• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

Yep.

There are a few very expensive items in the game. That's one of them. Extremely special or rare couriers (those extremely limited in quantity or one-of-a-kind), and the Alpine Ursa set.

I like showing your inventory to my friends to make them go 'Woah'
Dat Golden Roshan and Alpine Ursa

Yeah, I know. But goddamn I didn't know that the Defence 2 Wardogs were THAT expensive.

I was considering getting an Alpine set back when I used to bang out Ursa but now I ain't so sure. I wish I did buy it back then though. Not that I would sell it but knowing that my inventory is worth something would feel soo gud.

Yep, everything is going up and up.

The right time to sell is when you want to sell. These things will probably never go down (and most likely will continue to appreciate). Such is the nature of limited release items. To have something that less than 500 people out of 500,000 have...it's pretty cool.

I like showing your inventory to my friends to make them go 'Woah'
Dat Golden Roshan and Alpine Ursa

Would you believe I got my oldest couriers appraised by one of the big trading sites and...

Wardog Effect: Burning Animus
Color: 235, 48, 206 - 800+ Keys

Stumpy Effect: Felicity's Blessing
Color: 207, 206, 17 - ~100 Keys

Badger Effect: Felicity's Blessing
Color: 254, 2, 155 - 300-500 Keys

Yak Effect: Searing Essence
Color: 250, 163, 155 - ~700 Keys

Who knew. He felt they were easy sells too. Wasn't looking to but damn...I got those couriers when they came out for like 20-40 keys each. 2 of those are D2 Wardog money.

Based Cyborgmatt - http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/21/4863190/modder-makes-dota-2-spider-less-scary-for-arachnophobes

XMx9Dst.gif
Must be a slow news day. :)

shira

Yep.

There are a few very expensive items in the game. That's one of them. Extremely special or rare couriers (those extremely limited in quantity or one-of-a-kind), and the Alpine Ursa set.

It's not even the most expensive war dog
http://imaginarymarkets.com/top-7-i...-you-were-extraordinarily-lucky-or-dedicated/

A pink or white one can pay some serious bills

so what if someone is afraid of spiders AND frogs

Next will be "Cyborg-chan I'm afriad of girls"

It's not even the most expensive war dog
http://imaginarymarkets.com/top-7-i...-you-were-extraordinarily-lucky-or-dedicated/

A pink or white one can pay some serious bills

Yea I've been offered $7k for my GBR. If I decided to actively sell it, I could probably do better than that. It's not the best cycle but shit...it's a GBR. You get to be in The Club (which means something to someone, I guess).

And yea, people seem to lose their minds over pink and white wardogs of any effect. The fact that I could get ~$2,000 for my pink Wardog and my light pink Yak...well...I guess people really like rare shit to shell out that kinda cash.

God bless em, I say.

sephi22

Man I hope my Axe and Vanguard Weta purchases do work out.
If the items are shit, I'm cancelling the Vanguard. A big ass shield that I don't have any space for.
The Axe statue I could keep.

geetec

Neo Member

The right time to sell is when you want to sell. These things will probably never go down (and most likely will continue to appreciate). Such is the nature of limited release items. To have something that less than 500 people out of 500,000 have...it's pretty cool.
Now you're just teasing :'<

geetec

Neo Member
If the items are shit, I'm cancelling the Vanguard. A big ass shield that I don't have any space for.

Do you know if they'll ever restock on the Weta Dota 2 stuff. They were already sold out by the time I got the money together to buy them, just my luck.

I don't want the Axe staute, I want something bigger.
;)

Edit: Sorry for double post. Forgot I posted half-a-second ago...

Not at all! I was thinking more about his Wardog which I've never had but have seen maybe twice in-game. I imagine it must be cool to own the very first truly rare item in the game.

I'll never know because I'll never have one. Too rich for my blood. I've never paid more than $200 for anything (that was a TI2 Smeevil when it was new and I was weak), and never will.

Cash-Out Day will be a fun day for me, though.

I'm just hoping for another 'alpine'-like mistake! I'll stock up on that shit so I can say this too. Otherwise, knowing my luck, my inventory will be worth nothing by the day I leave. 'dem chest drops ain't doing nothing for me.

Now you're just teasing :'<

Not at all! I was thinking more about his Wardog which I've never had but have seen maybe twice in-game. I imagine it must be cool to own the very first truly rare item in the game.

I'll never know because I'll never have one. Too rich for my blood. I've never paid more than $200 for anything (that was a TI2 Smeevil when it was new and I was weak), and never will.

Cash-Out Day will be a fun day for me, though.

I imagine you could resell the physical items. Those will still be very rare even without the in-game items.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

Would you believe I got my oldest couriers appraised by one of the big trading sites and...

Wardog Effect: Burning Animus
Color: 235, 48, 206 - 800+ Keys

Stumpy Effect: Felicity's Blessing
Color: 207, 206, 17 - ~100 Keys

Badger Effect: Felicity's Blessing
Color: 254, 2, 155 - 300-500 Keys

Yak Effect: Searing Essence
Color: 250, 163, 155 - ~700 Keys

Who knew. He felt they were easy sells too. Wasn't looking to but damn...I got those couriers when they came out for like 20-40 keys each. 2 of those are D2 Wardog money.

What about my 245, 50, 130 Piercing Beam wardog?

?!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why did the Dragon Claw hook suddenly spike to $200? How long until Rotten Stache breaks $100, it twice as rare as the Dragon Claw hook, and has been taken out of drop rotation. Will the Golden Greevil ever be worth a decent sum? Why does everyone hate Morok?

sephi22

Do you know if they'll ever restock on the Weta Dota 2 stuff. They were already sold out by the time I got the money together to buy them, just my luck.

I don't want the Axe staute, I want something bigger.
;)

I don't think so. Its limited edition so I hope not.
Anyway, I asked this to WETA customer support and I should be getting a response in a couple of days.

I think it was a mistake buying the Axe statue. I would really like the Butterfly instead. Oh well, I'm on the waiting list for it.

I imagine you could resell the physical items. Those will still be very rare even without the in-game items.
Yeah I hope I can do that.
I might even sell 'em here for cheap if I feel the in game items are going to sell for a lot.

What about my 245, 50, 130 Piercing Beam wardog?

?!

I can find out for you. Hit me up later about it and I'll pass that along.

If it's old (legacy), assume hundreds of keys.

edit: 400 keys, minimum IMO. And as high as someone is willing to go.

Why did the Dragon Claw hook suddenly spike to $200? How long until Rotten Stache breaks $100, it twice as rare as the Dragon Claw hook, and has been taken out of drop rotation. Will the Golden Greevil ever be worth a decent sum? Why does everyone hate Morok?

$200? wtf

sephi22

Why did the Dragon Claw hook suddenly spike to $200? How long until Rotten Stache breaks $100, it twice as rare as the Dragon Claw hook. Will the Golden Greevil ever be worth a decent sum? Why does everyone hate Morok?
Isn't Rotten Stash worth like 10 keys?
And DC hook seems to be worth a lot because of the Korean launch. At least that's the theory I read here.

I don't care much for Pudge or Pudge items. The item I'm really pining for right now is the Nyx Dagon. Should get my Brewmaster hoodie in a couple of days

Has anyone tried Jakiro yet? I was thinking of putting early points into Liquid Fire and using it to orb harass in lane. Not sure if it's viable though, since I'd have to take points away from early Dual Breath, which is his only source of reliable damage.

geetec

Neo Member
Why did the Dragon Claw hook suddenly spike to $200? How long until Rotten Stache breaks $100, it twice as rare as the Dragon Claw hook. Will the Golden Greevil ever be worth a decent sum? Why does everyone hate Morok?

Goddamn Kirby, why did you have to remind me?!

First ever chest I opened (because I had an extra "summer key" after buying a beta key) I got the Dragon Claw. Didn't think much of it, just another mythical item. Not too long after this, I sold it because I used to hate pudge as a hero. This hatred made another lucky guy get it for only 6 keys, but then again, to be fair, it was actually worth this back in the day.

..and now it's $200?! smh.

Has anyone tried Jakiro yet? I was thinking of putting early points into Liquid Fire and using it to orb harass in lane. Not sure if it's viable though, since I'd have to take points away from early Dual Breath, which is his only source of reliable damage.
just be careful not to accidently push the creep wave with the AoE.

Goddamn Kirby, why did you have to remind me?!

First ever chest I opened (because I had an extra "summer key" after buying a beta key) I got the Dragon Claw. Didn't think much of it, just another mythical item. Not too long after this, I sold it because I used to hate pudge as a hero. This hatred made another lucky guy get it for only 6 keys, but then again, to be fair, it was actually worth this back in the day.

..and now it's $200?! smh.

I gave one away to a friend who was desperate to get one and another extra one to some girl for a BH set that was new at the time.

Got the one for my friend for $10 back then. :-/

I suppose I can't complain about past investments, though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Rotten Stash was like 10 keys after the first blood update, but is now upto $45 on steam community market, and it should really keep going up due to the limited supply. There are twice as many Hooks, since Valve made is so the Stash had a 1% chance of coming out of the chest instead of the normal ~10% chance.

Acutally, Grull and the Arcane Staff of the Ancients, and QoPs Ruby Web are some more things to keep an eye out for, since they also had the dramatically reduced odds of them dropping. Grull is a really instresting one, since it doesn't command a high price, but it is actually one of the rarest chest items out there (I think it clocks in at thrid rarest, behind the Arcane Staff and Ruby Web Wings)

geetec

Neo Member
I don't think so. Its limited edition so I hope not.
Anyway, I asked this to WETA customer support and I should be getting a response in a couple of days.

I think it was a mistake buying the Axe statue. I would really like the Butterfly instead. Oh well, I'm on the waiting list for it.

Mind letting me know when you get the news?

Also, how do you get into the waiting list? Do you just order it through the site or do you have to contact the Weta through customer services?

sephi22

Mind letting me know when you get the news?

Also, how do you get into the waiting list? Do you just order it through the site or do you have to contact the Weta through customer services?
Send an e-mail to info@wetanz.com with your Name and Country and ask them to put you on the waiting list for one of the items.
Last time I checked, the 3 weapons were all sold out. You could still get an Axe statue (1000 made).

geetec

Neo Member
I gave one away to a friend who was desperate to get one and another extra one to some girl for a BH set that was new at the time.

Got the one for my friend for $10 back then. :-/

I suppose I can't complain about past investments, though.

Damn, that kinda sucks. But it musta been cool to get a new set for BH when he was hawt! (in the pub scene)

If only I knew what I know now back then. I would probably be a DotA-Millionaire.

To be honest, if I was smart I would have picked up several couriers for cheap back then and sold 'em later on. I was thinking about it back then, but I made myself believe that they won't increase in price anymore than they actually were at the time.

Send an e-mail to info@wetanz.com with your Name and Country and ask them to put you on the waiting list for one of the items.
Last time I checked, the 3 weapons were all sold out. You could still get an Axe statue (1000 made).

Thanks man. I'll do this ASAP.

Edit: Is anyone up for a game right now?

Damn, that kinda sucks. But it musta been cool to get a new set for BH when he was hawt! (in the pub scene)

If only I knew what I know now back then. I would probably be a DotA-Millionaire.

To be honest, if I was smart I would have picked up several couriers for cheap back then and sold 'em later on. I was thinking about it back then, but I made myself believe that they won't increase in price anymore than they actually were at the time.
Honestly I don't regret the trades. As you said, who knew? The couriers I have I picked up purely because I liked them; not because I had some expectation that they'd inflate in price. I'm not a trader. So the things I traded away I did so because I'm not in it to make a profit. And besides, if I had 3 Dragonclaw hooks in my inventory, they'd just be there taking up space. The 2 I gave away are being enjoyed by others to this day, and one of them the guy tagged giving me love for the gift.

Wok

I have just had my 147th match with Lich, and my first match with the new patch, and I can say it: the new patch broke Lich. Tranquil boots feel slow, no active regen with them. Moreover, Lich seems to cast his spells with difficulty, I have seen a few ultimate spells not casted when I wanted to. I don't know, maybe it was my ping or the ennemies casting some disables, but the game was so slow, not what it used to be.

BigAT

Grull is a really instresting one, since it doesn't command a high price, but it is actually one of the rarest chest items out there (I think it clocks in at thrid rarest, behind the Arcane Staff and Ruby Web Wings)

Really? I got one (from an end of game drop, not out of a chest) and it has always seemed like it isn't worth shit. It doesn't help that it's a really ugly mount.

geetec

Neo Member
Honestly I don't regret the trades. As you said, who knew? The couriers I have I picked up purely because I liked them; not because I had some expectation that they'd inflate in price. I'm not a trader. So the things I traded away I did so because I'm not in it to make a profit. And besides, if I had 3 Dragonclaw hooks in my inventory, they'd just be there taking up space. The 2 I gave away are being enjoyed by others to this day, and one of them the guy tagged giving me love for the gift.

You're a good man Dreams. A very, very good man.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Really? I got one (from an end of game drop, not out of a chest) and it has always seemed like it isn't worth shit. It doesn't help that it's a really ugly mount.
It isn't worth shit, that is the somewhat odd thing. Maybe it really is just because it is ugly, or because it is rated Mythical, but it had the drop rate of a Legendary Item from a Dark Chest.

Uriah

Any advice on how to play slark? He's my favorite hero and I do pretty well in the early and mid game but I feel like I eventually get crushed. Hell, I always go offlane to let our carry get addition farm but it always seems that our carry fails to step up.

Anteo

Any advice on how to play slark? He's my favorite hero and I do pretty well in the early and mid game but I feel like I eventually get crushed. Hell, I always go offlane to let our carry get addition farm but it always seems that our carry fails to step up.

I always felt that slark is one of those heroes that have to finish it before the late game, kind of like Balanar or Templar. So I would not be surprised if he cant keep up in the late game.

When I play with those, I ask for pushes after we win fights, or after I get some pickoffs.

Manus

Loving this new Broodmother. Ended up out carrying a Naix 75 minutes into a game. Though I did have Kunkka's ult to set me up to pick each one off.

I have just had my 147th match with Lich, and my first match with the new patch, and I can say it: the new patch broke Lich. Tranquil boots feel slow, no active regen with them. Moreover, Lich seems to cast his spells with difficulty, I have seen a few ultimate spells not casted when I wanted to. I don't know, maybe it was my ping or the ennemies casting some disables, but the game was so slow, not what it used to be.

Try again.

Sounds like you already know the answer to the question. It's the same trap that people fall into playing most invis heroes. You hit 6 and feel like you should be permaganking and simply forget to farm.

While you should be looking to gank/kill when good opportunities arise, whenever you're *not* ganking you need to farm...because Slark -- like every invis champ -- falls off without items. Running from lane to lane without killing anything means you're (1) wasting time, (2) failing to get xp, and (3) failing to get gold. That's the kiss of death combination.

I can't tell you how many times I've fallen behind in xp/gold doing just that with any number of mid heroes. I'd go to gank a lane a couple of times, get nothing out of it, and get back to lane behind 2 levels and 35cs. Not a good look. Same thing with heroes like Riki. I'd hit 6 and start thinking about kills so much I'd forget there are lanes of creeps to kill to get items that can accelerate that goal.

The reality is that there are more than enough creeps for you, the carry, and the jungler. The carry can't farm all 3 lanes and the jungle simultaneously unless he's PL...and not even then. Take the creeps you need to get the items you need.

So which heroes make the best use of the new Tranquil Boots?

Lich, Lion, KotL, and CM seem to be the most obvious choices, since they have mana regen abilities so they don't need Arcanes.

Lich, Lion, KotL, and CM seem to be the most obvious choices, since they have mana regen abilities so they don't need Arcanes.

I'm curious too. Now that the Tranq's can't be broken down, are they relevant to carries anymore?

Razzer

I just played a game as Sand King and tranqs were funny as hell early game. The other team would gank us in lane, I would sandstorm, and the passive regen got me up to a safe amount of health so I could escape with my life. It really is amazing how much regen you get early game.

Edit: honestly no carries should get tranqs now.. You'd probably be better off leaving boots untouched until you have more items on carries that would have got them like PL. Maybe get BoT's later on. It's just a question of whether getting treads or phase is worth it on certain heroes when you could get your big items instead.

Kreunt

Banned
Just pronounce it like this:

to piss everybody off.

that'll just make me hungry

http://dotabuff.com/matches/353472601

Guys, semi-carry Lina is pretty fun

only way to player her :p
http://dotabuff.com/matches/305145853

Rotten Stash was like 10 keys after the first blood update, but is now upto $45 on steam community market, and it should really keep going up due to the limited supply.

i sure hope so, i had one drop as soon as they re-added it.

This is one of these changes which makes the game so bad as an aggressive Lich.

They're still really fast when broken, and even faster when you're roaming unless you decide to randomly attack stuff on your way to a different lane. It only helps you be aggressive.

Not to mention the regen is ridiculous.

They break when you attack, so no.

oh right. forgot about that tidbit.

do they also break when you cast a spell? Or just when you attempt to autoattack?

Either way, they definitely sound like a support-only item now. Unless I'm missing something obvious, which is entirely possible.

elyetis

Going Tranqil + soul ring might be interesting on some other support depending of the team need for mana ( or lack of ). (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom