• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

F!ReW!Re

Hopefully this comes in time
0Jr9ZmY.gif

What are these? Please tell me these are NP Treants. Where are they from? I tried looking at the workshop and couldn't find them.

They look cool, but I rather have them have cut-out eyes and a cut-out mouth like the courier model;

NBtoaster

They look cool, but I rather have them have cut-out eyes and a cut-out mouth like the courier model;

I think they look cute without eyes :3

That courier looks much more manmade and sentient with the eyes, the treants look like some natural creation of nature.

F!ReW!Re

I think they look cute without eyes :3

That courier looks much more manmade and sentient with the eyes, the treants look like some natural creation of nature.

I can get behind that line of reasoning, but that mouth still looks awful.

On another note, any of you think Blizzard has any chance of delivering on a better "moba" than there is currently available?
I have some serious doubts Blizzard is able to come up with a "moba" that can pry me away from Dota atm.

BeesEight

This is all that matters. HAIL TO THE KING BABY

brood + lycan strats inc

Yeah, I'm feeling optimistic for Lycan now. Didn't really touch him at all in this version but with the change to trilanes it might be possible to run him in a lane without completely screwing yourself over. Would love to get back to playing him.

Boken

Banned
I can get behind that line of reasoning, but that mouth still looks awful.

On another note, any of you think Blizzard has any chance of delivering on a better "moba" than there is currently available?
Is there room for BHOTS?

I have some serious doubts Blizzard is able to come up with a "moba" that can pry me away from Dota atm.

doubtful

blizzard are going to aim for the most casual denominator. they will be able to carve a sustainable playerbase though, purely because there a shit tonne of blizzard fans out there (who wouldnt love to play arthas, kael, raynor, zeratul, kerrigan etc)

I really doubt they use Kael

they have to be careful not to make any heroes or champions or whatever they're called, look or feel too much like Dota heroes. Kael would just look and probably feel too much like Invoker for them to do it

F!ReW!Re

Damn that XP range on the neutral creep camps. (that's the 1300 range that a hero needs to be in to get xp off of killing the neutral camps).
BH and the other offlaners are going to have a field day.
Don't know if you'll even want to block those camps any more.

doubtful

blizzard are going to aim for the most casual denominator. they will be able to carve a sustainable playerbase though, purely because there a shit tonne of blizzard fans out there (who wouldnt love to play arthas, kael, raynor, zeratul, kerrigan etc)

Well that's the only thing they got going for them.
But I doubt they'll sway a lot of LoL/Dota players...

Risible

I'll play anything that offers better match-making than Dota 2. I love the game, but the endless matchups with non-English speakers, rage quitters, AFKers, and people who have seemingly never played a game of Dota in their lives has driven me to the point where I just don't want to play. It's maddening.

BigAT

Damn that XP range on the neutral creep camps. (that's the 1300 range that a hero needs to be in to get xp off of killing the neutral camps).
BH and the other offlaners are going to have a field day.
Don't know if you'll even want to block those camps any more.

Well that's the only thing they got going for them.
But I doubt they'll sway a lot of LoL/Dota players...

Has it been tested yet if an enemy hero being in range of a dying neutral creep means the XP is split or do both teams get the full XP from the creep?

F!ReW!Re

I'll play anything that offers better match-making than Dota 2. I love the game, but the endless matchups with non-English speakers, rage quitters, AFKers, and people who have seemingly never played a game of Dota in their lives has driven me to the point where I just don't want to play. It's maddening.

We've all had these problems, but how would you suggest solving them?

- "non-English speakers"
Matchups with non-english speakers is not something you can filter on.
Region locking won't work. I mean Europe consists of a lot of people not knowing how to speak english or refusing to.
I only want to play with English people as well, but what prevents me from joining your game and then start shouting in Dutch over the Mic or on the chat?
I hate queing for Europe West, most of the times I end up with russians/eastern europeans anyway and most of the time they refuse or can't to speak english.
I only queue for USE nowadays.

- Rage quitters
How do you register if it's a rage quit or his local telco had a problem at that precise time?
How can you punish people for this?

- AFK'ers
I don't even know how to begin registering this "phenomenon". Valve is trying with the abandons but does that really work?

- People who have seemingly never played a game of Dota in their lives
If you invite a friend who is new to the game into your party where the rest has "1200 played" how do you handle the matchmaking?

Blizzard isn't going to fix these problems.
Riot hasn't fixed the problems
And Valve can't fix these problems either.

Has it been tested yet if an enemy hero being in range of a dying neutral creep means the XP is split or do both teams get the full XP from the creep?

I think it's been confirmed that the XP gets split between the receiving heroes.

Raxus

Valve has taken strides to fix the problem. There is an English filter and region filter. Besides that you can report leavers/AFKers to put them in low priority.
I doubt BAllS will do much to fix this problem presentin all MOBAs.

If you want to avoid 'noobs', then pay with friends/people you meet in game. Worked for me.

F!ReW!Re

Valve has taken strides to fix the problem. There is an English filter and region filter. Besides that you can report leavers/AFKers to put them in low priority.
I doubt BAllS will do much to fix this problem presentin all MOBAs.

I know they have, and I think they've accomplished in reducing it somewhat, but you won't be able to completely remove this from the "moba" scene.
The easiest thing we as players can do to reduce these experiences is trying to join a stack with friends/gaffers as much as possible. This results in having the better overal experience.

Also - Mirana being included in the night vision nerf kinda sucks. She's Priestess of the MOON.

Tie it in with her ult or whatever, but it just doesn't seem right that she gets shafted here when the moon is as big a part of her aesthetic as Luna.

The reason is obvious, Selemene does not want the Princess hanging around, lonely in the forest at night, there are many threats, stalkers, werewolves and barely dressed furions. She is vital for the kingdom, so she should be at the safety of home. There is a reason why Selemene choosed Luna to be her sword (in this case glaives).

Just inventing lore here :p

shira

I was actually looking for a new headset and this seemed interesting.
120$ is acceptable, but just found out they did the old Dollar=Euro trick.
So *** you steelseries...

I'll get another AKG K518 DJ headset.

Oh the headphones are shit, it's only the code that is worth it.

edit: and it appears they are sold out

Sibylus

Banned
I can't be the only one amused at Lich retaining his excellent new player status, can I? You can dip out of the lane every now and again to catch a melee creep from the next wave, and dip back in again with the extra xp in hand.

M.D

Finally had a decent Lone Druid game!

http://dotabuff.com/matches/349543513

I got the usual stuff at the start like Shield on the bear, but then went Tranquil Boots and Orb, and from there rushed into Radiance and got it at about 20 minutes

I just think its the perfect item on the Spirit Bear, it gives you the damage you need and the burn damage as well which helps not only in the fights but for farming

What I would usually do is get Tranquil Boots, Phase and Orb, then go Maelstrom to farm faster, but I realized that's a 2700 gold waste since it doesn't give you any real damage, and the Radiance already helps with farming and is way more useful overall

The one thing that bothered me is I think the bear dropped in HP too fast, even with an AC. I got Vlads on my hero near the end, but I don't know how much it helped.

If I had more money I'd get a Hyperstone on the bear which is pretty perfect for him for more Entangle and Bash chance, plus wouldn't that be better for the Vlads as well? If he attacks faster, he should lifesteal faster... right? I feel I may be wrong here

I think that's the build I'll go in most games now, maybe get Phase instead of Tranquil early on if I think there's early kill potential..

Update
- Fixed Level 4 Sprint duration being slightly too low
- Fixed clients visual FoW not being updated properly with Darkness
- Fixed Brewmaster Primal Split units and Call of the Wild Legacy Keys
- Fixed multi target style attacks lifestealing from each hit under Vampiric Aura
- Reverted Flying Dragons change for now

I don't think they intended for you to be able to pull from dire hard lane or radiant mid.

I've been playing co-op bot matches lately because they're a good no-pressure way to try heroes I'm not comfortable with. I played Pugna yesterday and I was not feeling him at all. His nuke has such short range it feels like it isn't worth the danger to in teamfights; he's so damn squishy I'd just get blown up when I tried to use it.

SamVimes

Aghs Necrolite is so overrated. I wouldn't get it before i have at least 3 other items most of the time. Maybe to shut down a single core lineup but still.

I've been playing co-op bot matches lately because they're a good no-pressure way to try heroes I'm not comfortable with. I played Pugna yesterday and I was not feeling him at all. His nuke has such short range it feels like it isn't worth the danger to in teamfights; he's so damn squishy I'd just get blown up when I tried to use it.

Yo it's one of the most ridiculous pushing skill in the game.

Your teamfight skills are the Ward and your Ult.

Aghs Necrolite is so overrated. I wouldn't get it before i have at least 3 other items most of the time. Maybe to shut down a single core lineup but still.

It's going to be all but obsoleted now too with the buy back changes. Which is unfortunate since it was a really unique mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom