some crazy shit in the works that would make me blush, for sure. I can't wait to see what she submits next. Don't worry though, there's background hugs. We're all friends here ^_^

shira

I'm a little scared that you see this as a buisness opportunity. It's fine for Reddit chuckles and whatnot, but is this really what you want

ViviOggi

I don't mind if he makes money - in fact I try and support any artists that post here, my problem is the pandora's box that this opens and the integrity of the game.

Yeah, if Valve kept it a one-time thing I'd be totally fine with a Volvo courier, but even then its existence would clutter the workshop immensely, and they might still turn around in one or two years tempted by marketing money. I don't think it's worth it.

shira

Winter beats godz in the best macho man look.

Pinoy dota is honestly .. fucking amazing.

Damn these pinoys are pretty good at working the crowd
jnQwY7E.jpg

http://youtu.be/sXF2q5uYqcY

people actually care about the integrity of dota?

I do.

Hi dota gaf!
got a question for you all.
if i want to buy some dota 2 items that will hopefully appreciate in value (and dont cost more then 10-15$) what should i get? thinking of the leviathan blade maybe?

Good choice. The whale blade gives a fun little animation too. Manta blades might be 15ish if you get them unboxed, though they are worth more boxed. . .

yarden24

Hi dota gaf!
got a question for you all.
if i want to buy some dota 2 items that will hopefully appreciate in value (and dont cost more then 10-15$) what should i get? thinking of the leviathan blade maybe?

fiore

Banned
Two wins, then three losses..and those losses are because of either Serbian players, or complete noobs who deny the existence of bounty hunter solo offlane

Spookie

Weekend solo queue is going to fucking kill me. It's impossible to do the A-Z challenge when people keep picking jungle heroes when I insta pick Axe.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Weekend solo queue is going to fucking kill me. It's impossible to do the A-Z challenge when people keep picking jungle heroes when I insta pick Axe.

Weekend solo queue? Since when is that the problem? Weekday daytime solo queue is the dregs of this community.

Dahbomb

Ah, I see. So the early-mid phase healing options are Tangos (cannot be interrupted, but slow rate of healing), Salves/Clarity (lots of healing, but can be interrupted), and magic stick (instant, but low amount health/mana healed)?

I assume calculating the relative worth of Armor/Evasion/Block/Regen/+Str involves a ton of situational math, right?
Starting items vary from hero to hero. Generally speaking you want some regen (one set of Tango and one Healing Salve) and some stats (like the "gg" branches or a slipper of agility if you are playing agility). If you are playing melee who is squishy you can definitely get a stout shield as well. If you are a one position melee carry you can also get quelling blade for easier last hitting. Clarities are usually only gotten on supports or heroes who are likely to use a lot of spells early on. And of course supports always buy wards and couriers (well balanced team usually has two supports on it so one buys a courier and the other one an observer ward).

abunai

Ever since I started playing Captain's Draft, I've come across more nice people than typical dota players. Stomp or close, people are always pretty well mannered. Anecdotal probably. I'm still way behind on 6.79 though, it's rare I can play these days. What time (typically) do eu gaf (?) play?

ViviOggi

Ever since I started playing Captain's Draft, I've come across more nice people than typical dota players. Stomp or close, people are always pretty well mannered. Anecdotal probably.

You'll get the occasional rager who mostly tends to flame the captain, but yeah, from my experience CD has a wholly different crowd than AP for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom