• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Regarding this newbie-ish tournament;
Did I miss the initial post for this? Or is it just a concept at this stage?
Sign-up?
What timezone are playing in?
What region are we playing in?
Restrictions?
Etc...

Would be interested to join if that's possible.

Most of that is TDB but you certainly aren't too late. It's Bzm and Milk's baby, so feel free to PM them with any questions or concerns you may have.

Arkanius

I have been on a hiatus because ded gaem and all that. (Been playing Guild Wars 2 a lot again)
6.79 looks so fresh, but I'll hold for Legion Commander.

Anteo

Same here. But getdota is still the same. So is this the dead of old dota?

Edit: And I just realized that the getdota says "Oficial Dota Allstarts Download" even though they droped the Allstars part a while ago.

170 mb patch.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Same here. But getdota is still the same. So is this the dead of old dota?

Edit: And I just realized that the getdota says "Oficial Dota Allstarts Download" even though they droped the Allstars part a while ago.

170 mb patch.

Icefraud said on his Weibo account that he'd keep on updating Dota 1.

You are gonna get ganked, and you will like it.

Not if you're the suicide laner. Times have never been better, as you're now significantly safer than ever before. With safe lane creeps pushing with a buffed movespeed, lanes will always want to be closer to the river meaning it harder to gank the suicide laners.

In fact, it's almost safe to say neither lane is a "safe" lane when creeps are in their new normal meeting point, similar to side lanes in League of Legends. Carries can legitimately consider laning in either side lane.

So does this mean NaVi vs Speed is going to be played on 6.79? Dota doesn't save previous updates like CS:GO does when theres a tourney going on right?
Yes, it does. If the update is 6.79, all of today's matches will be played on 6.79.

KingKong

So does this mean NaVi vs Speed is going to be played on 6.79? Dota doesn't save previous updates like CS:GO does when theres a tourney going on right?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So what is going to happen to speed vs navi?

Had EE-sama been practicing secret 6.79 strats?

I would also like to go on the record that I think new blood seeker is weaker old, you just can't dive as far any more. Maybe he will fit global strats, but I don't see why they would make a come back now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'd the navi vs speed game going to be on twitch? What would the channel name be? I wanna watch it on my phone if it is still going to be played.

Spookie

Bah. Just before the release of Batman too. Could have given me at least a couple of days to play that the inconsiderate bastards.

Yo, apparently they can choose between the latest version and the tournament version (not 6.79). So today's matches may not be played on 6.79. According to what I read on the dev forums.

So if competitive starts running dual lanes do you think that means the overall hero diversity will be better when compared to tri-lanes? I think tri-lanes kind of dick over heroes that need farm but can't solo a lane (unless they can actually be the one position carry.) But on the other hand someone was saying that pulling made it much easier to run level dependent heroes like Rubick and Nyx as supports instead of mids.

Volodja

Yo, apparently they can choose between the latest version and the tournament version (not 6.79). So today's matches may not be played on 6.79. According to what I read on the dev forums.
When I ran my custom game to check if it was 6.79 I think I went with Tournament version and it had the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom