• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, interesting build, care to explain you reasoning for a noob? I'm guessing you went blink to initiate and pop all you spells as soon as possible so you could start attacking like a boss with the deso, and the AC was to stop you getting blown up straight away as the likelihood of a 5-man stun is not high. Also what order did you build it?

I was mentioning a few posts ago, but yea. I was building a carry Lina and wanted to maximize the right-click damage coming out of her with the E passive. So my approach was to max out the passive first, then Q, then W. The primary roles of the Q and W were to proc the passive on ganks. Blink dagger to get in position for the W stun followed immediately by the Q to max out the passive attack speed buff, then right-click them to death.

Desolator -- when obtained by 20 minutes or so -- is devastating on maxed E Lina. It's just silly attack speed. Add AC for further armor reduction and attack speed in addition to armor to take a bit of incoming damage as well. If I had time, i would have finished that out with a Daedalus and BKB.

With her increased attack range in 6.79, it'll probably be more viable than ever (which isn't saying much considering nobody really does this). Considering her low-cooldown ult, sending Lina mid could be pretty sick. Haven't done this in probably a year, though. YMMV.

edit: random question - does your ELO degrade if you haven't played the game for awhile? I just noticed that in my last game I solo queued a Normal match. The game I played before that (3 months ago), I was solo queuing Very High or High.

haven't tried AC on her yet

dooo etttttt. Really, it was just about the Hyperstone...so feel free to try out a Mjollnir if you don't need the +armor.

It is coded #D03D33.

rlts.jpg

can you post a screen like this for me?

elyetis

question - does your ELO degrade if you haven't played the game for awhile?[/B] I just noticed that in my last game I solo queued a Normal match. The game I played before that (3 months ago), I was solo queuing Very High or High.
Since last month patch you can no longer check in what bracket the game you played was, every game are 'normal'.
Yes that's stupid.

Since last month patch you can no longer check in what bracket the game you played was, every game are 'normal'.
Yes that's stupid.

Oh okay! Last I looked at dotabuff (again, a few months ago), you couldn't see ELO anyway because Volvo said no more. I was looking at my Lina dotabuff page and saw "High" at the top of the page and was like, "oh it's back. cool..." and checked my most recent game and got confused. Ty for clarification.

I'd say 150 keys, give or take. Based on Steam Market pricing. It's not a "Legacy" courier, but it is a damn fine courier. You could get $300 for it on the Steam Marketplace from what I see, and presumably around that equivalent in keys or cash on the open market.

"Legacy" couriers, fwiw, are couriers that have a color combination that no other courier has. They're basically one-of-a-kind colors (odds are 1:704,643,072 that someone else has a legacy courier with the same color combination).

http://d2lp.com/tutorial/

But yea, great courier man. I've never had an EF courier. Effect just wasn't for me...but they are the most valuable of the normal effects, and on the most popular courier among traders.

Boken

Banned
I haven't played Dota in about a week.

Who to play first, I wonder.

broodmother

u gotta make ur enemys feel the same terror of giant spiders like we do in australia

and she has stealth so whenever you jump em they feel the same thing as when you see a random tarantula in ur shoe or a huntsman on ur hand

I still kinda wish that they gave Defense war dogs to everyone who bought a ticket for that early and got the chest, but whatcha gonna do. Still would have been extremely limited. At least I always have my unusual Tide octopus hat to remember that by?

I don't own anything particularly valuable or expensive. Maybe my fully unlocked compendium smeevil will appreciate. Who knows. But hindsight is 20/20 on all these things. Should I have bought more summer chests in 2012? Probably, since I could have ended up with a hook or timebreaker. I only opened a couple at most at the time and didn't get either. Though I do have both the Brewmaster mythicals from the TI2 chest, which might be worth more especially if he becomes popular again.

The new Tranquil Boots are the best Lone Druid boots for Sylla.

Yea, that makes a lot of sense. Autoattack as normal with the tranqs along side the bear, but if you get low, you can always fall back and heal while the bear takes care of the business for you.

He's the only carry that it makes sense for, though.

xanavi

Yea, that makes a lot of sense. Autoattack as normal with the tranqs along side the bear, but if you get low, you can always fall back and heal while the bear takes care of the business for you.

He's the only carry that it makes sense for, though.

You don't think they'd work on PL as well? If his illusions still get the bonus speed it's a lot faster to farm with and you'd normally want to skirt around and throw lances in teamfights first anyways.

You don't think they'd work on PL as well? If his illusions still get the bonus speed it's a lot faster to farm with and you'd normally want to skirt around and throw lances in teamfights first anyways.

Well, it would depend. Tranqs are bought primarially for early game survival on carries and the active allowed you to continue farming while healing if nobody is around. Now the active is dead and they stop working for 13 seconds or whatever when you right-click anything. That's a huge usability nerf for farmers not named Lone Druid. By the time you're getting up enough illusions to allow you to be able to take 5-15 second breaks right-clicking on the actual PL, you're well past the phase of the game where you want tranqs anyway.

I'd rather just have regular treads and carry a few salves...but if harass is minimal or sporadic...I suppose they're fine. I guess. I just don't think stopping everything you're doing for 5-15 seconds to heal up is realistic for most carries. Too much cs will be missed. And again, given you can't disassemble them anymore, it seems to me that it's more financially sound in most cases to just get treads (more hp) and a few salves.

xanavi

I thought I saw players picking up tranqs in professional games even when they had an uncontested lane to farm in just because the movespeed with drums and yasha made the routes more efficient. I suppose the fact that they can no longer be disassembled kind of negates the benefit of faster farming for a little while since you'll need to replace them wholesale.

Now that I am home for a moment, I can propperly gloat. Ez rares ez life (plus some easy commons)
102113ezraresezlife.jpg

time for me to start betting.

I thought I saw players picking up tranqs in professional games even when they had an uncontested lane to farm in just because the movespeed with drums and yasha made the routes more efficient. I suppose the fact that they can no longer be disassembled kind of negates the benefit of faster farming for a little while since you'll need to replace them wholesale.

You could be right. I *rarely* bought tranqs on carries (and when I did, it was for the healing) so I could be missing some of the value-add. But Ikuu has said "no" for carries. I'd trust Ikuu on these matters.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Really, the fact that they break when you attack or get attacked should make them a non-option any carry or jungler.

Tranquils was starting to become very situational for me on most carries I would get it on anyway, mainly if the lane was difficult. The inability to disassemble hurts it more than other change IMO since I would always have upgraded them by 30-35 minutes or so anyway. They were a stepping stone boot. With that not viable, it simply doesn't make sense to invest the gold into an otherwise inferior option. Just fly out a salve if you need to.

xanavi

Really, the fact that they break when you attack or get attacked should make them a non-option any carry or jungler.

Even while broken they offer higher flat movespeed and more armor than other boots but I agree; in general they're not too appealing for carries or junglers.

I'm gonna watch this inhouse instead of playing cause I'm waiting on some dude to give me a 4-5 flawless IV Timid Protean frog. Boken will understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom