• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Man I'm so glad I decided to put in some work and learn to play Invoker. Probably my favorite hero at the moment. It's just always fun.

man meepo sucks on test. I thought the changes would be a buff but new tranquils just blows chunks. Breaks on jungle creeps/any creeps, 13 second reactivate, no active, breaks when you attack... It's garbage. Clones are even easier to kill and take longer to get...

Feel bad for any meepo players because the hero just went from hard to play, to hard to play and bad.

New jungle lycan is pretty kick ass though, you can get vlads around 6-7 mins pretty easy. I got unlucky and had centaur camps in medium so it took a little longer but you can do it.

Any hero that relies on tranq boots in jungle pretty much got gutted I think. Axe may have to go for ring of health and ursa some potions.

I saw in one the games posted a few pages back that the OD has a skadi. Does the skadi work together with OD's orb? Someone told me it does work with Clinks searing arrows but are there any others? (I thought about trying Skadi on a six slotted silencer once but didn't go for it.)

Another skadi question, I was thinking about a fun Doom build, if you go shivas and then Skadi and then get the frost attack from the small camp creep, does anyone know if all that -IAS will stack? Manfighting doom could be like attacking enchantress.

M.D

man meepo sucks on test. I thought the changes would be a buff but new tranquils just blows chunks. Breaks on jungle creeps/any creeps, 13 second reactivate, no active, breaks when you attack... It's garbage. Clones are even easier to kill and take longer to get...

Feel bad for any meepo players because the hero just went from hard to play, to hard to play and bad.

New jungle lycan is pretty kick ass though, you can get vlads around 6-7 mins pretty easy. I got unlucky and had centaur camps in medium so it took a little longer but you can do it.

Any hero that relies on tranq boots in jungle pretty much got gutted I think. Axe may have to go for ring of health and ursa some potions.
That's sad to hear as I still have a dream to become a good Meepo player :(

Tranquils are now for supports, as it should be. They were too good for afk carries like Phantom Lancer.

SamVimes

I saw in one the games posted a few pages back that the OD has a skadi. Does the skadi work together with OD's orb? Someone told me it does work with Clinks searing arrows but are there any others? (I thought about trying Skadi on a six slotted silencer once but didn't go for it.)

Another skadi question, I was thinking about a fun Doom build, if you go shivas and then Skadi and then get the frost attack from the small camp creep, does anyone know if all that -IAS will stack? Manfighting doom could be like attacking enchantress.

Yeah it does, i did it before and it's awesome. I skipped the skadi tho.

That's sad to hear as I still have a dream to become a good Meepo player :(

He might still be viable, you can get kills easier a little bit earlier on, but my strat of easy -> stack hard -> easy camp on the second meepo then poofing the hard camp down is pretty much dead. Tranqs breaks on the easy camp, can't sustain it. You'll probably have to play more aggressive with meepo.

He might still be viable, you can get kills easier a little bit earlier on, but my strat of easy -> stack hard -> easy camp on the second meepo then poofing the hard camp down is pretty much dead. Tranqs breaks on the easy camp, can't sustain it. You'll probably have to play more aggressive with meepo.

Boots of Travel m8.

ElyrionX

Sometimes, this game really has the worst people around. I was partying with a friend and this fucking Viper on our team kept abusing us non-stop, especially me. I had a poor early game as Puck but as soon as I got dagger, I turned things around and was primarily responsible for initiating many successful team fights with coil. So when this idiot decides to rush into a 5-man stack just to get one kill and I back off early, he starts blaming me for being a "coward" and for the rest of the goddamn game, he wouldn't stop. Jesus christ.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/352508725

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Didn't only one creep get an hp nerf? The big change to Chen is the new jungle order and slower 6, and I think the new layout will help him.

sixghost

I think it just makes Meepo a more interesting early game hero. Before there was no reason to do anything but clear the easy camp, then stack the hard camp until you had scepter, but now you actually are very strong in lane after level 4. Your damage basically doubles for CSing, you can control runes fairly easily, you can go stack the hard camp still, you can go for an early kill in lane, or just go gank.

The biggest change for early game Meepo is the net animation. It used to be so hard to land it as the first stun since the animation was so long.

Also I still think tranquils are the early boots for Meepo. Just let the low HP Meepo do the roaming and stacking so he can heal up.

Pretty sure Duesy is banned guys, he's most definitely one of the higher tier players here; we were joking around in the IH when we said he qualified.

duesy sux.

He lost mid to dk as invoker once, then I carried him on AA.

dis week gonna be awesome. Diretide, 6.79, Arkham Origins, possibly LC on friday or next monday.

JustinBB7

Sunday test client update.

Update 6

- Fixed some vision skills disabling Shadow Dance passive when ultimate is active
- Fixed Smoke interaction with shared vision
- Pathing for Meat Hook/Swap is now removed once the hero leaves the stuck area
- Fixed Rubick being unable to steal the Boar from Call of the Wild
- Fixed Stolen Scepter upgraded Blackhole not doing Midnight Pulse damage
- Fixed Stolen Scepter upgraded Primal Split not having the secondary abilities
- Fixed gold command not working after buyback

Pretty sure Duesy is banned guys, he's most definitely one of the higher tier players here; we were joking around in the IH when we said he qualified.

Hmm, wasn't playing/watching IH this week so I wouldn't have heard that conversation.

I can still take 1.09 though, I mean he's low tier right?
/iwatalaughs

Oh and Tobe we could still do a team together. Not sure who else exactly I'd want to fill a roster - tons of people in my skill range give or take.

Hmmm. I've only actually ever done something like 2 bets on Dota 2 Lounge and one of them was also a Navi/Liquid game where Liquid won and raked in the rares (albeit shitty Omniknight ones mostly).

Guess I should have bet on this match as well. But you can't anticipate Navi pretty much intentionally throwing game 2 with Xboct Rylai and them having a standin for game 3 (What happened to Xboct? Shame? Was in the shower during draft and start of the game).

I think it's fair to say Navi is the better team overall, but even good teams are susceptible to upsets, particularly if they're overconfident, like with the sG/[A] match the other day. It's just hard to predict when exactly when "throws" will happen.
Except for EG which is more often than not.

xanavi

Date depending I'm down for playing in the GAF tourney if any team needs a fifth. I'll play whatever role you need me to fill. Here's my db profile. I've been tooling around on another account lately so this one's been a bit neglected.

F!ReW!Re

So what build do you follow? And did you take the small camp first?
I tried going for medium now (old small camp location) but was getting smacked by the medium camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom