• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

shira

"Tickets were gone roughly one hour after they went on sale", said Valve's Doug Lombardi.

Officials for the Key Arena confirm to onGamers that roughly 10,000 tickets have been sold for the event, including both general admission and VIP tickets.
Key Arena could not confirm if another wave of tickets would be put on sale.

http://www.ongamers.com/articles/the-international-2014-sells-out-in-an-hour/1100-1182/

What 2nd wave of tickets???? Don't play these games with me volvo!!!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Standin Fluff. You guys I am dying. Oh, it's just Demon. Haha

I wouldn't go crazy about a second wave. I don't see one happening unless they want to expand on their initial capacity limit and potentially hinder some ticket holder's viewing experience.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If they sold 10k tickets there is no chance of a second wave, the arena is only 17k and when you have it in a concert config you're going to lose a bunch and then Valve will hold a bunch of tickets for press/companies etc.

Hylian7

Great debate: Puck: Bottle > Boots > (Wand if you want it) > Blink vs Bottle > Boots > Wand > Treads > Bracer > Blink?

I see more of the former lately and feel like I have no success with it as I'm simply lacking in HP. The other build is much safer and on top of that, I think it's really not that helpful to have a blink until you have 3 or 4 points in Phase Shift.

What do you guys think?

Randdalf

Great debate: Puck: Bottle > Boots > (Wand if you want it) > Blink vs Bottle > Boots > Wand > Treads > Bracer > Blink?

I see more of the former lately and feel like I have no success with it as I'm simply lacking in HP. The other build is much safer and on top of that, I think it's really not that helpful to have a blink until you have 3 or 4 points in Phase Shift.

What do you guys think?

Definitely I think what you say about Phase Shift is true. I sometimes wonder if you should just max Phase Shift if you get an early blink, because the normal 4-4-1 build makes it difficult to use Phase Shift for anything but dodging spells/de-aggroing towers etc.

Hylian7

Definitely I think what you say about Phase Shift is true. I sometimes wonder if you should just max Phase Shift if you get an early blink, because the normal 4-4-1 build makes it difficult to use Phase Shift for anything but dodging spells/de-aggroing towers etc.

Ehhh, I feel like it's not worth it. The main appeal of the blink on Puck is for

1. The escape
2. The initiation

I feel like on Puck it's a perfect escape first and an initiation second. You have an orb to go in, but of course you can start with Blink to make sure you hit your orb.

ksan

What do you guys think?

I don't see the reason to ever get a bracer, maybe a null if you want to go for a lvl 1 mantle. Disregarding that, I think the reason you go treads early on puck is mostly for more efficient bottle use and getting kills with extra damage and spells. Obviously the additional hp is good too.
I'd say the right choice depends on the situation, it could be that you get the chance to get a really early blink and snowball from that, or that you need a blink to win crucial team fights a bit earlier.
Or it could be that you get great farm and just want to dominate mid with the things you get from pts, or that you need a bit more sustainability in fights.

I think I usually go for treads first though, because I like bottle too much, and I'd rather rely on runes and bottle crow abuse a bit longer than get a blink a bit earlier.
However, I'm not really seeing the problem with too little hp with puck, even though he is a bit squishy, I think the mobility makes up for it.
Ehhh, I feel like it's not worth it. The main appeal of the blink on Puck is for

1. The escape
2. The initiation

I feel like on Puck it's a perfect escape first and an initiation second. You have an orb to go in, but of course you can start with Blink to make sure you hit your orb.

You should definitely use blink first for initiation, you blink in, coil/rift, then orb backwards in case that you think you'll need to escape and then phase. I'm pretty sure that's the safest way to guarantee a good initation and survival.
The instant travel time for blink is what makes it way superior as initation.

Hylian7

I don't see the reason to ever get a bracer, maybe a null if you want to go for a lvl 1 mantle. Disregarding that, I think the reason you go treads early on puck is mostly for more efficient bottle use and getting kills with extra damage and spells. Obviously the additional hp is good too.
I'd say the right choice depends on the situation, it could be that you get the chance to get a really early blink and snowball from that, or that you need a blink to win crucial team fights a bit earlier.
Or it could be that you get great farm and just want to dominate mid with the things you get from pts, or that you need a bit more sustainability in fights.

I think I usually go for treads first though, because I like bottle too much, and I'd rather rely on runes and bottle crow abuse a bit longer than get a blink a bit earlier.
However, I'm not really seeing the problem with too little hp with puck, even though he is a bit squishy, I think the mobility makes up for it.

Ehh, I can probably see going without the bracer. You can always make it into drums later which is good. But yeah, I feel like simply because of the Phase Shift levels it's not worth going naked boots and Blink. You have to be close for that silence, which is very much a problem with low HP, and you're only going to have one point in Phase Shift.

You should definitely use blink first for initiation, you blink in, coil/rift, then orb backwards in case that you think you'll need to escape and then phase. I'm pretty sure that's the safest way to guarantee a good initation and survival.
The instant travel time for blink is what makes it way superior as initation.

I agree, and I do that, i'm just saying that the utility of the perfect escape is more worth it than that is.

FACE

Banned
No idea why EG didn't just ban the Naga Siren.

It's kinda weird seeing Invoker not being instapicked or instabanned after watching so much european Dota.

ksan

Ehh, I can probably see going without the bracer. You can always make it into drums later which is good. But yeah, I feel like simply because of the Phase Shift levels it's not worth going naked boots and Blink. You have to be close for that silence, which is very much a problem with low HP, and you're only going to have one point in Phase Shift.
That's a totally fair reason not to go early blink. I'd say low level phase shift is mostly for dodging shit rather than anything else.
My main problem with bracers/drums and stuff like that on puck is that a lot of people don't have the discipline to farm on him, sure an orb on some waves, but not actively farm him. If it goes later you're gonna need some other stuff, like a sheep, and that drum is gonna delay that.

I agree, and I do that, i'm just saying that the utility of the perfect escape is more worth it than that is.

Oh, yeah, definitely.
bulba #1 invoker

#neverforget #bulbavsferrari2012

edit: nvm, bulba is a god

SamVimes

#neverforget #bulbavsferrari2012

How could you possibly forget if he repeated the same performance the other day in the same matchup against ferrari's cousin, Singsing?

I mean Bulba is usually a decent to great player but he's an awful laner.

Top Bottom