• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
According to the Trine annoucer, Anti-Mage likes tea.

Also, only like 7 hours till I can play. Yay for obligations made 2 hours before the test patch hit.

BeesEight

Granted I haven't played him, but it's like 200 magic damage (at lvl 3). At a certain point in the game I'd imagine you're solely using the spirits for mobility. If you have a spirit somewhere else on the map you have to go through that before you go through the one you might want to initiate with so worse case scenario it would make your going in over a second (1.2 if you have three spread all over the map) longer than you want it to be which could really mess some stuff up.

That could be the trade off there.

I thought its damage was per remnant that exploded? I could be wrong, haven't played him. From reading his skills it seemed to me like the best way to get kills at six would be to place remnants behind your target, go aggressive and chain them then pop three remnants if they retreat for a final 300 damage burst. You would also be in range for a final auto attack or two if he need that last little bit of damage.

I agree that the damage probably falls off eventually, but if he's just hard farming then he's probably not having as much impact on early-mid engagements. So if those spirits are placed for escape and he wants to get in some damage then he's setup in a less optimal position.

But who knows? Would kind of like to take a look at him this evening if I get some time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh, that does remind me of a musing I wanted to do, with 6.79 usually having hidden quests, I wonder if there is more to this patch then just Diretide and the spirits.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can I rip out the strangeness from one of my Sven swords I never use and add it to my Abaddon mace I use all the time?

You can smash the sword for $.99, then buy anther $.99 tool to put in the the Abby mace.

Or you can get the rare 'Unusual' Hammer, which can take the gems out of items without breaking the item. All you have to do is find a scroll case, open it up with a key, repeat until you find the right recipe, and then track down the items listed on the recipe you found. Simple really.

Inventories will likely be down for a bit, they have to convert every damn item to the new format. All the cosmetic hero items have to be marked as being able to have gems, old strange items and unusuals have to be converted to have the right gems, strange mods and paints colors need to be converted to gems. Ect ect.

TLDR: Your inventory is dead because the network is drowing in bling.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so I didn't start playing Dota until earlier this year

wtf is diretide, really? I mean from a gameplay standpoint

You can smash the sword for $.99, then buy anther $.99 tool to put in the the Abby mace.

Or you can get the rare 'Unusual' Hammer, which can take the gems out of items without breaking the item. All you have to do is find a scroll case, open it up with a key, repeat until you find the right recipe, and then track down the items listed on the recipe you found. Simple really.

2 dollars, pfft, I guess I'll have that Abbs strange :D

Anyway, as a compromise to the legacy courier owners, they've all be upgraded to "Legacy" quality, which will never be used again. It's removed forever if you add another socket to it or try to remove the legacy socket.

shitty capture the flag
I thought its damage was per remnant that exploded? I could be wrong, haven't played him. From reading his skills it seemed to me like the best way to get kills at six would be to place remnants behind your target, go aggressive and chain them then pop three remnants if they retreat for a final 300 damage burst. You would also be in range for a final auto attack or two if he need that last little bit of damage.

I agree that the damage probably falls off eventually, but if he's just hard farming then he's probably not having as much impact on early-mid engagements. So if those spirits are placed for escape and he wants to get in some damage then he's setup in a less optimal position.

But who knows? Would kind of like to take a look at him this evening if I get some time.
Yeah I bet they're pretty good in the early game, for both chasing and initiating and just nuking.

I was thinking mostly late game I guess.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are inventories back up? Because the scheme also listed a sensonal gift, but I haven't seen anyone say they got it.

In the lane there are mini roshans that drop candy, grab candy and you have less hp. Put the candy in your jar and everyone gets gold and experience.

You can also grab enemy from the enemy by punching their jar and bring the candy to yours.

Halfway through the game Roshan will target someone and beat the person, give it a candy to make it stop. You can also give candy to Roshan for someone else.

After that is done everyone groups up against a fight against Roshan.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
thats a big hit on the strange items market specially the natures prophet one.

Yeah, but the old strange mods will likely be worth even more now, and it will raise up the price of junk stranges, since people will just scrap them for mods.

I wonder if you can put gems on Wards. Would really like to put a wards place gem on a ward.

Kaolin/Earth spirit seems like a really good team fight controller. Can't wait till the pros get some time to start playing as him cause at the moment he seems really good, will probably be nerfed before entering CM though.
Now, it might be worth getting the unusual effect off one of my greevils and putting it onto a different courier now.

*Anteo - wasn't he added as new hero in 6.78 so has not been in CM mode yet?

Anteo

Kaolin seems like a really good team fight controller. Can't wait till the pros get some time to start playing as him cause at the moment he seems really good, will probably be nerfed before entering CM though.
Now, it might be worth getting the unusual effect off one of my greevils and putting it onto a different courier now.

He has been in dota 1 cm for a long time. dont see why they would nerf it after it joins dota 2

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
He has been in dota 1 cm for a long time. dont see why they would nerf it after it joins dota 2
Because people haven't been paying enough attention to him. Plenty of dota heroes get added that people don't think are that great but turn out to be good or even overpowered

Matt confirmed on stream, network back Monday

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom