• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fuck, I knew it, now the normal workshop is flooded with T-Shirts of stolen artwork. They can't even be bothered to put them in the right page. So annoying to downvote them all.

Lotto

Fuck, I knew it, now the normal workshop is flooded with T-Shirts of stolen artwork. They can't even be bothered to put them in the right page. So annoying to downvote them all.

Yeah, I wish they would do something about it. Used to enjoy browsing the workshop but it's become more annoying with the influx of joke/bad/stolen submissions. I try and report and downvote them but really it's just a hassle.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This Treant Set is pretty nice:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=246097629
F4B5716081DA5EE51521B8CE41F4EA8EC875877D

Madouu

Great debate: Puck: Bottle > Boots > (Wand if you want it) > Blink vs Bottle > Boots > Wand > Treads > Bracer > Blink?

I see more of the former lately and feel like I have no success with it as I'm simply lacking in HP. The other build is much safer and on top of that, I think it's really not that helpful to have a blink until you have 3 or 4 points in Phase Shift.

What do you guys think?

Now I'm not the best puck player in NA but these are certainly not the two single item builds progressions possible, puck is my second most played hero and I've got a good record with it. My item build varies depending on team composition and laning progression.

Now that blink has no mana cost rushing it right after boots/bottle is much more viable, usually you don't need more than one point in phase shift early to survive since physical damage and nukes are still pretty weak. It's all about good positioning, knowing the limits of your hero, when to get in and when to get out. I've only gone for more points in phase shift in very particular matchups, such as offlaning against a tiny to dodge his stun/damage. I have also tried skipping phase shift a few times in 1v1 where I felt the extra burst damage might help but the build was slightly underwhelming mainly because orb is pretty easy to dodge (450 burst damage at level 6 + 2.25 second silence is pretty appealing though in a 1v1).

If you are farming well enough, early blink is devastating as long as you are willing to move around, force small skirmishes, tp to counter intiate or just kill in 1v1s. If your farm is not great, you'll probably want to invest into treads and wand, focus on xp and try to get gold through hero kills. Bracer I'm really not a fan of on puck, even though I built it more than once, it's okay for the extra survivability I guess but in my opinion, you don't need it and you're better off focusing on useful items.

Phase boots is an item I see once in a while and I can see it work on puck. Good damage, extra movement speed, I've been thinking about trying it in a few games.

All in all, your standard 4/2/1/1 or 2/4/1/1 are definitely the most efficient ways of building the hero in my humble opinion. Puck is a different beast from most other mid heroes as you need a very good game sense to play him effectively, he's definitely very bursty and can be played as a nyx in some ways but I think he shines more in teamfights where his initiating and counterinit is extremely powerful, and for that like I said, a very good game sense is needed.

As for the game, gg EG well deserved win.

Quesa

I'm fucking tired of losing all my games I'm becoming the world's first professional bot stomper pls donate now and get free twitch icons

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I don't think you need to do anything special at all to use Modbot in this case. There's even a special code to use in the registration if you're not using the Steam thread. Just submit it normally without a game CD key, replaced with PM-ME or something. The winner will be publicly visible in the modbot post.

I don't think you need to do anything special at all to use Modbot in this case. There's even a special code to use in the registration if you're not using the Steam thread. Just submit it normally without a game CD key, replaced with PM-ME or something. The winner will be publicly visible in the modbot post.
Oh yeah I forgot it only needs to hook up for the post editing. It could just be quoted and posted and pms sent.

Ketch

Who would be the best hero for a GAF themed set?

Maybe doom or witch doctor and have the spell effect for doom or maledict replaced with the NeoGAF symbol?

Top Bottom