• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

bounchfx

got my GA ticket. Free high fives for everyone at the workshop section, just look for my flowing locks and the stupid look on my face

arab

ONE GA TICKET

cool kids in ga confirmed

o-ACTORS-SIGNATURE-MOVES-facebook.jpg

TUSR

Banned
Did the price spike? I saw rooms were like $180 when I was looking over the weekend before taxes and fees.

Bastards. Wish there was a way to rat them out and cancel their tickets :( I bought a single floor ticket and will use my single floor ticket.

143/night

670 for the whole trip

Ketch

At least the commentors got it right. Down vote that shit.

Edit: When making reservations, don't use the website. Call the hotel and talk to the people at the desk, you can usually get a better price.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
AirBNB and Hostelbookers are pretty good for people looking for cheap rooms.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I am so upset right now guys. I wasn't fast enough. I called Key Arena, I held my place, I refreshed first at 2"59"56, then 3:00:00 and told everyone while it was loading, I was logged in on one browser and loaded up on 2 others + mobile.
It wasn't enough.

IS1xQxe.gif

At least we can make a cool section in GA now I guess.

Next year I will setup an automacro.

I am so upset right now guys. I wasn't fast enough. I called Key Arena, I held my place, I refreshed first at 2"59"56, then 3:00:00 and told everyone while it was loading, I was logged in on one browser and loaded up on 2 others + mobile.
It wasn't enough.

IS1xQxe.gif

At least we can make a cool section in GA now I guess.

I'm just very happy I got a ticket at all. Considering myself very lucky.

GA is where the party is.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Someone on Reddit said the tickets did in fact go on sale 35 seconds early

I wonder how many floor seats they had to begin with.... ESports instantly sells out the key arena.

Looking at the charts, I think its easily under 1000.

Quesa

Got a lot of good tickets! Really close seats with food service and a place to sleep nearby, too! Hmu if you want one

I'm talking about my place wanna come over

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, who all got them, and did anyone pick up spares? Someone should start up a google doc.

I wonder if Dreams got one.

shira

So.. bigger stadium next year?

Occulus Rift TI5 International Experience
- Experience sitting in the VIP section without the VIP price
- Look around the map with your own perspective in full 1080p
- Experience all of the wonders of TI5 without the smells of TI5
- Sleep in your own bed when the games are over
- All the digital goodies you purchase in Facebook Reality are added to your IRL steam account

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
We need everybody to hold up poster board with one letter printed on each F-R-E-E-T-H-A-C-K-E-R

#thackersfree

Occulus Rift TI5 International Experience
- Experience sitting in the VIP section without the VIP price
- Look around the map with your own perspective in full 1080p
- Experience all of the wonders of TI5 without the smells of TI5
- Sleep in your own bed when the games are over
- All the digital goodies you purchase in Facebook Reality are added to your IRL steam account

so salty

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Valve is basically outsourcing the promotion of their games to their fans at this point.

Like if game companies contracted the 20 page OTs you see on Gaming Side.

TUSR

Banned
Must have been a different place then, no way would the price go down.

I'm paying about that after taxes and fees but at a location about a mile from the event. I don't mind walking :)

Im 0.1 miles, 2 minute walk to key arena front entrance.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hazaro, Milkman, maybe this will interest you guys? VIP Suite of 32 being set up - comes to about $322 (pls no trollerino) per person, includes parking, internet, covers entirety of event.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/220znw/party_suite_for_ti_2014/
I saw it and no. Thanks for sharing though.
VIP Suites are too high up and usually at the far back of the event and removed from the loudness of the crowd.
Plus you have to trust some random guy with not just your money, but CC and billing info.

Nice for some some mid season BasketBall game, but not TI4 or any eSports major imo.

shira

I saw it and no. Thanks for sharing though.
VIP Suites are too high up and usually at the far back of the event and removed from the loudness of the crowd.
Plus you have to trust some random guy with not just your money, but CC and billing info.

Nice for some some mid season BasketBall game, but not TI4 or any eSports major imo.

Yeah, I've stayed in suites for hockey games, they are nice to wine and dine clients since they have a 5 star menu, but to sit there with 31 other people at GA level heights doesn't really make sense

JustinBB7

Valve is basically outsourcing the promotion of their games to their fans at this point.

Like if game companies contracted the 20 page OTs you see on Gaming Side.

I'd rather have companies make their own stuff, but I know Valve is pretty tiny compared to other studios. Though of course there are tons of talented people outside studios that make good stuff too.

But still, the way they do it, everybody wins. Valve gets money, community gets money and it all increases the lifespan of the community as well. It's pretty smart.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm not really complaining about it, because the way I see it, this interconnectivity brings the community closer together. I just thought it was worth pointing out.

Top Bottom