• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

So I'm wondering a few things.

First of all, this came out: The Dota Difference Juggernaut Episode

One of the differences is that the Healing Ward has a collision size in Dota 1. Now that it's movement speed is up in Dota 2, I wonder if people will use it to bodyblock in Dota 1, and could this get corrected in Dota 2?

Also, I don't know much about the technical side of the WC3 engine. Is it possible to make new targeting systems sort of like LoL and HoN have done with various heroes? I know LoL has one where you click one spot and click another to make a wall or something. In HoN there's one where you stand still shooting missiles and move the mouse to aim them.

- Fixed other wards gaining Poison Sting if Venomancer is on the same team

lol

Yeah I was scratching my head on that one. Did it mean that say, Rhasta wards got poison sting? Hilarious if that was the case. Not sure what else it could be referring to unless it counted Jugg's healing ward or Pugna's thing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nether Ward could of had it too, since it does "attack", but Serpent Wards is the main one that comes to mind.

Mr. West

Banned
I just faced a Bloodseeker mid as QoP and was getting owned early game. Is this a shitty matchup for QoP or did I just play bad? I'm fairly new at the game so I don't know.

cstretten

Did you PM the reddit mods to frontpage it? edit: done
You should time your announcements with morning EST if you want max coverage.

Thanks for that.
The Reddit posting thing/timing is still mostly voodoo to me.
I'll remember about the morning EST posting time.

Cheers!

I just played faced a Bloodseeker mid as QoP and was getting owned early game. Is this a shitty matchup for QoP or did I just play bad? I'm fairly new at the game so I don't know.

well you have to be really on point with last-hitting. You max out your lifesteal first and if you last-hit well (including your own creeps), you should be able to stand through most of her harass. especially in low/medium elo.

but the catch is...you really gotta get every last-hit. if you don't, you'll get murdered.

Calidor

But he was qop...

Yeah bloodseeker can win the lane, he has more base dmg, absurd regeb and even some decent rune control against qop with silence

Boken

Banned
well you have to be really on point with last-hitting. You max out your lifesteal first and if you last-hit well (including your own creeps), you should be able to stand through most of her harass. especially in low/medium elo.

but the catch is...you really gotta get every last-hit. if you don't, you'll get murdered.
he was the QoP

@west: it really is a function of how much you can harass/deny vs his ability to last hit
you should have 100% rune control so use that to your advantage and spend more mana to murder him.
Make sure that you push before rune spawn timer + hit him with the scream also.
the alternative is to push the lane incredibly hard and force him to stay under tower

Mr. West

Banned
he was the QoP

@west: it really is a function of how much you can harass/deny vs his ability to last hit
you should have 100% rune control so use that to your advantage and spend more mana to murder him.
Make sure that you push before rune spawn timer + hit him with the scream also.
the alternative is to push the lane incredibly hard and force him to stay under tower
thanks. Yeah he was definitely owning me on the last hits which is why I couldnt harass him.

Mr. West

Banned

Thanks for the bloodseeker tips :p

xanavi

I find myself clicking on the minimap to move the camera while watching tournaments on twitch way too often. I can't even help myself.

Thanks for the bloodseeker tips :p

Strike that. Reverse it. lol

Harass him so hard he has to choose between getting a last-hit and possibly dying. In this case, you have to be on point with your own last-hitting timing with QoP. That's true of any hero laning against BS. If he has a Quelling Blade, you simply may not be able to stop him without a gank, but the harder you harass him, the better your chances of rattling him. And if you rattle him enough to miss a couple of last-hits...he may get low enough for you to kill him. That's really the goal. To make him anxious. To cause him to miss some cs.

Lotto

Holy moly the Source setting on twitch for D2L is insane. How come other streams can't be this good?

iVqI83fn68X9r.png

Sanjay

I think they really do want to pack it in with the Halloween update, and likely don't want to release it on day of Halloween this year.

I'll take you up on your offer, that way I can refine my lightning fast reflexes.

Plus, it would be nice to play with people who don't declare the game is lost within the first 5 minutes in any game that isn't a stomp in our favor

Your in the Team Drkirby. Once I've finished work on Tuesday, We will play some TMM together. Will try you out in different position's to find your best role.

2 Slots left.

Ugh just had a game where I picked a carry, and had my support fuck off to the hard lane* so that the offlane lesh I was up against wasn't zoned out when it mattered the most. Then he starts single pulling and auto-attacking to ensure the lesh gets a ton of farm and xp.

*To help a timbersaw.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Your in the Team Drkirby. Once I've finished work on Tuesday, We will play some TMM together. Will try you out in different position's to find your best role.

2 Slots left.

I likely won't be home until about 10 PM EST unless class ends early that day.

Boken

Banned
Boken want to try out for our team? we need a centre forward.
my resume:

Gold tier in Leeg (equivalent to bloodstone tier in doto)

100% win rate on gyrocopter
100% win rate on troll
100% win rate on broodmother

thnx for consideration

Also, I am Australian

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
The BS v QoP matchup is brutally hard for seeker, it's probably my least favorite. She wrecks melee and BS is no exception. Shadow Stike, scream, right click, deny, get runes, suffocate, win. Just have to be careful giving seeker the lane to get runes, as he can cs to full hp.

bounchfx

streaming and bullshitting if anyone wants something to fill their earholes It's me, Andrew Helenek, and Oroboros. If you like senseless, mindless jibberjabber with no real direction, themed to games or dota, hop on in, if not, I'm sure you're doing something more entertaining anyway hehe

http://www.twitch.tv/bounchfx#

like browsing gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom