• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucy_XL

Banned
How accurate are the dota wikis gamepedia and liquipedia ?

I ask because there are so many discrepancies between DOTA 1 mechanics and DOTA 2. When it comes to DOTA 2 mechanics, should I trust these over guides on Playdota, which are written for DOTA 1?

An example is Venomancer's Poison sting. Both the gamepedia and liquipedia wiki's state at as doing magical damage, while the Playdota damage type guide lists it as Enhanced, meaning it would go through magic immunity.

There are many other examples, such as Echo Slam being listed as Universal on DOTA 2 wikis and enhanced on DOTA 1 guides. There are more discrepancies outside of damage types too. Which do you go off of?

shira

Started watching some D2L, but it was almost all Ayasee and little to no Mirlini, even during "analysis" parts of the cast. I think these two needed some trial casts together to get used to each other before going live for the tournament. Looking forward to the DK match though, they've been on fire.

they have casted together before,
it's like AC, AC, AC, AC says: Merlini analyze this/tell me/break this down, AC, AC, AC

DK game is way to late, i think i might the ticket is the audio going to be fucked up ingame?

of course

ydukgLp.jpg

The thing I hate though that even if you are owning and killing it's most likely not because you're good but because the other team is bad. DOTA for life. (I'm AMG btw)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Biggest difference in playstyle between NEL and my pubs, the people in NEL will try to do as much damage as possible when they know they are going to die, where in most of my games people will just run away as long as possible.

Duesy

Biggest difference in playstyle between NEL and my pubs, the people in NEL will try to do as much damage as possible when they know they are going to die, where in most of my games people will just run away as long as possible.

People are prone to panic in situations like this and are unable to realize that they are going to die. Best to do what you can instead of running away in futility.

Boken

Banned
are you the one that sounds prepubescent?

"guiz guisss ive watched these guys play guys we should ban elduhr titunnn"

i should get on mumble next time i play with my dota homies

i bet 109 sounds super cool

BeesEight

Poor guys think Gaf is stream sniping.

They're just really out of their league. I mean, the Skywrath just died near the top DD rune from a roaming gyro/alch pair and the Chen, Lifestealer and Skywrath didn't even try playing safe.

Team comp isn't helping either. There's no good lane support for Dire and their only hard stun is a skillshot Mirana arrow so they have no answer for the roaming supports.

Kard8p3

Poor guys think Gaf is stream sniping.

They're just really out of their league. I mean, the Skywrath just died near the top DD rune from a roaming gyro/alch pair and the Chen, Lifestealer and Skywrath didn't even try playing safe.

Team comp isn't helping either. There's no good lane support for Dire and their only hard stun is a skillshot Mirana arrow so they have no answer for the roaming supports.

No, I keep telling them they aren't streaming sniping..They are just too good, lol.

Well, until today i had never heard about creep stalling with Earthshaker until a couple of hours ago (we've each got about 20-30 wins each on our team so we're fairly new), when a horde of creeps were unleashed upon us as soon as the first catapult spawned.

I cannot believe it's considered a valid tactic. It's such a shitty way for a team to win.

BeesEight

No, I keep telling them they aren't streaming sniping..They are just too good, lol.

Hah, tell your team to get some wards up! You only had one placed at the start!

Also beware that they love running heroes in less popular positions. I think the early gyro/alch threw the drafting for a loop since you guys were expecting them to be farming. They love being unpredictable.

Well, until today i had never heard about creep stalling with Earthshaker until a couple of hours ago (we've each got about 20-30 wins each on our team so we're fairly new), when a horde of creeps were unleashed upon us as soon as the first catapult spawned.

I cannot believe it's considered a valid tactic. It's such a shitty way for a team to win.
The Earthshaker gets no levels and it can backfire in a big way. Tongfu tried it and it was an absolute disaster... Of course, they were laning against a Dark Seer, so it was pretty silly to even attempt it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-kct9v2HIA

If the other team has any sort of wave clearing ability, it's just free gold.

Kard8p3

Thanks for playing GAF, I love you, even though I suck at this game lol.

Sorry some of those guys thought you were sniping, you are just 2 stronk 4 me.

I'm going to practice my ass off with Puck though.

Yeah, I really liked the stream.

Wouldn't mind if Kard8p3 mentioned more whenever he and his friends are on.

Thanks, I will :) No more scrims for a while though lol.

And yeah, he works in production stuff in LA. I think he worked on the james franco roast, so he knows what he is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom