• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, I didn't realize that when the stones trigger on his ultimate they recast it in a 600 AOE to hit any other enemies as well

This has the potential to be really really sick

If only the damage wasn't absolute shit. (Veil on him might be good.)

Earth Spirit is probably the highest skill cap hero in the game now though.

I should stop reading playdota, but some people there think Xin is broken:

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1381068

There's probably a better discussion than that one, it was the first that came up. The idea is to stack damage and cleave and just fight using sleight of fist from max range and use remnants to escape. I'm not sure how SoF works, I think he hits everyone in the original AoE once and the attacks are 0.2 seconds apart. So when everyone is grouped up with creeps or illusions the SoF lasts for a long time and the cleaves end up killing everyone. Sounds kind of neat anyway.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hmmm, just realized I can craft a War Dog with the Lotus effect now rather than hope to acquire one of the few out there. Would still have to get a lotus gem though which will still probably cost quite a bit, but it will probably be cheaper than it would have been.

And you can make lotus Shagbarks! And whatever else you can think of.

Wonder if that dude that just dropped half a kabillion dollars on one of those OG couriers is somad at the moment.

BraXzy

Just downloaded the test client. Diretide seems fun. Did pretty badly though, I was trying out Earth spirit at the same time and was getting owned haha!

They had puck and storm who were just impossible to stop. The rosh fight at the end was fun, what's the best way to kill him?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Diretide is the greatest.

Maybe it will be fun once I get my regular group together for it but with the random groups of Russians in pubs it's the worst.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so can anybody besides earth spirit interact with the remnants?

They don't have collision, right?

traveler

Not Wario
Going to be some amazing top 10s with es. This guy has a huge skill cap. All skill shots with tons of applications for each skill.

Nope and nope. I think they can see them though.

There's probably a better discussion than that one, it was the first that came up. The idea is to stack damage and cleave and just fight using sleight of fist from max range and use remnants to escape. I'm not sure how SoF works, I think he hits everyone in the original AoE once and the attacks are 0.2 seconds apart. So when everyone is grouped up with creeps or illusions the SoF lasts for a long time and the cleaves end up killing everyone. Sounds kind of neat anyway.
LgQgPs7.gif

can't wait to get home and try them out.

I thought xin sucked but I played him against AI on dota 1 map, and I'm like 100x worst playing vanilla dota.

Dahbomb

I don't know about highest cap in the game but Earth Spirit is definitely a hard hero to play effectively especially if you haven't played him much before.

Rubick can interact with Earth Spirit's remnants if he steals one of his spells. Can do some really crazy things.

And Earth Smash kick + Rupture:

Denzel-Boom.gif

Dead hero, pretty much no matter who you are. Travels WAYYY further than force staff. That'll definitely be a fun gimmick combo.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Rubick can interact with Earth Spirit's remnants if he steals one of his spells. Can do some really crazy things.
I was mostly wondering if they count as units to be tossed by Tiny and things like that.

And Earth Smash kick + Rupture:

Denzel-Boom.gif

Dead hero, pretty much no matter who you are. Travels WAYYY further than force staff. That'll definitely be a fun gimmick combo.

oh god

D:

LiQuid!

I played enough of the Diretide to obtain and complete a recipe (which required one each of the quas/wex/exort essences) and got a common Naga sword. Not going to play anymore of it on test because I want to wait until it goes live to get hats for real. Is there any way to get hats off the test client?

Can't wait to socket the Jugg sword I use. I was considering shelling out the few bucks to get a strange one before and now I'm glad I didn't because I can just customize the one I got now. Can't wait to see what kinda weird stuff I can stick on there. Does anybody know if gems will be able to be unsocketed or will the item be permanent once it has all 5 slots filled in?

Ketch

Sounds like it would work pretty good vs Mass necro book, Chen, Visage, and Nature's prophet then... which are all kind of popular right now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Then you may or may not even end up getting the thing the recipe is for? If it's the basic recipe types
Most recipes, unless they say "gives x" will just give a random item of a rarity. The dire tide recipes give a random item once you craft it of almost any rarity.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Mu
Most recipes, unless they say "gives x" will just give a random item of a rarity. The dire tide recipes give a random item one you craft them of almost any rarity.

What was all the stuff about percent chances in your post earlier then?

Razzer

So I just tried Ember Spirit in the test client. He's very fun, although I know I was playing him wrong. Figured I would max sleight of fist first as it was good for harassing and I went mid. I got a bottle but realized that he actually doesn't need that much mana so I wonder if that is even necessary. His stun thingy is pretty good for skirmishes but requires you to get close from what I saw and as you go back to your original position after sleight you can't just use that to go in. Ult could be very useful but you clearly have to be smart about it as it doesn't last very long. Probably set one up in your lane then go gank, then teleport back after gank is finished. And other uses I'm sure. I got phase and drums then stacjed battlefuries. Worked well.

I won't even try Earth Spirit yet haha, he seems hella trippy, going on my 'play when you get good' list. All the other changes are very welcome, and new Storm is awesome. Now bring on Custom game modes in the next big patch!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What was all the stuff about percent chances in your post earlier then?
Some recipes will randomly take more items then others. Like one guy could get a recipe to turn 2 rares into a new rare, another could get one that needs 4 rares though. The percents are the odds for how many items a specific recipe that drops will need.

Sibylus

Banned
Sounds like it would work pretty good vs Mass necro book, Chen, Visage, and Nature's prophet then... which are all kind of popular right now.
Legion Commander also will have a fair bit of utility against mass necro/summons lineups with her nuke (probably should stack str against the necros though, LOL).

JambiBum

So I just tried Ember Spirit in the test client. He's very fun, although I know I was playing him wrong. Figured I would max sleight of fist first as it was good for harassing and I went mid. I got a bottle but realized that he actually doesn't need that much mana so I wonder if that is even necessary. His stun thingy is pretty good for skirmishes but requires you to get close from what I saw and as you go back to your original position after sleight you can't just use that to go in. Ult could be very useful but you clearly have to be smart about it as it doesn't last very long. Probably set one up in your lane then go gank, then teleport back after gank is finished. And other uses I'm sure. I got phase and drums then stacjed battlefuries. Worked well.

I won't even try Earth Spirit yet haha, he seems hella trippy, going on my 'play when you get good' list. All the other changes are very welcome, and new Storm is awesome. Now bring on Custom game modes in the next big patch!

While you are using Sleight, hit Q during the middle your attacks and it will lock down anyone within the AoE. You can also use the remnants to help initiate and escape.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

He's been nerfed around 15 times since he was released. Let's see him in dota 2 before passing judgement.

edit: sorry for the double post, dumb phone.

Razzer

While you are using Sleight, hit Q during the middle your attacks and it will lock down anyone within the AoE. You can also use the remnants to help initiate and escape.

You can use abilities during sleight?!! That makes so much more sense haha, thanks. Makes initiation easier at least. And yeah, I never found how far away you could send the remnants when you cast them but if it's pretty far I guess you could just send on into the enemy team and teleport to it before casting your shit. Might be quite risky if your team isn't there to back you up though.

You can actually send the Ember remnants pretty far. Have to think about positioning sort of like it's an ET spirit. Like a weird hybrid between that and a Morph replicate.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Some recipes will randomly take more items then others. Like one guy could get a recipe to turn 2 rares into a new rare, another could get one that needs 4 rares though. The percents are the odds for how many items a specific recipe that drops will need.

OK, that's way better than my original interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom