• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I really love the wandering heads idle. [kiss] magnifique

Nah, I was just mimicking the spambots in the non-guild thread.

Because a straight answer would be oh, so hard.

Always surprises me how this thread is one of the least welcoming on the entire communnnity boards.

Fitting, after all, since this is a DOTA thread.

ElyrionX

Why is FV not a common pick in the competitive scene? His abilities scale very well into late game and his ult remains relevant and powerful at all stages of the game. Is it due to the high risk nature of his ult?

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Watching someone create any asset from scratch, changes one's perspective.

A friends Lich HUD .

0A9D1B3BC98E8CD6C54361BB0F6B3C525C1ED658

Razzer

Always surprises me how this thread is one of the least welcoming on the entire communnnity boards.

I think that's unfair. Shira posts silly stuff all the time, you have to not take him seriously often, but most people in this thread are very welcoming and happy to help each other. For the record I don't know the answer to your question, but let's not get so grumpy because one person made a fairly innocent joke.

Boken

Banned

dota is full of jerks

league of legends has nicer people in its OT, come join :)

[H]Guild [W]Players for MM - is a mimic of MMO trading channels where [H] stands for "Have" and [W] stands for "Want"

Razzer

How should you react when someone is playing really bad but you can't get mad because they are role -playing nyx over the mic.

Shinypogs

How should you react when someone is playing really bad but you can't get mad because they are role -playing nyx over the mic.

You laugh and accept that an hour or more of your life is going to potentially end in one hell of a memorable loss?

Also I wish I could hear this, sounds great.

Seriously though idk, roleplay back some sort sort of constructive criticism? God I would pay to see/hear a game with lots of banter between allies and enemies being all ic. Reminds me of people pretending to be peaceful colonists during starcraft 2 matches and acting all outraged when you attacked them, good times.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

It's a bit unfair to say this thread isn't welcoming based on this experience. You didn't really ask a question and you got quoted and responded to by the resident thread spammer, sorry dude. This thread is plenty welcoming. It's so welcoming, in fact, that regular posters are tossing in money to a newbie-ish tournament comprised of newer players from this very thread.

I encourage you to join in conversation or seek help with some issue, but please don't judge the community by one poster in a context you misunderstood.

G.ZZZ

Why is FV not a common pick in the competitive scene? His abilities scale very well into late game and his ult remains relevant and powerful at all stages of the game. Is it due to the high risk nature of his ult?

Hard to lane, can do little to nothing there. Nowhere the dps of antimage against heroes either

Well, he's a teamfight carry with bad early game and mediocre midgame. In the current meta that basically means he's a shittier version of AM.

F!ReW!Re

This thread is plenty welcoming. It's so welcoming, in fact, that regular posters are tossing in money to a newbie-ish tournament comprised of newer players from this very thread.

Regarding this newbie-ish tournament;
Did I miss the initial post for this? Or is it just a concept at this stage?
Sign-up?
What timezone are playing in?
What region are we playing in?
Restrictions?
Etc...

Would be interested to join if that's possible.

Razzer

You laugh and accept that an hour or more of your life is going to potentially end in one hell of a memorable loss?

Also I wish I could hear this, sounds great.

Seriously though idk, roleplay back some sort sort of constructive criticism? God I would pay to see/hear a game with lots of banter between allies and enemies being all ic. Reminds me of people pretending to be peaceful colonists during starcraft 2 matches and acting all outraged when you attacked them, good times.

Oh man I wish this had occurred to me at the time, I was PL so I could have been really condescending to him haha. We won btw, they dragged it out long enough for me to get six-slotted despite our wisp leaving halfway through.

Boken

Banned
I don't know if it is coincidence but once you start getting into better games you tend to get rares and mythicals on heroes you actually play and completing sets.
Don't listen to any of shiras posts

He either posts crap or lies like this

Despicable.

People do seen to get items for heroes they played in a game more often than you'd expect, but I suppose it's just the novelty of those instances that makes them stand out more.

Yes, there are lots of in-jokes and sarcastic responses which are fun, but you just gotta roll with it for awhile and know who those responses are coming from. If you ask an honest question, serious answers will be given in short enough order.

G.ZZZ

So is it completely impossible now to determine if a game is in Normal/High/Very High?

Play with me and you'll play VH :ez: :winallgames: :top0.01%percentile: :i'mnoteventryinganymore:

If you really want to know, the only way is to create 4 smurfs then create a team with you + 4 smurfs in it and compare your team ELO this way.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Kind of a weird question, but are there any good learning resources written/recorded/etc. by pros out there? On the rare occasion I've read a pro talking about a hero or strategy I always get something out of it, but it seems like Dota pros are fairly quiet on that stuff.

ViviOggi

Kind of a weird question, but are there any good learning resources written/recorded/etc. by pros out there? On the rare occasion I've read a pro talking about a hero or strategy I always get something out of it, but it seems like Dota pros are fairly quiet on that stuff.

Check out Synderen's VODs on Twitch maybe? I don't watch him but have heard that his streaming is rather educational.

Razzer

Check out merlini's YouTube channel, only ex-pro but he has pretty good sessions where he answers people's questions. It's good for learning some stuff beyond the basics. Other than that I'd just say check reddit often, whenever a pro writes a blog or something designed to teach other players it usually gets posted there.

Edit: yeah streamers can a sometimes explain what they are doing, iceiceice vods would be a good place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom