• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

sixghost

You most likely found your answer by now but no, they were a side race in the games and if I recall correctly could only be played through mercenary shops(in multiplayer) and you could have one on your team in Frozen Throne during a campaign after you finished a certain bonus quest.

Thanks for the answer. That's some bullshit.

BraXzy

So.. I'm in a game, my first proper one in awhile. A Tiny called mid at the pick stage, a guy hovers over Chen all the while so I went BH to counter his probable Jungling.

For whatever reason, he picks Bloodseeker instead last minute, realises he isn't getting mid and proceeds to feed. The enemy team, mainly the mid, has 20 kills in 15 minutes from him alone. Yet somehow we're nearly winning.. mwuhahaha.

It's just finished, he fed 37 times, we've won!

Match ID if anyone wants to watch: 573018471

Acinixys

I get that they're rare, but do they have any use other than infusing them into an egg?

Nope

Unusual Essences are rare tools used to add unusual effects to Greevil Eggs. They are obtained from Frostivus Gifts and Diretide. Up to three Unusual Essences can be placed on one egg.

Also, I found out today the brightness slider in the game goes from BRIGHT - DARK

Why the hell would the devs make it opposite? Such a weird design choice

It was a limited heroes game. i went drow for whatever. I took top dire lane with a wraith king. I went 4 and 0 then both wraith, and a Razor disconnect and then a windranger just afks at home base for the entire game. Me and a lion and 2 bots defended base for a really long time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is this account legit? Its called Perfect World China, and has a bunch of Workshop items that look pretty good but only have a single preview shot that doesn't really show them off well:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/PerfectWorldChina

This set isn't even set up right. The preview art shows something completely irreverent, and all the pieces show a single zoomed. Pecfect World people are not good at this:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=235270378

I found a small thumbnail of it though, looks nice:
200x200.resizedimage
\

Wait, I figured it out, the preview art is supposed to show invoker, and it gets cut off. China plz.

Also, these Beast Master Axes are pretty cool:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=240545280

It was a limited heroes game. i went drow for whatever. I took top dire lane with a wraith king. I went 4 and 0 then both wraith, and a Razor disconnect and then a windranger just afks at home base for the entire game. Me and a lion and 2 bots defended base for a really long time.
If limited hero is anything like it was when it first came out, I'd advise you to just jump straight into normal modes. You'll do fine.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So I'm reading apparently that techies is the fotm hero over in dota 1 currently and that he absolutely shits on the popular push/deathball style of dota 2 play (provided he gets a decently timed aghs). Should be interesting to see if this is just another dota 1 being dota 1 thing or something that will cross-over into dota 2.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So I'm reading apparently that techies is the fotm hero over in dota 1 currently and that he absolutely shits on the popular push/deathball style of dota 2 play (provided he gets a decently timed aghs). Should be interesting to see if this is just another dota 1 being dota 1 thing or something that will cross-over into dota 2.

I don't know, last I checked Riki was still OP in Dota 1. I don't think they ever got the memo that invis detection is a thing.

Actually, I almost want to say Techies is going to ruin invis forever, because it may actually get people in the habit of just putting down sentry wards.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh god please. The ubiquity of this strat is really annoying me for the last month or so, I would fucking love to watch the entire enemy team stroll up the lane into a set of five mines

I think its just a dota 1 being dota 1 thing. The only time I've seen something port over that was a big deal in dota 1 was lycan (honestly though, not a whole lot of hard cc was in at that point). Shadow Demon fell flat, Troll became a popular pick in dota 2, Wisp and Kotl made a big splash, Timber, Undying, Nyx, Clinkz weren't terribly popular in dota 1 either when they came over.

Then again, some of these heroes appeared when the pool wasn't full like it is now.

Some fun inhouses tonight, mostly close games.

I watched Free to Play and it was pretty good. Wish they had touched TI2 also, but I guess it is fine.

In the trailer they showed last year with some new music, they showed them here while the players did their stuff was pretty cool. I didn't see the one where Sand King used an epicenter though.

shira

I watched Free to Play and it was pretty good. Wish they had touched TI2 also, but I guess it is fine.

In the trailer they showed last year with some new music, they showed them here while the players did their stuff was pretty cool. I didn't see the one where Sand King used an epicenter though.

The obvious sequel is Pay to Play or Everybody loves Hats. The modeler story would be fucking cool.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/573136301

Yup, one of those nights. DON'T PICK A CARRY IF YOU CAN'T CARRY

It was even close at one point, but Faceless just kept feeding. Even spoke English and had a mic and everything.

halfferfly ftw

Ketch

wraith king/tiny good combo.

Haz, if you know how, you should GIF that dive on shadow shaman past the bottom T3. Hilarious.

Chris R

To be fair, that Axe/Disruptor lane was brutal.

It was, but they (FV&Lich) just talked all game about how they were the only hope the team had. Lich stopped buying wards when it was "hopeless" and Faceless kept feeding instead of trying to find any farm.

No idea what we could have done for bot though, other than some kind of rotation :/

i think that happens when you try to w > q but the w is out of range, so he throws the balls. if you q right after the sof starts, it always hits. i don't know if shift queuing the second spell works like that. probably not, which is why he's forced to do it like that and miss if he doesn't use it within the correct range

it depends who you ask and what items you're building. if you're going battlefury early, you want sof maxed out after the shield. otherwise it's not a good item on that hero. you can't jump on people and right click them. you could max q and w too. but with bf, you need the sof

when i play ember, i don't get the q or the ult beyond lvl 1. the ult is for escaping and q is for canceling tps. i go phase > as many battlefuries as possible. linkens or bkb if it's really needed. some people prefer other builds

Artanisix

The thing about ember is it totally depends on your matchup.

Overall I think 3 in bolas followed by max sleight with no points in flameguard is the strongest build with a coordinated team.

Top Bottom