• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

This is all that matters. HAIL TO THE KING BABY

brood + lycan strats inc

People have been whining about roshan dire adv. for a long time and it hasn't changed. Truth is I think radiant has something like a 51% vs 49% winrate and radiant has some other advantages over dire (notice that navi always requests radiant). I think it's pretty cool that both sides have a few slight advantages/disadvantages that in the long run have proven to be statistically negligible in regards to any perceived imbalances.

I wasn't one of those people, I was just saying that she could make a path of webs into Rosh. But now that doesn't matter since Spiderlings can't move over terrain.

I don't get why they have to nerf Timbersaw even more ffs -_-

First they change how Timber Chain works, now they increase the mana cost of his ultimate? His entire damage output relies on the ability to execute combos with his abilities, and unless you get a Bloodstone, you will always run into Mana problems even now with the lower mana cost

He was a little broken lately. That's prolly why.

GorillaJu

Is it possible that people will have their eyes opened to how good skadi is now that it has been buffed?

Skadi's always been good, it's the really rough build-up that's the problem. 4 inventory slots for not particularly useful stats-only items that cost 2100 each, for example.

The new Tranquil boots are terrible. Not attacking or being attacked for 13 seconds to trigger regen? That makes it worthless as an early game lane sustainability item which is what I use it for when I play PL. You don't even get the base 3hp regen from RoR when it's broken.

It's very clearly intended to be a Support item. Not to mention it has higher movespeed when broken than any other Boot except for BoTs

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe I missed it, but how did they nerf bottle crow?

The flying courier not being up till 3 minutes means ether the courier is going to take forever to go the first run, or you have to wait till after the first rune to do it quickly.

Personally, I bet teams will just start buying two couriers again if they want to ensure a weaker mid wins, since the 350 move speed and extra HP make it every hard for even someone like QoP to dive and pick it off in the first 3 minutes.

The new Tranquil boots are terrible. Not attacking or being attacked for 13 seconds to trigger regen? That makes it worthless as an early game lane sustainability item which is what I use it for when I play PL. You don't even get the base 3hp regen from RoR when it's broken.

The boots were designed for supports, and have been remade to not be viable on carries. 10 HP/Sec Regen for 975 gold is insane on a support roaming around the map, plus keeping the 4 armor at all times will be really helpful.

Yeah it'd be really great if you could build OoV into a mid-tier item needed for Skadi. The buildup is the brutal thing.

Maybe change the buildup to have Sange replace an Ultimate Orb or something. Or have OoV build into some new mid-tier item that's a component of Skadi along with an Ultimate Orb and a recipe ala Manta, Linken's, etc. Change stats to compensate if necessary.

And yeah, Tranquils are pretty much exclusively the domain of supports now. Since they're faster unbroken than all other boots besides BoTs, they make getting into position for ganks all the easier.

G.ZZZ

Guys GAF ask me to change my password but it doesn't send me the old one and say it's incorrect ! It's a conspiracy to kick me out of the forums ;(

eDIT: welp fixed

NBtoaster

It's the ganking update:

-Supports/junglers get worse exp from jungle creeps so need kills to make it up
-Sentries no longer show smoked units
-Night at 4 minutes; mid can gank/be ganked earlier
-Incentive for dewarding so they cant see you coming
-Reduced vision on a bunch of heroes
-Cant get courier upgrade for 3 minutes, why not buy boots and gank instead? (or hunt their courier)
-Tranquils boots just for supports that happen to be faster than anything else

Some people say this makes the game more passive, its the opposite. Should solve the issue of those TI3 games that had like 6 kills at 30 minutes.

On the other hand lots more spells can be disjointed and purged so some kills will have to be planned well.

GorillaJu

OD's aura triggering from items isn't what makes him a good mid. His ability to mid isn't really harmed by this - he still does monster damage by draining intelligence, can deny experience by astral'ing enemies, and with the amount you cast Astral you'll still get plenty of mana back without the item triggers.

It's the ganking update:

-Cant get courier upgrade for 3 minutes, why not buy boots and gank instead? (or hunt their courier)

Some people say this makes the game more passive, its the opposite. Should solve the issue of those TI3 games that had like 6 kills at 30 minutes.

On the other hand lots more spells can be disjointed and purged so some kills will have to be planned well.

Incentives for supports to gank/roam early yeah. With mid players being the prime target, given that they can't really be pooled and thus will be slightly slower getting core items up unless they build risky with less -> 0 regen. Mids with a sustain (like Invoker!) will likely become more valuable. Nightstalker doesn't have sustain so much as being tanky, but all his other changes should definitely push him into being a powerhouse. And I definitely think Disruptor mid will be really good with his ungodly harass and ridiculous Aghs updgrade. He should be played somewhat similar to how Rubick or Invoker mid were being a huge XP hog since all his spells leveled are extremely good. I can see Midas - Aghs - Refresher + whatever (Force, Blink, Veil, etc.) Disruptor being a thing. Will have to try it in practice to see if it holds up.

GorillaJu

Every time I see the Beyond: Two Souls thread in the main gaming forum I always say to myself "Oh, Dota 2 thread got taken out of community?"

G.ZZZ

It's the ganking update:

The problem is that jungling was a reliable way for supports to farm, especially with good pulling. Now that pulling is gone, i am pretty sure we will see poorer supports everywhere and whatsnot, since ganking is an extremely unreliable way to get gold. Basically, ganking gives you gold if you're advantaged, but not if you're behind, while pulling was a safe source of income at least the first minutes. May make the game a bit too volatile for my tastes, but we'll see.

EDIT: the good thing is that now supports have an incentive to KS, since the gold for ending spree is absurd right now.

F!ReW!Re

Damn I can't wait to go home and play :)
Really happy with the invoker buff (2 spells at level 3).
Also the regen-items nerf might mean that a quas wex build is viable again?

Wondering how this jungle change/nerf will effect my jungling with NP/Lycan/DS...

Boken

Banned
Cos icefrog doesn't care to balance the game perfectly

He just makes lots of reasonable changes and lets the game sort itself out

sephi22

Why is Huskar still not in CM but ET is happily wrecking havoc for awhile now.
Because he was way more broken than ET and now that he's been so badly nerfed, they will wait a couple of weeks to see if he's still viable so that they can put him in.

Radec

Holy fuck at the new Blood Seeker.

You won't even need boots. lol

Because he was way more broken than ET and now that he's been so badly nerfed, they will wait a couple of weeks to see if he's still viable so that they can put him in.

Who? Huskar or ET ?

Cause neither of them has been so badly nerfed.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Huskar had some major changes in the last patch and was taken out, pretty standard, and with the changes in this patch Icefrog isn't sure if he should be added back, so wasn't. If everything is fine then he'll be back soon enough, ET was added as he was in DotA CM.

Haunted

The new tranquil boots are some monkey's paw bullshit. So you want cheap, fast boost that give you a lot of regen? Here you go!

oh btw they break when you actually try to play the game.

NBtoaster

The problem is that jungling was a reliable way for supports to farm, especially with good pulling. Now that pulling is gone, i am pretty sure we will see poorer supports everywhere and whatsnot, since ganking is an extremely unreliable way to get gold. Basically, ganking gives you gold if you're advantaged, but not if you're behind, while pulling was a safe source of income at least the first minutes. May make the game a bit too volatile for my tastes, but we'll see.

EDIT: the good thing is that now supports have an incentive to KS, since the gold for ending spree is absurd right now.

Pulling isn't gone, just worse. Also supports will benefit from faster gold income.

It makes the begining of the game much more skill based, as the better gankers will get the advantage (which was pretty much always the case for pro games that werent boring to watch).

Volodja

The new tranquil boots are some monkey's paw bullshit. So you want cheap, fast boost that give you a lot of regen? Here you go!

oh btw they break when you actually try to play the game.
And even broken are still faster than normal boots and give you armor, so they are great if you spend a lot of time running around.
And when active they give 140hp more than the old ones in the span of 1 minute without requiring any mana.

I'm completely fine with that, honestly.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Enigma
- Midnight Pulse dps increased from 3/4/5/6% to 4/5/6/7%
- Added Aghanim's upgrade: Adds Midnight Pulse damage to your Black Hole. This damage stacks with Midnight Pulse.

I hope its not true.

Enigma OP!

.Midnight Pulse over 8 seconds: 56% HP damage
.Black Hole with Aginams: 280 - 560 damage
.Midnight Pulse over 4 seconds(from black hole): 28% HP damage

Refresher on Enigma!

Another

Both the spells goes through Magic immunity (Black hole partially) and cannot be blocked by linkens.

(Edit: Can anyone confirm if the above Enigma changes are true? or is it a fan base creation.)
(Edit 2: Nvm I found the source http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=109826 )

The huskar nerf might be overkill, ghost scepter was pretty bs, but now that he doesn't have it I'm curious to see how he would have stacked up against teams that play smart against him, like buying medallion or playing heroes like troll that enhance the team's physical damage. The agility nerf might be overkill, is it something like 8 agility per 1 armor?

I said that Wisp-CK combination is still deadly, though not as much as when tether have stun. It makes Wisp need better tether ally that either have stun, silence, or both.

Yeah, he is still a pretty strong pick but I think he won't be banned/picked 100% of the time anymore in the the west.
I also think (IMO) the tether should also have mini-stun for at least for 0.1 seconds or something to really balance him/her/it out.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I hope its not true.

Enigma OP!

.Midnight Pulse over 8 seconds: 56% HP damage

Refresher on Enigma!

Another

Both the spells goes through Magic immunity (Black hole partially) and cannot be blocked by linkens.

(Edit: Can anyone confirm if the above Enigma changes are true? or is it a fan base creation.)
(Edit 2: Nvm I found the source http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=109826 )
Enigma needs to actually get to an aghs and not get interrupted

Hopefully this comes in time
0Jr9ZmY.gif

What are these? Please tell me these are NP Treants. Where are they from? I tried looking at the workshop and couldn't find them.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
The huskar nerf might be overkill, ghost scepter was pretty bs, but now that he doesn't have it I'm curious to see how he would have stacked up against teams that play smart against him, like buying medallion or playing heroes like troll that enhance the team's physical damage. The agility nerf might be overkill, is it something like 8 agility per 1 armor?

7 AGI per 1 armor.

What are these? Please tell me these are NP Treants. Where are they from? I tried looking at the workshop and couldn't find them.

Treants yeah. You can tell by the timer clock to the left of their health bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom