• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
After some playing- Ember is every bit as fun as I remember. Such a mobile and fun carry. My favorite in the game.

Earth is also as good as I was expecting although he's actually harder to play than I was thinking, which is impressive given I was already expecting some difficulty. I can't imagine live players will let me land the stuff the bots we're just getting hit by either.

still not colorblind mode comparison?

disappoint

Edit: oooo i found some: http://imgur.com/a/4mggp

Oh thank god. This is the best patch.

I'll try that but this is something i've seen increasing over the last few patches. Last game I played invoker and every third or fourth attack was invisible, same for towers and some spells -_-

I was playing with a Qop of pain on my team who was complaining about this. Has not happened to me yet but I've now heard several people complain about it so it must be somewhat common.

im glad i decided to sell my purple paint for 322 (hue) sometime ago. it's probably worth like 10 usd now. guy who bought it must feel bad

either way i like how the big update was 2 heroes and basically more hats. good thing i realized where this train was headed a while ago, or i'd be disappointed. at the same time, they're lowering the profits of the traders, which is always nice since they're almost always terrible people, so at least it's for a good cause this time

Other Diretide changes
- Brood's web passive is entirely turned off while holding candy
- The candy bucket does nothing when attacked by summoned units

Brood and Enigma are garbage in Diretide now

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
But enigma allows you to get to round 184 of roshan!

Also, normal crafting scroll can give any item, diretide ones can only give items in the drop pool.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
On the note of Legacy color value getting nuked:

I think this will hurt the top end Ethereal Flame ones that were selling for monster value, but for those like mine I could see it marginally helping. An otherwise desirable color "trapped" in an undesirable effect can now be moved into anything you want, be it courier or effect. I know they said they will be adding more, possibly similar colors in the future, but with no timeframe I think this initial scare will recover in a shortish amount of time. Thoughts? I felt so special when valve said there are only ~800 colors

pink legacy ethereal flame badger

He was just about to make the trade next week lol

LOL.

I'm gonna make me one of those and a pink EF wardog today. :D

I think this will hurt the top end Ethereal Flame ones that were selling for monster value, but for those like mine I could see it marginally helping. An otherwise desirable color "trapped" in an undesirable effect can now be moved into anything you want, be it courier or effect. I know they said they will be adding more, possibly similar colors in the future, but with no timeframe I think this initial scare will recover in a shortish amount of time. Thoughts? I felt so special when valve said there are only ~800 colors

yes, I agree.

I have pink trapped on a Felicity's Badger. You can't see the pink on it at all and it's very disappointing. But now I can take it off of that courier and put it on a cheap EF dog or whatever the hell else I like and make it purdy.

So with Ember, I can place a remnant where I currently am, tp to another lane to gank or whatever, then ulti back to my first remnant?

Hmm.

try it and let us know?

RS4-

So with Ember, I can place a remnant where I currently am, tp to another lane to gank or whatever, then ulti back to my first remnant?

Hmm.

Some people on the trading sub reddit were saying the way the math would work out (how much the effects would end up costing potentially) that the really high stuff really wouldn't lose value as it was never the fact that it was a frog or whatever was the desirable part, but the fact that it was on fire with pink flames, and now that effect (and color) will just be worth that much money. Now when they do add more colors and effects we can see if some of the rarer ones decrease in value just due to choices, but before then I'd be amazed if stuff fell really hard.

It will definitely get shook up in the short term as any change will do that in this goofy ass all digital hat market. Just locking the items out of the community market would have done something like that even if nothing happened and they just opened it up again with no changes.

Hmm.
Yes. He's awesome. As long as you do it within 45 seconds though.

Also you destroy all trees on your way.

Can't wait to just be minding my own business in mid lane and constantly see ember spirit flashing across my screen, zooming over all over the lanes.

Razzer

Hmm.

Yep. Or if you are in the hard carry role for the game you can put one in lane, go farm jungle then ult back without losing a creep.

RS4-

try it and let us know?

I stopped updating the test client a while ago when I was having some hdd space issues.

Yes. He's awesome. As long as you do it within 45 seconds though.

Also you destroy all trees on your way.

Can't wait to just be minding my own business in mid lane and constantly see ember spirit flashing across my screen, zooming over all over the lanes.

Yep. Or if you are in the hard carry role for the game you can put one in lane, go farm jungle then ult back without losing a creep.

Ah thanks, can't wait to try and see the new heroes in game.

BeesEight

Holy shit. How do you deal with this if you're facing against him?

Presumably the same way you'd deal with a Morphling - proper stun locking and map pressure to reduce the places where he can farm safely.

It will be interesting, though, if Ember is saving his ultimate for an escape does that not reduce a fair chunk of his potential damage? I'm really curious to see these two new heroes in play.

Razzer

Holy shit. How do you deal with this if you're facing against him?

If trying to kill him, stunlock him like you would puck. As for the skill itself, there is only 45 second duration for each remnant at max level I think. So If you aren't extremely efficient it won' be long enough to be broken.

Razzer

Presumably the same way you'd deal with a Morphling - proper stun locking and map pressure to reduce the places where he can farm safely.

It will be interesting, though, if Ember is saving his ultimate for an escape does that not reduce a fair chunk of his potential damage? I'm really curious to see these two new heroes in play.

In the small amount of time I have spent with him he seemed suited to longer fights as he can spam sleight of fist a lot. With lots of cleave that shit hurts man. The ult is really not that important in terms of damage, its all about the positioning as this allows you to get good chains. Also his shield acts like a radiance so the longer you are around the enemy the better. Need more time to experiment though.

Edit: To those who played him in Dota 1, what skill build do you go him? I think that maxing W then Q seems to be best from what I can tell. Pick up a point in ult at 6 then leave until the rest is maxed. And items is get some tank to keep you alive then get battlefuries and attack speed.

Granted I haven't played him, but it's like 200 magic damage (at lvl 3). At a certain point in the game I'd imagine you're solely using the spirits for mobility. If you have a spirit somewhere else on the map you have to go through that before you go through the one you might want to initiate with so worse case scenario it would make your going in over a second (1.2 if you have three spread all over the map) longer than you want it to be which could really mess some stuff up.

That could be the trade off there.

I'll try it for you now.

Here: http://youtu.be/7Y8SM451Wc8?t=2m6s

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

collect that $1000, pass go pro

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
LOL.

I'm gonna make me one of those and a pink EF wardog today. :D
yes, I agree.

I have pink trapped on a Felicity's Badger. You can't see the pink on it at all and it's very disappointing. But now I can take it off of that courier and put it on a cheap EF dog or whatever the hell else I like and make it purdy.

It's still fetching for 500 dollars right now, but that's a far cry from the 15k he was offered.

Still I kind of feel bad for that one guy on reddit who payed 38k for a pink EF courier last week

Lol don't have to go out of your way to do that!

How do you guys reliably deal with ET? Last two games I played against him were miserable.

too late!

yes, it works. you can tp somewhere, then basically insta-dash across the map to your remnant. :O

after you cast a remnant, you can dash to it from anywhere no the map for up to 45 seconds. The remnant disappears after 45 seconds. It can very much be used like Morphling's ult. Wow, it's too good. Cast a remnant in a safe place near a lane --> farm the jungle --> recall to your remnant and farm the lane without missing a beat. Ridiculous.

Kard8p3

Downloading now.

iXhUg1p9yjAJL.gif

Sothpaw

My account has been flagged as disruptive? Cute gabe.

Now can you do something useful and flag my account as English speakers only please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom