• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that change was for the better ( best ? grammarGAF help me ! ) as it has been proven for the few past few month.

It has to do with whether you're comparing it (the changes) to something else or not, in this case 'the better' would be used.

Pretty sure that's right.

And that change was for the better ( best ? grammarGAF help me ! ) as it has been proven for the few past few month.
The fact that the game is still growing, servers are stable and the partners are happy. Yes.

The big update that is coming will make you appreciate the new setup, trust me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I do worry for server stabilty, the game servers in Europe are starting to run into issues if reddit is any indication, and the 'match finder' server goes down frequently.

Razzer

The fact that the game is still growing, servers are stable and the partners are happy. Yes.

The big update that is coming will make you appreciate the new setup, trust me.

I just want to know what it iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssss :p

And I mean that in an 'OMG OMG SO EXCITED' bouncing around like a little girl way, not a 'wtf Valve you lazy shits you never update this game jesus christ' way, so don't feel like I'm attacking Valve or anything.

Steam acting weird for anybody else?

Yeah. Couldn't connect to a CS:GO server even though it said people were there. Then I logged on to Dota and found a match, but after readying up it wouldn't let me connect to the game. So I'm pretty sure I got an abandon. Frustrating.

Dahbomb

All this Sniper talk got me fired up to play some Sniper games.

First game I rolled with a godlike streak. They didn't have many gap closing heroes except for Sand King but we had Spirit Breaker as well to keep them occupied while I did my thing.

Second game, I am like "I got dis shit!" and first pick Sniper. Other team responds with Bounty Hunter, Nyx, Life Stealer and Templar Assassin picks...

Yeah that went about as well as expected. Lifestealer got fed with the Naix/Nyx bomb and BH was feeding them track kills in the process. Match ended up being closer than expected because they sort of got cocky and went into detection but the snowball was just too much and the composition straight up owned Sniper.

Hylian7

I think this is my favorite clause ever read.

Speaking of HoN, Bruno and Pyrion were shocked to find out Hellflower silenced item use too during a DreamLeague cast today.
That is the Orchid equivalent, right? That sounds like a Scythe without the slow! It seems incredibly OP. I couldn't imagine how ridiculous it would be on the Storm Spirit equivalent.

Speaking of Storm, I have really gotten good at that hero. I'm really a big fan of the Bottle > Treads > Orchid > Scythe (BKB before Scythe if you need it). Really gives you more utility and burst potential than Arcanes > Bloodstone does. You really have to be careful with how you use Ball Lightning though.

Kard8p3

Does that 4gb patch give me anything without the expansion?

Not sure tbh, I'm actually buying the original version and the expansion. I had EU for 360 but I loved it and wanted to support the developers(as well as play the expansion) so I just binged and bought both.

Artanisix

When are you going to make a new team milk? Or at least play some NEL for us.

Maybe sometime this year possibly maybe kinda idk. Been talking on and off with KvH about a new team but I don't have much time this year because I'm working on my teaching credentials. So I'm a dirty casual right now who prefers to beat up on Tswiftx and Procarbine in inhouses. But I'd love to go semi-pro again eventually.

JustinBB7

I do worry for server stabilty, the game servers in Europe are starting to run into issues if reddit is any indication, and the 'match finder' server goes down frequently.

Me too, I never really had problems but already had a loss last week thanks to being kicked out the game and not being able to reconnect. Has happened once more that I was kicked out and had to reconnect this week as well, luckily I could and didn't get an auto loss that time.

Friend of mine had it as well a few times. Seems to be getting worse :/

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Maybe sometime this year possibly maybe kinda idk. Been talking on and off with KvH about a new team but I don't have much time this year because I'm working on my teaching credentials. So I'm a dirty casual right now who prefers to beat up on Tswiftx and Procarbine in inhouses. But I'd love to go semi-pro again eventually.

yeh hes pretty free

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How about getting into a ticketed Nel match for us to watch sometime?

fiore

Banned
What teaching are you getting into?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE

Hoping for diretide this week, I'm legit excited to see what new changes they've made to the mode.

I keep feeling that getting MS items on Sniper is way better than getting a Shadow Blade on him. He's one of my worst heroes (in terms of winrate over the minimum 5 matches at least).

And the MS stack has worked better for me than the typical Treads/Shadowblade build.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE

Hoping for diretide this week, I'm legit excited to see what new changes they've made to the mode.

Really hoping they remove the Etheral/Dagon on Rosh. Made it too boring.

Sibylus

Banned
What I'm hoping for are some of the alternate modes, maybe even a way to whip up a mode using a Squirrel script or the like.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE

I'm hoping they add in the mini bosses and the items that would replace runes that were single use version of abilities like hook and arrow that were scraped last year for time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I prefer phase onn both drow and sniper. They are kiters and treads are not the kiting boots.

If youre absolutely confident your team can keep the other guys off you then by all means.

shira

iRCNllmh57FYd.gif

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE

no CBSmatt clues, no tireride.

Pls.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

teach me your ways

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I too enjoy beating up procarbine and tswift in inhouses.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What do you do if the enemy takes Pugna, Natures Prophet and then Medusa? What stage of the game do you have then?

EDIT: Scratch that, the real question is "how do you stop a good Meepo player when Sand King isn't in the pool?"

Hylian7

I seem to have lost any Meepo mojo I ever had because now I just can't seem to do it.

Also, is there any way to know what does and doesn't affect the brewlings? I used poofs on them and they didn't take any damage from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom