• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Boken

Banned

There are spikes caused by major updates (diretide, wraith night, new bloom), but the regular daily peak is increasing. Techies update will probably cause a 750-800k spike.

uP8Cusk.png

Madouu

^ I was looking at pretty much the same period, it's stable if anything

lol I randomed Zeus and fed a Pudge mid and managed to amount 0 kills in 45 mins.

zeus can be hard against pudge if you are careless, need boots asap and vision on his cliff at all times.

I'm 100% blaming myself for that feed it's just that getting behind on nukers like QoP and Zeus makes coming back with them so hard. Their nukes fall off if you aren't reasonably ahead, they have little to no utility (other than the Forcestaff I built) and there goes your match.

Hell, I was so far behind I didn't even manage to kill secure a single fucking kill.

Random ideas: Swap the ring of regen in the force staff components for a sages mask, maybe increase the recipe cost to keep the same total price. It becomes a better mana item and that 3HP regen is so small I consider it worthless by the time I have the item anyway.

New sand king aghs upgrade. All enemies hit with epicenter get injected with caustic finale. The damage from the explosion would either be based on the current level of caustic or the number of pulses of Epi they're hit with. I'm not sure which would be better but I like that either one would scale with levels. This might be too disgusting to ever be possible but I like the idea of a team chain exploding like a creep wave does.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Started off the year hitting 650k, hitting 700k now. Pretty sure the unique monthly was like 7-7.1m at the start of the year and is hitting 7.5m now #stagnant.

elyetis

I have been saying that for the past 4 week, I can only end up being right, even if it's in 4 more weeks.

But hey the longer we wait the more content it mean, right ?

Right ?

( if we have to take last year as an example as of what to expect this year, then where are the february and march new hero ? )

Demoli

I have been saying that for the past 4 week, I can only end up being right, even if it's in 4 more weeks.

But hey the longer we wait the more content it mean, right ?

Right ?

( if we have to take last year as an example as of what to expect this year, then where are the february and march new hero ? )

February had Tusk and March had Bristleback

Looking unlikely we get a new balance patch then.

Do we have any big tournaments before the International that will have the major players fighting amongst one another? I presume MLG would have been that but that was cancelled.

elyetis

February had Tusk and March had Bristleback
I meant this year compared to last year. ^ ^"

The lack of content update during february/march compared to last year mean that they 'should' have more content ready by April, even early April.

Thought I actually doubt we will have a patch non-Easter related ( still crossing finger that they will take the opportunity to make an easter/Techies event ) and thus around the 20th of the month.

I'm guessing 6.81 will be released pretty soon after the qualifier if not released this week.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Thought I actually doubt we will have a patch non-Easter related ( still crossing finger that they will take the opportunity to make an easter/Techies event ) and thus around the 20th of the month.

I'm guessing 6.81 will pretty soon after the qualifier if not released this week.

oh god

this sounds amazing

and terrifying

I can only hope to see techies soon, so people stop begging for his port and find out his pick pattern is akin to meepo.

Oracle looks like a much more interesting hero than techies.

So who's gonna get nerfed?

My picks:

- Invoker
- Terrorblade (the slow gets a scaling)
- Ember
- Lycan (70% pro winrate lol)
- Naga (I'm so sure they're gonna reduce the duration of the illusions by like 5 seconds)
- Phoenix (perhaps? I feel he's super strong)

I can't think of anyone else I'd consider too strong. AA gets picked a lot but I don't see him being OP. Same with Doom.

Demoli

I do not long for the Day oracle shows up in the Game. If people though ES was op, they're in for a rude awakening.

Edit:

I think the major heroes to be nerfed will Be Ember, Invoker, TB and Lycan, Lycan being the one hit the hardest. I don't think Phoenix will get hit with any major nerf, if nerfed at all. Dude completly falls off past 25 mins once the cores get bkbs. Against organised teams they'll also focus down the egg in an instant.

Hylian7

I do not long for the Day oracle shows up in the Game. If people though ES was op, they're in for a rude awakening.

Edit:

I think the major heroes to be nerfed will Be Ember, Invoker, TB and Lycan, Lycan being the one hit the hardest. I don't think Phoenix will get hit with any major nerf, if nerfed at all. Dude completly falls off past 25 mins once the cores get bkbs. Against organised teams they'll also focus down the egg in an instant.
Arc Warden, give us Arc Warden. I have a feeling he could be considered OP too. What is interesting though is people in Dota 1 seem to run him as support. When I first saw him I thought he would be a super carry!

Razzer

Arc Warden, give us Arc Warden. I have a feeling he could be considered OP too. What is interesting though is people in Dota 1 seem to run him as support. When I first saw him I thought he would be a super carry!

Honestly, Dota 1 is about as relevant as Titanfall to the balance of Dota 2. Those guys be wacko.

SamVimes

Started off the year hitting 650k, hitting 700k now. Pretty sure the unique monthly was like 7-7.1m at the start of the year and is hitting 7.5m now #stagnant.

Wasn'it it around 400k concurrent before ti3? That's almost doubling the playerbase in less than a year.

Ember is most probably not going to get nerfed, or if he is, it'll be a slap on the wrist token nerf. Dude doesn't warrant that right now.

FACE

Banned
If only shallow grave healed you for double and made you invisible.

Thus the 2.0.

Holy shit! His heal is on a 3 second cooldown so you can just spam it during your ulti's duration.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. Unlike Warlock, his heal deals damage to allies.

Demoli

Thus the 2.0.

Holy shit! His heal is on a 3 second cooldown so you can just spam it during your ulti's duration.

If you want to get the most out of the heal you also must cast his magic resist thing on allies, otherwise you'd nuke them aswell.

Remember, if you want to heal, use magic resist on allies then the flames. If you want to damage enemies, cast flames then immidiatly purge to get rid of the healing.

This hero turs everyone into Slark and turns weaver and Slark into litierally unstopabble killing machines., ddue is beyond broken.

FACE

Banned
If you want to get the most out of the heal you also must cast his magic resist thing on allies, otherwise you'd nuke them aswell.

Remember, if you want to heal, use magic resist on allies then the flames. If you want to damage enemies, cast flames then immidiatly purge to get rid of the healing.

This hero turs everyone into Slark and turns weaver and Slark into litierally unstopabble killing machines., ddue is beyond broken.

Guess I'll have to pick him then repick once he's released.

Hylian7

Honestly, Dota 1 is about as relevant as Titanfall to the balance of Dota 2. Those guys be wacko.
This is very true from my experience in Dota 2. I saw a Zeus Pudge offlane once. Sadly Dota 1 is all we have to go on about how people are playing these heroes though.

Randdalf

Brewmaster is so fun. I think I'll have to spend some time in practice matches micro-ing the spirits, maybe get some specific binds for each one.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
OKay then, how about people just Quote this and I'll random number generate the victor from the list. :D

Quote to win DAZZURL Shadow flame set or something.

Top Bottom