• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
league-of-legends_seating-map.gif

$45 tickets. shiiiiiiiiiietttt
I need to follow a cheaper game.
Resellers were looking for 4x value on these. I know because I was looking for one :[
Same thing for TI4 it seems $100 -> $400 GA.

Conceptor

First off, how in the world do you not have a pass of some sort Anuxi? You should not have to resort to dealing with scalpers. It's funny because you could make a post on r/dota2 looking for a seller and people would call you out on it. Bounchfx too, GA?! I would expect you prolific workshop guys to get first dibs..

Shira, it looks like tickets will be transferable - ticketmaster has disabled the option for now until payments come through but it will be done through them. Glad to see r/dota2trade outright disallow posts refuse to MM along with D2T. Stubhub is strictly against will call so that's good too.

Hazaro, :lol yeah suite being cheaper than GA is funny. Still, there's a chance someone on the list will relinquish their original ticket in favour of the suite...

shira

First off, how in the world do you not have a pass of some sort Anuxi? You should not have to resort to dealing with scalpers. It's funny because you could make a post on r/dota2 looking for a seller and people would call you out on it. Bounchfx too, GA?! I would expect you prolific workshop guys to get first dibs..

Shira, it looks like tickets will be transferable - ticketmaster has disabled the option for now until payments come through but it will be done through them. Glad to see r/dota2trade outright disallow posts refuse to MM along with D2T. Stubhub is strictly against will call so that's good too.

Hazaro, :lol yeah suite being cheaper than GA is funny. Still, there's a chance someone on the list will relinquish their original ticket in favour of the suite...
I can't imagine the workshop without anuxi, it'll get done.

Yeah there is no good option for people with potato ticketmaster skills. For $500 I might has well got the freaking VIP one. Paying $300-400 for GA is going to be painful.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

How many tini's?

I'm writing diploma on the subject of linguistic features of english-language chats. Never before I was so happy to have chat rooms in twitch. It's fucking goldmine for all sorts of examples, samples and scattershots.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tell me more about this room haz, sounds like it could be nice. At $60, if they have more rooms I may just book it and worry about finding someone to split later

Probably not the only one that feels this way, but sometimes I cringe at the idea of meeting other dota players, especially the more vocal ones. I'm sure they're more shutin and won't attend TI. Wish I could go, midwest sucks in terms of gaming events.

Wok

Probably not the only one that feels this way, but sometimes I cringe at the idea of meeting other dota players, especially the more vocal ones. I'm sure they're more shutin and won't attend TI. Wish I could go, midwest sucks in terms of gaming events.

You get to meet the people who write:
ez game ez life
commend me

Madouu

I think he's more concerned about people that spend the game insulting your entire lineage because you built an item not quite to their liking.

Chris R

Now I feel like I should buy a ga ticket and sell the floor one. Gotta think.

If ya do let me know what you get for it...

I mean I hate to do it but if everyone is gonna sit GA then GA it is.

Also I need to stop playing unranked games while drunk, it's killing my win %.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Probably not the only one that feels this way, but sometimes I cringe at the idea of meeting other dota players, especially the more vocal ones. I'm sure they're more shutin and won't attend TI. Wish I could go, midwest sucks
in terms of gaming events.

yea it does

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tell me more about this room haz, sounds like it could be nice. At $60, if they have more rooms I may just book it and worry about finding someone to split later
They don't :[
It's just some couple.

I'll ask if we can have people over though! (If we get the room)

it mirrors the entire ui though. it looks so weird. guess i'll have to feed some games until i get used to it

it's gonna make watching games weird too, since i'm gonna have to get used to the inverted ui. damn it looks so promising but there are so many drawbacks

Madouu

it mirrors the entire ui though. it looks so weird. guess i'll have to feed some games until i get used to it

it's gonna make watching games weird too, since i'm gonna have to get used to the inverted ui. damn it looks so promising but there are so many drawbacks

I use it and I also watch a lot of dota streams, there are really no drawbacks, after a few games you get used to it. You might suffer a bit during the first dozen of games or so but it's smooth sailing from there.

Lotto

I use it and I also watch a lot of dota streams, there are really no drawbacks, after a few games you get used to it. You might suffer a bit during the first dozen of games or so but it's smooth sailing from there.

I tried it for like 5 games and noticed an unexpectedly huge drop in my usual play. Went straight back to the regular UI. I should wean myself through some bot games, could work.

i tried it on a game with bots and it felt like i was gonna get cross eyed or something, since you're always looking, by reflex, at the opposite of where you have to. and it gave me quite the headache. i think i'm just gonna stick with the map on the left

it makes you second guess every move too. it's just really weird

Wok

I have ordered a Shagbark plushie. It will be my first courier with kinetic gems.

I wonder whether the courier is "genuine unusual" or just "genuine". If the courier is not unusual, I could swap the butterfly gem with the crow gem from Dendi's set, right?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Why does Medalion's tooltip say "Armor Reduction" when it gives 6 armor to you?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Why does Medalion's tooltip say "Armor Reduction" when it gives 6 armor to you?
When you use it on a target it lowers both yours and the targets armor.
I have ordered a Shagbark plushie. It will be my first courier with kinetic gems.

I wonder whether the courier is "genuine unusual" or just "genuine". If the courier is not unusual, I could swap the butterfly gem with the crow gem from Dendi's set, right?
Matt said he thinks genuine overrides it (but isnt sure)

dmshaposv

The butterfly gem is most likely an ethereal gem that gives custom animation effects to only couriers. The dendi gem is a kinetic gem which is specific to the item/set it is part of and would be buggy on anything else.

BeesEight

The tickets are already sold out? It seems almost as fast as last year's despite the much larger venue. I hope my friend was able to snag some seats but with such a small window it sounds like it'll be another one missed.

The tickets are already sold out?
Yes.

The item will come tagged as Genuine, the gems will be a new Butterfly Romp Ethereal Gem and Plushy Shag Prismatic Gem.

Basically like you would find on an Unusual Courier.

ZyguxFJ.png

shira

FACE

Banned
Anyone been watching the techlabs? Been really good so far.

I am. Thought Void was gonna carry hard after he was able to finish a Daedalus + BFury quickly, but he couldn't get Doom and Bane in a chrono at the same time so he got fucked hard.

P.S: Vanskor MVP.

FACE

Banned
He played really well on game 1, too. Stole a bunch of good spells as Rubick(as always), his positioning is amazing 99% of the time.

Top Bottom