• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Doing some digging, here is a bit on how the scrolls work. The two main types are the Ploy morph types, which take a bunch of items of a rarity and make a new one, and the Augment type, which takes some random and some specific items of a rarity to make a higher rarity one.

Polymorph items take 2 to 4 random items of a rarity, and give a new item of a rarity. Odd for amount are 2-40%, 3-50%, 4-10%; Mythical has different odds at 2-20%, 3-60%, 4-20%.

Augments require both random items of a rarity, and specific items. Number of items and odd are as follows.

Common: 3 to 6 items. 3-20%, 4-40%, 5-25%, 6-15%. First two are random commons, rest specific.
Uncommon: 4 to 7 items. 4-10%, 5-40%, 6-20%, 7-30%. First three are random uncommons, rest specific.
Rare: 7 to 9 items. 7-10%, 8-40%, 9-50%. First 4 are random rares, rest are specific rares.

Craft Exceptional Item, the one to make items that were only genuine before, requires 5 mythicals, 2 random mythical, 3 specific ones.

And here are other recipes. To drive the point home, these also all require a recipe too, you can't just craft them.

To make an Artificer's Hammer, you need 2 random commons, 1 random uncommon, and there is a 50% chance of needing a specific common.

To make an "Unusual Artificers Hammer" (I don't really know what is unusual about it), takes 1 normal Artificers Hammer, and 2 to 4 random rares. Odd for rares are 2-25%, 3-50%, 4-25%.

To make an Artificer's Chisel, you need 2 random common, and 1 to 2 random uncommon (50% chance to need 2)

I want to say I am misreading this one, but I think I am reading it right. To make an Artificer's Brand, you need 100 specific commons, 75 specific uncommon, 50 specific rares, 10 specific mythical, and 3 specific Legendaries. Wow. I think this is the item to make any courier unusual, but god damn thats expensive.

For diretide, there is the Materialize Item recipes. There is a normal and cursed version, it give a random item of upto mythical quality, cursed starts at uncommon. Normal takes just take a Wex, Quas, Exort. Cursed takes a Wex, Quas, Exort, and a Shadow Essence.

Finally, there is Hallow Jack, a courier I think. It requires 1 "Diretide 2013" item, and 1 cursed item.

SaberVulcan

So next up looks like Oracle, Pit Lord, Legion Commander and whoever the Wraith King is.

4 hero Frostivus update?

Maybe Wraith King is the new Frostivus boss? I cant imagine anything still not released needs to be renamed. Either way, hopefully Tresdin makes it in soon, been teasing us with her for a while now and I want to duel people.

Edit:
Ember calls Terrorblade a "Foul Wraith"

Yea... Wraith King = Terrorblade is looking very likely.

Nooo why. Terrorblade is a cool name :(.

Kreunt

Banned
and is it a good idea to put all 3 in the middle of a team fight for loads of explosions?

probably not, they don't do a whole lot of damage and are mostly useful for mobility.
the 35 second replenish time makes them feel kinda precious, so you don't really want to waste them just for the sake of a little bit of magic damage.

traveler

Not Wario
Maybe Wraith King is the new Frostivus boss? I cant imagine anything still not released needs to be renamed. Either way, hopefully Tresdin makes it in soon, been teasing us with her for a while now and I want to duel people.

Edit:

Nooo why. Terrorblade is a cool name :(.

Maybe Wraith King is a replacement for Soul Keeper rather than Terrorblade? I dunno- is there any Blizzard association with either Soul Keeper or Terrorblade?

rugioh

Banned
Every single game, I get matched with fucking idiots. Makes enjoying the game nigh impossible... I shouldn't need to form a stack to enjoy the game :/

edit: I mean just look at all this red... http://dotabuff.com/players/8920197/matches ugh

1. stop playing AP
2. this sounds crazy but if you have solo mm toggled try turning it off, you get some better quality matches in SD/RD/LP. For reference I was on a 9 loss streak this past weekend in solo mm, and since I turned it off I've been on a 7 game win streak

http://dotabuff.com/players/4228030

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Doing some digging, here is a bit on how the scrolls work. The two main types are the Ploy morph types, which take a bunch of items of a rarity and make a new one, and the Augment type, which takes some random and some specific items of a rarity to make a higher rarity one.

Polymorph items take 2 to 4 random items of a rarity, and give a new item of a rarity. Odd for amount are 2-40%, 3-50%, 4-10%; Mythical has different odds at 2-20%, 3-60%, 4-20%.

Augments require both random items of a rarity, and specific items. Number of items and odd are as follows.

Common: 3 to 6 items. 3-20%, 4-40%, 5-25%, 6-15%. First two are random commons, rest specific.
Uncommon: 4 to 7 items. 4-10%, 5-40%, 6-20%, 7-30%. First three are random uncommons, rest specific.
Rare: 7 to 9 items. 7-10%, 8-40%, 9-50%. First 4 are random rares, rest are specific rares.

So really this is an evolution of the old "delete item" system, as you are never really guaranteed to get anything when crafting. Seems a bit frustrating to me.

traveler

Not Wario
Haha, Ember drops all his candy when using Remnants.

I wonder if Brood loses them when she goes invis, Prophet when he teleports, etc.

I hope so. Would go a long ways towards balancing some of the more gross imbalances of the mode, even if it is just a fun distraction. Ogre Magi, the true Diretide champion, continues his rise to power!

To alleviate some fears of burning crystal maidens and vermin infested ogre magi, it seems (according to the dev forums) that unusual gems can only be used on couriers.

Also what was thought to be the coin effect from that one sword is actually the Golden Baby Roshan/Golden Greevil effect, which you can remove and add to something else.

ViviOggi

I hope so. Would go a long ways towards balancing some of the more gross imbalances of the mode, even if it is just a fun distraction. Ogre Magi, the true Diretide champion, continues his rise to power!

Dude, Earth Spirit is totally going to out-champion Ogre Magi.

shira

I want to say I am misreading this one, but I think I am reading it right. To make an Artificer's Brand, you need 100 specific commons, 75 specific uncommon, 50 specific rares, 10 specific mythical, and 3 specific Legendaries. Wow. I think this is the item to make any courier unusual, but god damn thats expensive.

I think that Artificer's Brand people will offer their services for a price - we should pool our stuff and get one for Dreams or something.

Huh, Earth Spirit has a line for buying Aghs but I don't think his ult is upgraded by Aghs?

Yet?

I believe every/most character do have that recorded

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No gaming thread for the update? Pretty big deal, 2 new heroes, loads of changes, probably should have a thread?

Why not wait until the patch at least goes live.

Also, the Artificer's Brand is just the tool to make an unusual courier, you still need the damn gems too. The item is rated Ancient though. Also, it looks like the "100 commons" and such will all be the same common, and not 100 different ones.

I think almost all heroes have responses for buying a scepter (and blink dagger as well?). That's either because they plan to give everyone an upgrade one day or just for flavour.

traveler

Not Wario
Speaking of which, blink dagger seems like it'd have a myraid of uses on Earth Spirit. Going to be interesting to develop an item build for him.

KwDLqtX.jpg
Hmm...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Diretide is real dumb. Also fuck Furion in that mode.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Earth Spirit doesn't seem very popular. Ember and Storm have 100% pick rate in all the Diretide games I've played so far and I haven't seen Earth in a few.

I've tried him in another bot match and his skills are still nonsense to me. His ultimate in particular. It seems like it's totally useless unless the enemy is dumb enough to fight in a big pile of remnants.

Dec

The posts last week about this patch being delayed for Diretide and testing meaning it will come out in a month+ because it's Valve are a little funny now.

traveler

Not Wario
Earth Spirit doesn't seem very popular. Ember and Storm have 100% pick rate in all the Diretide games I've played so far and I haven't seen Earth in a few.

I've tried him in another bot match and his skills are still nonsense to me. His ultimate in particular. It seems like it's totally useless unless the enemy is dumb enough to fight in a big pile of remnants.

His ult looks like the weakest skill in his pool, but you can drop all 6 remnants at once on them as you deploy. Seems like you'd have better uses for those, granted, but you can force the ult if you wish.

Skab

The posts last week about this patch being delayed for Diretide and testing meaning it will come out in a month+ because it's Valve are a little funny now.

Says the 14th on the update site, SO TAKE YOUR SNARK ELSEWHERE SIR.

Something will go wrong.

Earth Spirit is so much fun to play. His abilities would be amazing in lane if he did not run out of mana so quickly. I would pair him with KOTL for the ultimate rock spam.

LiQuid!

His ult looks like the weakest skill in his pool, but you can drop all 6 remnants at once on them as you deploy. Seems like you'd have better uses for those, granted, but you can force the ult if you wish.

Ok I just watched a WC3 Dota video on him and you can drop remnants on enemies while the ult damage is still ticking on them to just refresh it. So basically you can roll into a group of enemies, ult and THEN start dropping remnants to enhance the damage. I think I'm getting the idea, now I just need to use him more. He seems so fun but I'm SO stupid and bad at Dota!!

Hmmm, just realized I can craft a War Dog with the Lotus effect now rather than hope to acquire one of the few out there. Would still have to get a lotus gem though which will still probably cost quite a bit, but it will probably be cheaper than it would have been.

And you can make lotus Shagbarks! And whatever else you can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom