• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

Just played my first Legion Pub! I actually felt a little underwhelming tbh. I won a few duels early but then I started dying every fight. I didn't lose any duels but everyone would survive but me. I guess it was just because they focused me though so probably not the hero's fault.

Zeth

I've been practicing Invoker basics with bots for a bit now and I've gotten most of the spells down. I find it really fun just messing around but I fear how it might go in actual games. And I'm not one for All Pick though this has got me considering it.

Quesa

It's called you've gotten better.

I got dragged into a super low tier of hell matchmaking the other day thanks to a certain gaffer, not naming names (but you know who you are arab!), and all of a sudden everything was easy. I've never split push so well in my life while the other team ran around like idiots.

Playing with better people makes you better, shocker, and leads you to playing more better people.

I've always wondered if going how much better I could get if I went to dota boot camp with the 5k's in here.

geetec

Neo Member
Just sold my DragonClaw Hook for $150. Feels good man.

First ever item I got out of a chest was the DragonClaw, a few weeks after I sold it for 6 keys (at the time it was a good offer). Goddamn I regret it so bad, but I guess I still got a profit out of it. :'<

kasane

THE FEELS WHEN YOU CARRY SCRUBS TO UTTER VICTORY

OzUN8uW.gif

Also yeah IG throe

manfestival

THE FEELS WHEN YOU CARRY SCRUBS TO UTTER VICTORY

OzUN8uW.gif
I cant tell if they won or lost but im gonna guess lost

Opens level 92 chest...gets RARE WARDS.

Amazing.

LOL this literally just happened to me as I opened mine and got the crazy face rare ward. I guess its better than my other two wards but I wasnt so thrilled

Had two amazing wins in my day of gaming. My last one was a super comeback. There is something special about the sustain power of omni + mek . Also we got lucky on a perfectly time rosh steal.

Then I had another game where I got ganked as doom with 200 hp by a mirana and cm. I proceeded to halberd mirana and survived long enough for back to to arrive and wipe them out as well as a lycan that dove me

kasane

I cant tell if they won or lost but im gonna guess lost

LOL this literally just happened to me as I opened mine and got the crazy face rare ward. I guess its better than my other two wards but I wasnt so thrilled

Had two amazing wins in my day of gaming. My last one was a super comeback. There is something special about the sustain power of omni + mek . Also we got lucky on a perfectly time rosh steal.

Then I had another game where I got ganked as doom with 200 hp by a mirana and cm. I proceeded to halberd mirana and survived long enough for back to to arrive and wipe them out as well as a lycan that dove me

guess again lol

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/450768817

Sometimes I wish there was an "idiocy" report reason. This Gyrocopter goes Agha, Dagon, Ghost Scepter with the mindset of "they won't see it coming". He almost loses us the game because Drow catches up. Luckily we end it when we notice she has no TP by herself, but holy crap this guy almost threw the game for us. We had no real carry.

Mohasus

It could be worse.

I called mid OD vs invoker, guy picks bloodseeker and says nothing.
Then he steals clock's bottle (so he had 2 bottles, later he sold his). Clock got mad and started suiciding.

.5k ranked match

sephi22

None of my friends are online so I'm watching Ellen Pudge and Procarbine's current game.
There's this dude playing Bane who's just diving towers or autoattacking heroes and feeding like a motherfucker.

I hope this is a custom lobby and not a ranked game.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
None of my friends are online so I'm watching Ellen Pudge and Procarbine's current game.
There's this dude playing Bane who's just diving towers or autoattacking heroes and feeding like a motherfucker.

I hope this is a custom lobby and not a ranked game.

this is high level ranked

we are not amused. Haven't seen anything like that in a very long time.

Ugh, played against a brood today. They really made that hero extremely unfun to play against. We won, but the amount of time we had to mess around with him in the radiant bot lane was preposterous. I had a super early gem too and it honestly didn't help that much.

Acinixys

Ugh, played against a brood today. They really made that hero extremely unfun to play against. We won, but the amount of time we had to mess around with him in the radiant bot lane was preposterous. I had a super early gem too and it honestly didn't help that much.

If you dont have Spirit Breaker on your team vs a good brood youre going to have a bad time. Once shes in the trees on the edge of the map youre out of luck

First NP match in 5 months.

waaaaaay too fucking stressful. It was like...knowing what you need to do but being a half step slow all the time. I did okay. Got some good Orchid's off on Tinker and Invoker, and AM was on fucking point. But I clearly have yet to get used to using active items on this new mouse, as they never got used as fast as I really wanted to. CK free farmed and started off 12-2, but they never seemed to have an overwhelming lead, nor were they team wiping us. Between the split pushing and the AM wrecking ball, we were able to survive.

Unlike riding a bike, you can lose the touch in Doto.

iloled

Banned
It could be worse.

I called mid OD vs invoker, guy picks bloodseeker and says nothing.
Then he steals clock's bottle (so he had 2 bottles, later he sold his). Clock got mad and started suiciding.

.5k ranked match

Exact same thing happened to me except that it was tiny who was also tossing teammates into team fights

add void refresher, doom battlefury, mirana eulls, prophet s and y, cm vanguard

thats
.7k ranked match making for you.

Today I had the pleasure of laning with a KotL who would not stop blasting the creep wave, took all the farm and pushed lane, even after he was asked politely. Numerous times. It was hilarious when the safe tier 1 went down, he had nothing but an ultimate orb and I only had browns.

By the time our ancient got knocked down he had a second ultimate orb, I think he was going to go Skadi if the game went on long enough. Skadi KotL.

Just played my first Legion Pub! I actually felt a little underwhelming tbh. I won a few duels early but then I started dying every fight. I didn't lose any duels but everyone would survive but me. I guess it was just because they focused me though so probably not the hero's fault.

She's really fantastic against slippery heroes like Weaver, AM and Slark. Farm up a blink and focus them down. Pretty fun hero and easy to play.

sephi22

Nightmare one hero, Fiend's grip another, push towers with Necro books, urn close to death enemies or teammates, go 5-5-17 and win game with a score of 21-57.

"GG COMMEND PLZ" - carries

Can't wait to escape the trench so that people start valuing supports and stop asking for commends like its some kind of meaningful number.

Dahbomb

Nightmare one hero, Fiend's grip another, push towers with Necro books, urn close to death enemies or teammates, go 5-5-17 and win game with a score of 21-57.

Can't wait to escape the trench so that people start valuing supports and stop asking for commends like its some kind of meaningful number.
People don't value supports even at higher level play. I mean they "value" it but they don't go off commending you for warding or saving allies... that's part of the job.

A good support is one that doesn't get shit on. It's a thankless job... but someone's gotta do it.

Razzer

She's really fantastic against slippery heroes like Weaver, AM and Slark. Farm up a blink and focus them down. Pretty fun hero and easy to play.

Oh yeah I had fun in the early to mid game, got like 10 min blink after ganking safe lane. It was just that I wasn't the monster I've seen some snowballing LC's become. After being 7-1 I wasn't expecting to die in most big fights.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, is the 7$ battle point booster worth it? Been toying with the idea for a few days, but I'm not entirely convinced the 7$ will pay off.

Oh yeah I had fun in the early to mid game, got like 10 min blink after ganking safe lane. It was just that I wasn't the monster I've seen some snowballing LC's become. After being 7-1 I wasn't expecting to die in most big fights.

Don't go full glass cannon on her. A BKB is pretty essential in most cases. Also be aware about her mediocre armor - in 9 out of 10 games an AC is the right choice.

I usually go Boots -> Blink -> Treads -> Armlet -> BKB -> AC -> Daedalus

Some expensive core items but with a sole Blink Dagger, she comes online very fast when you get some assistance killing your duel opponent.

Razzer

Don't go full glass cannon on her. A BKB is pretty essential in most cases. Also be aware about her mediocre armor - in 9 out of 10 games an AC is the right choice.

I usually go Boots -> Blink -> Treads -> Armlet -> BKB -> AC -> Daedalus

Some expensive core items but with a sole Blink Dagger, she comes online very fast when you get some assistance killing your duel opponent.

Fair enough. I went boots-> treads -> blink -> BKB -> Daedalus. There may have been something between BKB and Daedalus, I'm not sure. I was thinking blade mail or maybe even helm of Dom so I can make a satanic to life steal reliably. I wanted to get deso but our venge was making one (everyone played carry :/) I'm not sure why I dismissed Armlet, I just remember throwing away the idea for some reason.

Edit: Also I remember someone saying AC is not optimal because she doesn't need the attack speed or something. Will ignore that now as I did want to go AC.

GorillaJu

lol you're going to get out of the trench and realize everyone is just as bad with this shit. AM does nothing for whole game but escape ganks because you placed wards at vital points and kept down enemy vision?

"Commend me 4 carry plz ty"

geetec

Neo Member

When carries do this, especially when they're playing awful, sparks up a fury inside me. Goddamn it's so annoying.
But from time to time people will "value" your supporting and shout you out which completely makes up for it.

Fair enough. I went boots-> treads -> blink -> BKB -> Daedalus. There may have been something between BKB and Daedalus, I'm not sure. I was thinking blade mail or maybe even helm of Dom so I can make a satanic to life steal reliably. I wanted to get deso but our venge was making one (everyone played carry :/) I'm not sure why I dismissed Armlet, I just remember throwing away the idea for some reason.

Edit: Also I remember someone saying AC is not optimal because she doesn't need the attack speed or something. Will ignore that now as I did want to go AC.

The point about the AS is not totally off. However, She definitely needs armor one way or another and a Blade Mail is viable as well. The item you needed between BKB and Daedalus was probably something armor heavy as you ran around with roughly 5 or 6 armour and felt every punch.

Razzer

The point about the AS is not totally off. However, She definitely needs armor one way or another and a Blade Mail is viable as well. The item you needed between BKB and Daedalus was probably something armor heavy as you ran around with roughly 5 or 6 armour and felt every punch.

Thanks for the tips!

Guys, is the 7$ battle point booster worth it? Been toying with the idea for a few days, but I'm not entirely convinced the 7$ will pay off.

500 minutes of play is approximately 666 BP unaltered.

The 400% boost should therefore give you 2.6 extra level ups out of it, which means two more random drops.

It is a waste of money.

BHK3

Banned
Mmm. Got the Frostivus CK mount inscribed with 4 second stuns. I think that's pretty much the best possible item out of that level crate.

Got the same item today too, was so happy till I saw it was inscribed with
wards purchased

Thats like my 3rd or 4th one...

ElyrionX

Played another solo ranked game. Took Timbersaw and went offlane with ES. Ran into a Tiny Centaur wombo combo for the first time ever so I had no idea what to expect. Proceeded to feed 0-5. Pulled myself together and ended the game 10-7-20 (highest kills and assists). Those two idiots thought they could get away with the combo throughout the game and even when its 2v4, Tiny would toss Centaur right into the fray.

Timbersaw is a hilarious hero though, both in terms of the voice acting and abilities. He shits out so much damage in team fights lol.

Razzer

Played another solo ranked game. Took Timbersaw and went offlane with ES. Ran into a Tiny Centaur wombo combo for the first time ever so I had no idea what to expect. Proceeded to feed 0-5. Pulled myself together and ended the game 10-7-20 (highest kills and assists). Those two idiots thought they could get away with the combo throughout the game and even when its 2v4, Tiny would toss Centaur right into the fray.

Timbersaw is a hilarious hero though, both in terms of the voice acting and abilities. He shits out so much damage in team fights lol.

Which ES?

manfestival

People don't value supports even at higher level play. I mean they "value" it but they don't go off commending you for warding or saving allies... that's part of the job.

A good support is one that doesn't get shit on. It's a thankless job... but someone's gotta do it.

Nobody likes to play support, yet everybody likes to win - Bastion guy

ElyrionX

Nobody likes to play support, yet everybody likes to win - Bastion guy

If my teammates are not retards, I love playing support. It's also because I've turned into a support snob (credit to the GAFer who used that term in the previous thread first lol). I hate it when I'm not a support and we get no map vision especially when we are on the defensive. A jungle cliff ward can reveal so much and be so great for tactical positioning.

Funnily enough, ever since I started playing solo ranked, it seems like every game, people would be lining up to take support. That's fine and all but half of these people have no idea what it means to be support. No last hitting to farm in lane, constant warding and constant roaming to support the lanes are concepts foreign to some people taking support heroes which completely defeats the purpose of taking those heroes in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom