• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

I think Disruptor will become a staple mid. I keep reading the changelog, and it is a no brainer for me.

What would you exactly do with Disruptor mid ? He scale terribly into lategame and can't dominate the lane anyway. He's also pretty vulnerable to ganks. I mean, WL or Zeus mid would bring so much more to your team and they're not played.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
What would you exactly do with Disruptor mid ? He scale terribly into lategame and can't dominate the lane anyway. He's also pretty vulnerable to ganks. I mean, WL or Zeus mid would bring so much more to your team and they're not played.
AoE Doom is pretty good, glimpse is free kills, BATTLEFIELD CONTROL

Sibylus

Banned
Disruptor mid seems like a no-brainer if you can get a good start with it and get good headway into an Aghs. Not sure if Glimpse would be preferable over Kinetic Field in lane though, given how little space there tends to be in mid compared to the side lanes.

G.ZZZ

AoE Doom is pretty good, glimpse is free kills, BATTLEFIELD CONTROL

It's not really an AoE doom since you can activate BkB before it activate. It's more like an AoE stun you can move out from.
Yeah it would be ridicolously good with Siren -> field into ulti setup, but aside from that, well... i'd rather have a magnus, much more reliable if you want that AoE "doom".

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It's not really an AoE doom since you can activate BkB before it activate. It's more like an AoE stun you can move out from.
Yeah it would be ridicolously good with Siren -> field into ulti setup, but aside from that, well... i'd rather have a magnus, much more reliable if you want that AoE "doom".
Yeah I guess since the field and ult AoE don't match you'll still need some setup.

It's really making me appreciate Sand King more on how fast and how many people burrow strike can hit with blink.

G.ZZZ

The AoE on ult is so large now that unless there's a quick force staff I feel like you can get them trapped properly, and if you catch carry / force staff user they are screwed. Then you can have your own team with instant initiation as well to counter that.

It's really making me appreciate Sank King more on how fast and how many people burrow strike can hit with blink.

Even at 450 AoE, you'd still need a second and half at most to escape it, and Kinetic field need 1.2 secs to get up. I'm not seeing how he'd be a good mid instead of just being a slightly better support with a late game item to go for now. It's just too unreliable, and you're not having the late game, pushing capabilities neither the huge burst of other mid heroes.

EDIT: only 1 way to solve this debate, 1vs1 the loser sucide his gaf account

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Also I'm down for some Diretide when that happens.
Even at 450 AoE, you'd still need a second at most to escape it, and Kinetic field need 1.2 secs to get up. I'm not seeing how he'd be a good mid instead of just being a slightly better support with a late game item to go for now.
Oh, on mid I dunno. I'm not a dota expert. Figure glimpse with lower CD could help on ganking mid and early levels will help more?

G.ZZZ

Also I'm down for some Diretide when that happens.

Oh, on mid I dunno. I'm not a dota expert. Figure glimpse with lower CD could help on ganking mid and early levels will help more?

He's not a ganker, he's more of a defensive/teamfight support with kinetic to zone people out and glimpse to send back ppl who jump on your team. Kinetic is way harder to use offensively.

Well if anyone want to go for game i'm up in channel.

He's not a ganker, he's more of a defensive/teamfight support with kinetic to zone people out and glimpse to send back ppl who jump on your team. Kinetic is way harder to use offensively.

Well if anyone want to go for game i'm up in channel.

I don't think they gave glimpse 1800 range because it's meant to be used defensively. It's one of the best ganking skills in the game.

G.ZZZ

I don't think they gave glimpse 1800 range because it's meant to be used defensively. It's one of the best ganking skills in the game.

Ok, since it seems we're falling in the theorycrafting pit of stupidity, think of it like this:
when are you picking disruptor for your team? It's because you want a roamer/ganker? Or it's because you want an hero that punishes dives and zone ppl out in teamfights? For me the answer's pretty clear.

Wok

Ok, since it seems we're falling in the theorycrafting pit of stupidity, think of it like this:
when are you picking disruptor for your team? It's because you want a roamer/ganker? Or it's because you want an hero that punishes dives and zone ppl out in teamfights? For me the answer's pretty clear.

I am a noob, but very often when I have played Disruptor, my lane got the First Blood, and sometimes a bit more. His spells are very offensive during the early game. I like to think of him as a support ganker: you change lane even though you are not mid and you help the lane with some kills (which the carry gets).

Sanjay

I've had thoughts about making my team for the Dota 2 tournament for special people for their needs.

I only have one requirement and that is to be as good as Nilay but not better.

I will TMM with you to test you abilities, You will also have to pick heroes where reaction time is needed.

So far the below are welcomed into my Team:-
Nilay
Spookie
Dorkimoe

I would also take Drkirby.

Please add me.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sanjay/

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
༼ ᕤºل͟º ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM
paid chat vs poverty chat

Good job Matt. thx

NXrdcns.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sunday update, wow

it seems they probably want to ship this ASAP.

I think they really do want to pack it in with the Halloween update, and likely don't want to release it on day of Halloween this year.

I've had thoughts about making my team for the Dota 2 tournament for special people for their needs.

I only have one requirement and that is to be as good as Nilay but not better.

I will TMM with you to test you abilities, You will also have to pick heroes where reaction time is needed.

So far the below are welcomed into my Team:-
Nilay
Spookie
Dorkimoe

I would also take Drkirby.

Please add me.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sanjay/
I'll take you up on your offer, that way I can refine my lightning fast reflexes.

Plus, it would be nice to play with people who don't declare the game is lost within the first 5 minutes in any game that isn't a stomp in our favor

I don't know what I've said exactly that's meant to be stupid theorycraft. People use glimpse for chasing and catching out of position heroes all the time. In fact "out of position" can mean something different when a disruptor is in the game which for me is a sign of great ganker.

I don't understand the next question either, can't you have more than one reason for picking a hero? Like Puck for example. You pick her for both her ganking and her teamfight. I don't know if there's many line-ups where you'd prefer to have a Disruptor mid compared to someone like Puck, but one reason might be if you needed someone who can gank an Anti-Mage/Timbersaw/AnnoyingEscapeMoveAssholeHero at level 7 with nothing much in the way of farm, since Disruptor is one the best heroes for that.

G.ZZZ

I don't know what I've said exactly that's meant to be stupid theorycraft. People use glimpse for chasing and catching out of position heroes all the time. In fact "out of position" can mean something different when a disruptor is in the game which for me is a sign of great ganker.

I don't understand the next question either, can't you have more than one reason for picking a hero? Like Puck for example. You pick her for both her ganking and her teamfight. I don't know if there's many line-ups where you'd prefer to have a Disruptor mid compared to someone like Puck, but one reason might be if you needed someone who can gank an Anti-Mage/Timbersaw/AnnoyingEscapeMoveAssholeHero at level 7 with nothing much in the way of farm, since Disruptor is one the best heroes for that.

Theorycraft is stupid because you're never considering all variables in any case, so it's just who argues longer or scream louder.

EDIT: just in case it wasn't clear, i wasn't referring to you. It's just that the discussion was getting stupid because we could've brought examples and counter examples forever and zzz

G.ZZZ

This NeoGAF channel is deader than my city during the summer holidays.

EDIT: 3rd win a row in solo MM on USE queue because EUW too ez for me ez ez ez

Nokterian

Did twitch finally fixed the stuttering it seems? Here in the EU it runs smoothly after a long time since i am watching EG vs Navi at the moment.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I pick disraptor for glimpse, usually as defense. However I think he's fine in the offense.his attack animation is amazing and he can call back runners into the middle of your team. His nuke is one if the most efficient harassing tools at early levels.

I pick disraptor for glimpse, usually as defense. However I think he's fine in the offense.his attack animation is amazing and he can call back runners into the middle of your team. His nuke is one if the most efficient harassing tools at early levels.

I always play Disruptor offensively.

I tested Disruptor out in a bot game on the Tear client earlier today or yesterday. Unfortunately it's hard to say exactly how effective he will be there since the mid Death Prophet bot comes into lane with 2 tangos (8! charges) and a salve, something no human opponent would likely ever do. So I need to practice with real people in a variety of match ups.

His harass is good, rune control great, ganking potential high (though he needs more help and can't kill people by himself as much). If you get a ward up right on their high ground the lane should be gravy. He's just so hungry for levels since all his skills are so good - tons of builds can work on him.

So what build do you follow? And did you take the small camp first?
I tried going for medium now (old small camp location) but was getting smacked by the medium camp.

I did quelling blade/stout shield and pot. I could clear both medium camps pretty easy, just make sure to micro wolves so they don't die and have them attack lycan to switch threat. Ideally you want to to do 2 medium 1 easy, then you should be near 3, then suicide or run back.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dota1 returned 100% then 22% as dispersion on top of that. Dota2 not sure.

EDIT: can someone invite me to guild btw?
Do you still need an invite, I'm on now, just say something in the chat.

Razzer

It just occured to me that if comments from people who went to TI3 are true, we should be expecting the Free-to-play documentary soon. I wonder if they will coincide it's release to go along with a patch or something. I'm getting really impatient because I want to see it lol.

JustinBB7

It just occured to me that if comments from people who went to TI3 are true, we should be expecting the Free-to-play documentary soon. I wonder if they will coincide it's release to go along with a patch or something. I'm getting really impatient because I want to see it lol.

What did they say?

Update 7!
- Fixed Liquid Fire not showing the visual effect while off cooldown
- Fixed Exorcism spirit count
- Fixed level 2 Chemical rage being 45 instead of 40 movement speed
- Fixed other wards gaining Poison Sting if Venomancer is on the same team
- Fixed Stolen Plague Wards not having current Poison Sting level
- Fixed Shadow Dance interaction with Thirst
- Fixed Meepo units having different respawn times with buyback penalty
- Fixed Omnislash to disallow Blade Fury instead of silencing him

They're busy.

Status