• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

sephi22

I'm so mad right now.
Woke up 30 minutes late.
Refreshed the page and got 1 GA ticket.

Wasn't expecting them to ask for my card verification.
It involved entering my SSN (which was my I-94 number at the time)
By the time I looked up my I-94 on the US department of whatever website the countdown had ended.

My friend who I was asking questions for yesterday got one.
Fuck

If anyone here or their friend cancels please PM me.

Chris R

Im 0.1 miles, 2 minute walk to key arena front entrance.

Yep, but there are other hotels right there. I must have been looking at a different one and missed that one somehow.

I don't mind though because the hotel I'm at is more central to downtown and I'm staying a few extra days.

shira

I'm so mad right now.
Woke up 30 minutes late.

By the time I looked up my I-94 on the US department of whatever website the countdown had ended.

Fuck

I hear ya once I finally get the GA thing to "find a match" - the captchas did me in. Russian scalperbots plz have mercy

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm so mad right now.
Woke up 30 minutes late.

Fuck

Yeah some people got shafted by the CC verification, I had always skipped it in the past on other online orders, but it felt like I had to on this checkout.
Sorry to hear.

sephi22

I hear ya once I finally get the GA thing to "find a match" - the captchas did me in. Russian scalperbots plz have mercy
Yeah it sucks because this is probably my last year in USA and my only chance to go.
I was the one who gathered interest among my friends to go this year, and my last minute nap screwed me over.

Almost bought one off ebay for $400, but I haven't even booked a flight so fuck that. I'm not that desperate. Made my bed, gonna sleep in it, etc. etc.

Oh well, EVO it is

Ketch

Never forget cleave ignores armor and stacks additively so it's not hard to hit the people around your main target harder than who you're actually attacking.

It also means you'll hit someone once with slight then potentially cleave them again every time you hit what's next to them. So you won't get the desk debugging but you'll potentially do a lot more damage if you get lucky cleaves.

Demoli

I wouldn't mind Valve outsourcing microtransactions/ t-shirts/whatever if they weren't just so damn lazy with their game updates sometimes. We're reaching the point there their promise of a fully ported hero roster will be late by over 2 years, and yet here we are, with 2-3 months inbetween updates with no word from Valve.

The Diretide fiasco was this situation stretched to it's extreme, and they responded with an update, then Wraithnight and immidiatly after an announcement for the next big update. During the wraith night- New bloom downtime, no one complained cause they knew something was coming. For all we know, the next update may only be in late May, at which point it will be 4 months with no updates other that hats. Being small is no longer an excuse when you own one of the biggest PC games out there plus the ridiculous revenue Steam must bring.

Like, they don't even have to say what the update is about or what it will contain, just say it is coming and give us a Rough ETA. even if it is a month late, people will just say "lel Valve time", shrug it off and wait for another week cause we know it's coming.

Damn, that was long, here's a bear.

tumblr_mqecy5tsui1sx6amswp.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Valve and Dreamworks present... How to Farm Up Your Bear

Okay I made a quick google spreadsheet (with drkirby's help) just to keep track of everyone on gaf going. Feel free to enter yourself in.

Just quote this post.

Any feedback welcome.

shira

OMFG I didnt get tickets T___T if any one has a couple to spare, I'll pay double!

Anuxi plz. How is Lord GabeN not getting you guys tickets? Bounch in GA, you with nothing. WTF?

Okay I made a quick google spreadsheet (with drkirby's help) just to keep track of everyone on gaf going.

Just quote this post.

Any feedback welcome.

Can I repost this in the TI4 ticket thread? Not everyone reads *community* threads.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Anuxi plz. How is Lord GabeN not getting you guys tickets? Bounch in GA, you with nothing. WTF?

lol I was in a skype call with 2 other aussies, they didnt get their either. I think aussie internet failed me again :p

Gonna try to get some off ebay in a week. I'll find a way. Just gonna reach out to all avenues except volvo, ofc.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I'm legit surprised the tickets sold out so fast. If I wasn't 3000 miles away I would have tried to go.

I know last year I was able to snag a couple of extra tickets that I gave out to other gaffers but no extras this year. Just got one GA for myself, was shooting for a Floor like other though. Need to get my hotel figured out now.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
lol I was in a skype call with 2 other aussies, they didnt get their either. I think aussie internet failed me again :p

Gonna try to get some off ebay in a week. I'll find a way. Just gonna reach out to all avenues except volvo, ofc.
The hell? You don't get passes?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I thgt this was a #ded gaem, then how did all tickets sold out so fast?
It's been growing at a good healthy rate since last year with good patches to change the meta and a self sustaining model for growth, tournaments, and cosmetics.
So exactly the opposite of StarCraft II.

IMO Dota fans are more passionate and have more $ to drop, so this selling out as fast as LoL Worlds (Same stadium size ~15k minus seats behind stage) did for the same amount of tickets doesn't surprise me and Worlds was 100% full when it started.
The current GA prices on eBay DO surprise me though.

IiVULCF.jpg

shira

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/228h2z/so_you_buy_the_ticket_you_are_stuck_with_it_no/
I called Ticketmaster, refunds are not available they said because the event is sold out and their "clients" do not offer a refund.
Transfers are also unavailable. I bought a ticket assuming that me and my 3 friends were going to go but it turns out there was a change of plans so i wanted to just get a refund, nope. So i thought, well i'll just sell it for 120 bucks to some guy who really wanted to go. No i can't do that either because i can't transfer the ticket to anyone and the only option to choose when buying this ticket was 'will call' and with that you have to bring your photo id to the ticket holder to get them.
I'm at a loss. Someone please clear this up for me. And also, i would refrain from buying tickets from anyone other than the ticketmaster website until you know its possible.

A new wrinkle appears. If the tickets are indeed not transferrable or refundable this fucks over a lot of scaplers.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/228h2z/so_you_buy_the_ticket_you_are_stuck_with_it_no/

A new wrinkle appears. If the tickets are indeed not transferrable or refundable this fucks over a lot of scaplers.
I'm dubious. At the very least people in Seattle should be able to pickup and sell/trade at the venue.

Then you have the TicketMaster transfer which will probably be enabled. Probably just give it time.
I don't want to be one :( Why didn't more people get floor seats ;___;

$900 sounds too high for floor seats...
Consider the people coming from overseas who are paying $1,500+ or buying GA tickets for $400. Since there are 0 on the market you get to set your price and hope you don't get screwed over online or in person!

elyetis

I wouldn't mind Valve outsourcing microtransactions/ t-shirts/whatever if they weren't just so damn lazy with their game updates sometimes. We're reaching the point there their promise of a fully ported hero roster will be late by over 2 years, and yet here we are, with 2-3 months inbetween updates with no word from Valve.

The Diretide fiasco was this situation stretched to it's extreme, and they responded with an update, then Wraithnight and immidiatly after an announcement for the next big update. During the wraith night- New bloom downtime, no one complained cause they knew something was coming. For all we know, the next update may only be in late May, at which point it will be 4 months with no updates other that hats. Being small is no longer an excuse when you own one of the biggest PC games out there plus the ridiculous revenue Steam must bring. /rant /got raped in ranked match today

Like, they don't even have to say what the update is about or what it will contain, just say it is coming and give us a Rough ETA. even if it is a month late, people will just say "lel Valve time", shrug it off and wait for another week cause we know it's coming.

Damn, that was long, here's a bear.
I wont say I feel the same, except I feel the same. Thought I wouldn't call them lazy, but at time like this ( and during the June/October period last year ) I actually wonder if there isn't some big movement from the developers to other Valve project, which would explain those slow down on the dota 2 side...

And when it comes to communication, my opinion didn't change ( even thought the way new bloom was handled gave me hope, sadly to see them not repeat it again ), I still think the way they handle things has absolutely no upside for us player/fan, and that they should have added to the last goal of last year compendium : "we really don't care about your opinion except if you gave us that much money, but since we really don't want to listen we will put it so high that we know it won't matter", because that's really what it was.

I wont say I feel the same, except I feel the same. Thought I wouldn't call them lazy, but at time like this ( and during the June/October period last year ) I actually wonder if there isn't some big movement from the developers to other Valve project, which would explain those slow down on the dota 2 side.
Valve do tend to release at least one new game a year and we know that they're working on L4D3 (and they have Source 2 in the making as well so HL3 will eventually come along at some stage)

shira

I wont say I feel the same, except I feel the same. Thought I wouldn't call them lazy, but at time like this ( and during the June/October period last year ) I actually wonder if there isn't some big movement from the developers to other Valve project, which would explain those slow down on the dota 2 side...

And when it comes to communication, my opinion didn't change ( even thought the way new bloom was handled gave me hope, sadly to see them not repeat it again ), I still think the way they handle things has absolutely no upside for us player/fan, and that they should have added to the last goal of last year compendium : "we really don't care about your opinion except if you gave us that much money, but since we really don't want to listen we will put it so high that we know it won't matter", because that's really what it was.

Well what happens when the full hero roster is in and in CM? Will we keep getting new champions or is it Dota 3 time?

elyetis

Well what happens when the full hero roster is in and in CM? Will we keep getting new champions or is it Dota 3 time?
I guess new hero at the same pace that Dota 1 keep getting them. I guess that's also where things like custom game mod should come into play. edit : and hats, moar hats, and hats, every week, It's also probably when it's actually a good occasion to release hero remake for those who need it.

I definitly don't consider the idea of not delivering content from dota 1 into it's 'remake' for the sake of being able to deliver new content at a decent pace for a longer period of time, as a good excuse. Or we might as well just begin to defend the idea of putting, let's say, hero behind a currency, so that people have content to unlock for months, etc...

Boken

Banned
boken felt bad about a year of trolling us with league's #ESPORTS supremacy and bought all the tickets and is gonna give them away as a sign of goodwill

you've seen through me

now apparently i cant give all these tickets away anymore #dead

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They need to make the tickets cheap because their playerbase spent all their money on champions.

Karakand

you've seen through me

now apparently i cant give all these tickets away anymore #dead

so what you're saying is, this was all part of your plan to discredit dota by making attendance at ti4 disastrous

valve playing idealistic content provider while you're playing nth dimensional chess, just ain't fair

Top Bottom