• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiore

Banned
Yeah I was going to wait and see how the scheduling would be like and looks like I won't be able to participate. Saturday and Sunday evening are not good for me

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There is a new special quality on the workshop cosmetic filters, "Hero Build", wonder if that will be anything or Valve just putting a guild system tag in the wrong place.

kasane

wow i just can't win right now. my winrates are abysmal too

whenever i start playing with my buds the badluck carries on solo queue lol

Dahbomb

so how do i skill veno now?
1/1/1 starting out is a must. After that most people upgrade wards then Gale then Poison Sting. If you want to go max harassment/push with wards you max Ward and Poison Sting... if you want to do a lot of ganks you max Gale and Poison Sting. Do not underestimate the damage that this new Gale is capable of at lvl4.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think I need to start playing carry to get out of the dumpster tier in DotA. I mean seriously, I'm nowhere near as bad as the people I'm matching with. It's so frustrating.

Kreunt

Banned
1/1/1 starting out is a must. After that most people upgrade wards then Gale then Poison Sting. If you want to go max harassment/push with wards you max Ward and Poison Sting... if you want to do a lot of ganks you max Gale and Poison Sting. Do not underestimate the damage that this new Gale is capable of at lvl4.

cheers

Trasher

I think I need to start playing carry to get out of the dumpster tier in DotA. I mean seriously, I'm nowhere near as bad as the people I'm matching with. It's so frustrating.
You've reached your actual skill tier it sounds like now that you haven't played with us for a while!

strong.

there are none.

:(

I belive 350ms is the exact difference between assist Zeus and kill secure Zeus

Good choice.

New veno melts faces. A few aspects of the hero were rebalanced to avoid him being completely broken.

Awesome, I'll try him out later.

Right now Lich works well on a 350ms connection, thanks to Sacrifice which is fucking op early game. Seriously, that skill is broken.

Also playing 350 ms Dota is fun, and has it moments. Me and my friend joke that it's Chess Dota since you have to plan out your moves much more in advance than usual.

Chris R

Posting my dotabuff link was a mistake :( longest losing streak I've ever had... Half shitty teams, half me trying to get my stupid Z-A challenge started with shitty teams.

F!ReW!Re

Posting my dotabuff link was a mistake :( longest losing streak I've ever had... Half shitty teams, half me trying to get my stupid Z-A challenge started with shitty teams.

Don't worry man, most people here have solo queued and know that you're probably not single highhandedly responsible for each of your wins/losses.
Some games you just can't make a big enough impact to turn a loss into a win.
Especially with all the factors; morale, quality of your teammates/enemies, disconnects, etc.

I had a game yesterday with 2 steambuddies and we had 2 lone wolfs in our team.
1 of the lone wolfs takes QoP mid.
The other decides to support with Omni.

QoP goes for an orchid build, but doesn't take boots and fails (and dies) every gank (she tries 2-3 times within 10 minutes).
We call him out on the no boots, he says he made a mistake, "sorry about that"
Well shit happens, lets keep playing.

Meanwhile Omni shouts: "BH sucks, noob, blah blah blah" and then "I go jungle and wait for gg"
This is within the 10 minute mark.

All the while me and one of the steambuddies dominate bot lane versus lifestealer and lion.
Omni refuses to contribute at that point and "is waiting for gg in jungle".

Shit like that really pisses me off, at that point me and my buddies just want to get a new game going but the other team decides to stretch the game out till 25 minutes or so.

Nymerio

Played Abaddon for the first time yesterday. Went carry and full on yolo mode. Tower diving like crazy and it was amazing. That hero is just ridiculously fun to play.

fiore

Banned

Meanwhile Omni shouts: "BH sucks, noob, blah blah blah" and then "I go jungle and wait for gg"
This is within the 10 minute mark.

All the while me and one of the steambuddies dominate bot lane versus lifestealer and lion.
Omni refuses to contribute at that point and "is waiting for gg in jungle".

Shit like that really pisses me off, at that point me and my buddies just want to get a new game going but the other team decides to stretch the game out till 25 minutes or so.
I don't understand why players behave this way. I had teammates who literally do everything to lose. And when you are actually winning they feed even more or send courier to their fountain

i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn5a.png
Edit: pic too big

Okay after finally having a game vs. her, Broodmother is bullshit. "LOL I'll just hide off the map forever and you can't get me while regaining HP"

Maybe just make it so she can only move freely when using her ult.

I'll have to have a ridiculous winning streak to make up for all the losses I've suffered over the past week.

SamVimes

I'm up for it.
But isn't GZZ marked for vhigh tier in the sheet?

There are other vhigh tier players in the sheet, if the organizers don't want us to play i guess we just won't play.

You can add yourself to our team on the spreadsheet with your favorite role.

Razzer

I hate people who just straight up quit if things are going wrong. This wasn't my team, it was the entire enemy team who abandoned when they still had a T2 tower and all raxes. We were only 2 kills ahead as well so they could have made a comeback if they just pulled it together. It feels like such a cockblock when you are just starting to enjoy your snowball then bam everyone leaves.

Edit: Oh and actually a question, QOP crushes TA mid right? Just wanted to make sure.

SamVimes

I hate people who just straight up quit if things are going wrong. This wasn't my team, it was the entire enemy team who abandoned when they still had a T2 tower and all raxes. We were only 2 kills ahead as well so they could have made a comeback if they just pulled it together. It feels like such a cockblock when you are just starting to enjoy your snowball then bam everyone leaves.

Also emerson I replied to your PM, keep the spot open for me please!

Edit: Oh and actually a question, QOP crushes TA mid right? Just wanted to make sure.
QoP with a sentry mid wins but doesn't crush. At least in 6.78, i still haven't played her in 6.79 so i'm not sure how much is 30 mana exactly in her early game.

belvey

first blood was announced on a thursday and released the following monday. i was hoping we'd hear something last night about diretide.

F!ReW!Re

first blood was announced on a thursday and released the following monday. i was hoping we'd hear something last night about diretide.

It's Valve. They don't do releases based on historical data.
They release it when they think it's done even if it's at the last moment.

belvey

It's Valve. They don't do releases based on historical data.
They release it when they think it's done even if it's at the last moment.

even still, they have a hard deadline (i assume) for this release, given that it's tied to halloween. and the announcement isn't coupled immediately with the release, so they have leeway in talking about it before they release it. but who knows, like you said, it's valve, and it's certainly not surprising that we haven't heard anything. i was just hoping we would have.

F!ReW!Re

even still, they have a hard deadline (i assume) for this release, given that it's tied to halloween. and the announcement isn't coupled immediately with the release, so they have leeway in talking about it before they release it. but who knows, like you said, it's valve, and it's certainly not surprising that we haven't heard anything. i was just hoping we would have.

True true,
I just hope that the pumpkin courier and pumpkin treants for NP get approved during the diretide update!

Guys I won a game!*

Took me randoming PL, a Venomancer, and a ridiculously good Pudge tho.

Funnily enough I'm pretty sure it was on EUW. Still something like 20% winrate in 6.79 though.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why do I have more wins on dotabuff than I do in my profile?

This is the same for me too. Discrepancy in the losses too. The only thing I can think of is that Dotabuff counts some abandoned games that your Dota profile doesn't.

KingKong

This is the same for me too. Discrepancy in the losses too. The only thing I can think of is that Dotabuff counts some abandoned games that your Dota profile doesn't.

Thats definitely it, I had a game where Valve said there was an abandon and stats dont count but dotabuff kept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom