• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

A bit late to the discussion but Phase Mjolinir MKB usually works out well when I play Sniper. I think a big advantage that Sniper has is the low graphical profile of his projectile which helps in delaying enemies' reaction to being shot at since they take a while to realize what is happening so items like Deso and Skadi with their own unique projectiles makes no sense on him.

shira

A bit late to the discussion but Phase Mjolinir MKB usually works out well when I play Sniper. I think a big advantage that Sniper has is the low graphical profile of his projectile which helps in delaying enemies' reaction to being shot at since they take a while to realize what is happening so items like Deso and Skadi with their own unique projectiles makes no sense on him.

casual MKB, what's the point if there is no evasion on the field

does mkb still replace sniper's headshot bashes?

I didn't know they had spell consumables for last year's diretide, that would be neat to see that. I don't imagine the changes will be too crazy to diretide since they are just trying to get it out the door whereas previously they didn't think enough people cared about it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Weaver, Dragon Knight, Axe, Skywrath...I know what this team needs!

Phantom Assassin!

That makes so much sense!

Phantom Assassin/Skywrath safelane. No stuns, but at least you got slows!
Axe in the Jungle!
Dragon Knight gonna mid.
And Weaver solo off lane.

Have Weaver and Dragon Knight gear up more for mid game, try to create space for the PA to keep farming, and win the game! Yay!

ElyrionX

casual MKB, what's the point if there is no evasion on the field

Disrupting attacks non-stop with mini-stuns from MKB and Headshot procs. Mjolnir and MKB attack speed boosts helps ensure that you get those procs. Plus MKB allows you to take towers from low ground, letting you stay behind the action.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Phantom Assassin/Skywrath safelane. No stuns, but at least you got slows!
Axe in the Jungle!
Dragon Knight gonna mid.
And Weaver solo off lane.

Have Weaver and Dragon Knight gear up more for mid game, try to create space for the PA to keep farming, and win the game! Yay!

Unfortunately that's not what happened. We sent Skywrath mid in hopes of slowing down Death Prophet (which he did, good on him) but PA basically said nothing besides "NO" and "THANK YOU" and "GG" all game and followed me down bot as Weaver where he basically took all the farm leading everyone to wonder why I had a 35 minute Linkens

The hilarious part being that PA didn't even have a Battlefury by 45 minutes. He had a Morbid Mask, Phase Boots and Perseverance

shira

Disrupting attacks non-stop with mini-stuns from MKB and Headshot procs. Mjolnir and MKB attack speed boosts helps ensure that you get those procs. Plus MKB allows you to take towers from low ground, letting you stay behind the action.

Do they keep the wiki updated? I never play sniper or mkb sniper
ibgDZ50JmoI4hH.png

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Monkey_King_Bar

idk that's worded funny - maybe u right . idk

That can't be accurate. I would have sworn one of the major benefits of MKB was to allow attacking uphill (particularly T3 towers) without a miss chance. (But it's a double negative in that sentence so it does allow it?)

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, are there any important / interesting matches the 15 or 16? I'm expecting twitch to be battered with all the streams from PS4s and wouldn't be surprised if the page is inaccessible

Karakand

Unfortunately that's not what happened. We sent Skywrath mid in hopes of slowing down Death Prophet (which he did, good on him) but PA basically said nothing besides "NO" and "THANK YOU" and "GG" all game and followed me down bot as Weaver where he basically took all the farm leading everyone to wonder why I had a 35 minute Linkens

The hilarious part being that PA didn't even have a Battlefury by 45 minutes. He had a Morbid Mask, Phase Boots and Perseverance

3,800 hero damage by PA.
KuGsj.gif

shira

Guys, are there any important / interesting matches the 15 or 16? I'm expecting twitch to be battered with all the streams from PS4s and wouldn't be surprised if the page is inaccessible

Nexon Fou matches, but dk vs A is on the 17th

I never tested this to be honest and I read that somewhere. I could be wrong.

Yeah I've heard casters say it, but idk wtf is true or not

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, True Strike doesn't stop uphill misses on towers, it did for a while but it wasn't supposed to and got patched out a few months ago.

Okay just tested with Prophet who can hit from the low ground (has enough range). You can, in fact, miss uphill on towers with MKB equipped. Doesn't feel like it should be that way, but that's how it is.

sixghost

After a series of bad Meepo games tonight (after a series of good ones lately), I come to Meepo-GAF with one question.

How to the Meepo-players of GAF deal with potentially getting counterpicked by most of the hero pool? I feel like I should be genuninely scared of so many heroes, and many of them rightfully so. Here's a list of the ones I think counter Meepo to some degree:

Earthshaker - Obvious reasons why

That's 43 heroes that I can think of that somewhat counter Meepo, or COMPLETELY counter him!

I guess this is why he doesn't get picked much in the pro scene, and even then only really N0Tail plays him.

Your criteria for countering Meepo seems to be anyone with an AoE stun, lots of AoE damage, lots of single target burst, or just about any ganker. No wonder the list is so long. AoE stun is a huge problem early on, but later on you just tank through whatever they throw at you if you're farming like you should.

Meepo crushes heroes that rely on AoE damage. As Meepo, you'd rather have all your guys get hit by a 500 damage aoe spell than get hit with laguna blade or something for 900 damage. I wont go through the list one by one, but Meepo is fine against QoP, fine against jugg, I have no idea why you think gyro is bad. everything he has gets spread out between all the meepos. Rubick, Jakiro, windrunner, puck? None of those heroes are that bad for him. If you're struggling with every hero on that list, you just aren't farming well enough. A good game on meepo means 650+ gold/min and level 25 by minute 30. Anything lower than that and you probably let the game get away from your earlier on by dying or being too passive.

Some of those heroes are problems, but you just need to adjust the way you play. Like artanisix said, if you're facing a mag or enigma, don't be the first one to jump in. Wait for the big initiation spells like RP, ice path, warlock ult, to get dropped, then poof in there and destroy everyone. With channeling heroes like pudge or enigma, just break it with net. If pudge hooks you, immediately poof everyone there and net immediately, channel broken and run the meepo that got hooked while the rest destroy pudge with nets and geostrike. If clinkz tries to gank you, poof every other meepo in and net him while running the weak one away.

The ones you should really be afraid of are Sven, Timber, and Elder Titan. I don't even think it's possible to fight a farmed Sven if he saves his stun for when you poof in. Timbersaw is virtually unkillable, and Elder Titan gets so much extra damage from your clones.

Meepo is a super hard carry, he just peaks earlier than most. So play like a carry and stop dying, farm, go kill towers, then show up when you need to. Meepo has huge spikes in effectiveness. You really shouldnt be fighting at all before scepter, then he gets really strong for a bit after that, then he gets another huge jump when you get blink, then another huge jump when you have skadi/aegis. The other team could be Timbersaw, magnus, enigma, earthshaker and lion, and it won't make a bit of difference if you're level 25 with aegis and a skadi 30 or 35 minutes into the game.

Anteo

Okay just tested with Prophet who can hit from the low ground (has enough range). You can, in fact, miss uphill on towers with MKB equipped. Doesn't feel like it should be that way, but that's how it is.

Dont see why it should work, MKB makes it so you nullify the enemy evasion, but you can still miss if somehow your acuracy goes down with Troll or Brewmaster spells.

I'm pretty sure in DotaCinema's Fail of the Week there was a Void missing inside Chronosphere because of Troll's miss chance, and we know Chronosphere nullifies evasion.

Hylian7

Your criteria for countering Meepo seems to be anyone with an AoE stun, lots of AoE damage, lots of single target burst, or just about any ganker. No wonder the list is so long. AoE stun is a huge problem early on, but later on you just tank through whatever they throw at you if you're farming like you should.

Meepo crushes heroes that rely on AoE damage. As Meepo, you'd rather have all your guys get hit by a 500 damage aoe spell than get hit with laguna blade or something for 900 damage. I wont go through the list one by one, but Meepo is fine against QoP, fine against jugg, I have no idea why you think gyro is bad. everything he has gets spread out between all the meepos. Rubick, Jakiro, windrunner, puck? None of those heroes are that bad for him. If you're struggling with every hero on that list, you just aren't farming well enough. A good game on meepo means 650+ gold/min and level 25 by minute 30. Anything lower than that and you probably let the game get away from your earlier on by dying or being too passive.

Some of those heroes are problems, but you just need to adjust the way you play. Like artanisix said, if you're facing a mag or enigma, don't be the first one to jump in. Wait for the big initiation spells like RP, ice path, warlock ult, to get dropped, then poof in there and destroy everyone. With channeling heroes like pudge or enigma, just break it with net. If pudge hooks you, immediately poof everyone there and net immediately, channel broken and run the meepo that got hooked while the rest destroy pudge with nets and geostrike. If clinkz tries to gank you, poof every other meepo in and net him while running the weak one away.

The ones you should really be afraid of are Sven, Timber, and Elder Titan. I don't even think it's possible to fight a farmed Sven if he saves his stun for when you poof in. Timbersaw is virtually unkillable, and Elder Titan gets so much extra damage from your clones.

Meepo is a super hard carry, he just peaks earlier than most. So play like a carry and stop dying, farm, go kill towers, then show up when you need to. Meepo has huge spikes in effectiveness. You really shouldnt be fighting at all before scepter, then he gets really strong for a bit after that, then he gets another huge jump when you get blink, then another huge jump when you have skadi/aegis. The other team could be Timbersaw, magnus, enigma, earthshaker and lion, and it won't make a bit of difference if you're level 25 with aegis and a skadi 30 or 35 minutes into the game.

Guess I am really being to aggressive then. How should I go about farming though? You can't really farm the jungle efficiently with only one Meepo, and the new Tranqs don't allow for that very well like they used to. Should you just keep them grouped until you get Aghas and go from there?

sixghost

Guess I am really being to aggressive then. How should I go about farming though? You can't really farm the jungle efficiently with only one Meepo, and the new Tranqs don't allow for that very well like they used to. Should you just keep them grouped until you get Aghas and go from there?

Tranqs are still fine on him, I'd say. I think the key with Meepo now is how you use the earlier clone. If you can dominate your lane with the second Meepo, keep him in lane and put lots of points into geostrike instead of poof, and one in net. If you have two meepos with level 3 geostrike and an orb of venom, you can get an easy kill if you land the net. If that's not possible because it's someone like Qop, just go gank or stack hard camps. Once you get to level 11, you should be using the first Meepo to farm near your team, and the other two to push other lanes or farm the jungle.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Team LiQuid! making me so proud. They've been playing so damn well lately.

Gritesh

The community and the match making system has completely destroyed any shred of fun I have had playing this game.

It's downright painful to play at this point.

Time to move on I suppose.

Artanisix

You ever have those games where it doesn't matter if you win or lose? Where you can confidently say this is why you play Dota? Those games where you never quite feel in control, where you flip-flop between winning and losing fights, where you and your team are playing out of your goddamn mind and that doesn't always feel like it's good enough? And when the game finally ends, win or lose, you're just like, holy shit, I almost don't regret playing Dota instead of ordering that delicious Domino's carryout large 2-topping pizza for only $5.99 what a fuckin' deal.

Just had one of those games.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Drats, how can I make the joke "you only say that because you lost" if you win!

Its instresting how nether side really has any major "late game", Jugg is the character that scales the best and he doesn't do it that well.

Also, I nominate AwfulWaffLE for the Gaf Maelk Award!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
You ever have those games where it doesn't matter if you win or lose? Where you can confidently say this is why you play Dota? Those games where you never quite feel in control, where you flip-flop between winning and losing fights, where you and your team are playing out of your goddamn mind and that doesn't always feel like it's good enough? And when the game finally ends, win or lose, you're just like, holy shit, I almost don't regret playing Dota instead of ordering that delicious Domino's carryout large 2-topping pizza for only $5.99 what a fuckin' deal.

Just had one of those games.
Ye.
Recently was my Silencer game where it was like 52-52 and we won 56-57 thanks to me buying BoT on respawn, pushing with the other 2 who got BoT down mid into their Ancient and popping my Ult as soon as it went off CD and they had 2 people respawning in 3 seconds.
Force Staff and Atos saves and baits for most of the match, a late hex to counter their carry, sold FS to get BoTs on respawn.

*Did you kill SkyWrath with his own Aghs Ult? Telekeinsis, EB, Aghs Ult 4eva

Kreunt

Banned
I know this shit gets said a lot but, I've been enjoying solo dota a lot more since I turned off AP.

Gonna continue break my winning streak tonight
up6wpAZ.jpg

How long will it continue?

shira

I know this shit gets said a lot but, I've been enjoying solo dota a lot more since I turned off AP.

Gonna continue break my winning streak tonight
up6wpAZ.jpg

How long will it continue?

You__re_Already_Bread_by_Drbuffalo.jpg

You are already bread.

www.beyondthesummit.tv
DK vs Adidas - eziest 50 commons of my lyfe!!!
C'mon WPC-A, mama needs a new Scythe.
Price down to $250 zzz

Holy shit Outworld Devourer is hilarious to play. Does he have any major weaknesses? I was up against a lifestealer and a lycan with bkb but I still did okay since I had force staff and they both die really hard to my ult. Not worrying ever about mana is pretty nice.

Hylian7

Holy shit Outworld Devourer is hilarious to play. Does he have any major weaknesses? I was up against a lifestealer and a lycan with bkb but I still did okay since I had force staff and they both die really hard to my ult. Not worrying ever about mana is pretty nice.

Nyx_Assassin.png

NYXNYXNYXNYXNYXNYXNYXNYXNYX!

Also he's very vulnerable to early ganks as he has no escape other than trying to dodge stuff with his Astral Imprisonment, and even then that's iffy depending on what is after you.

ElyrionX

Well, I'd say dying the moment someone so much as sneezes in his direction is a pretty big weakness.

ViviOggi

Razor on lane and generally high dps heroes with magic immunity. Honestly if you aren't fed to disgusting levels Naix and Lycan in particular should have a field day with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom