• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Demoli

Yup, SoF might be more damage and longer range initiation, but mx flameguard gives you a huge boot to your bulk and a lot of reliable damage.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
In LoL news, someone on Reddit did the math on how long it takes to unlock all the Champs with IP if you could play non-stop 24/7. And that is 3500 hours.

Also, someone else did the math in number of games played, and it was roughly 5000.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's okay, I learned from the Heroes of the Storm thread that you don't need all the champions to have fun or be competitive.

Haly

Bonuses aren't guaranteed, only the standard drops are.

shira

In LoL news, someone on Reddit did the math on how long it takes to unlock all the Champs with IP if you could play non-stop 24/7. And that is 3500 hours.

Also, someone else did the math in number of games played, and it was roughly 5000.

You have to pay for champions? lol

Why do you guys keep calling it bolas. I see that is the name of the weapon he uses, but who uses that word.

Spanish speakers

FACE

Banned
It's okay, I learned from the Heroes of the Storm thread that you don't need all the champions to have fun or be competitive.

Those threads taught me that not having access to all heroes is a good thing, because I might get overwhelmed by all the options and hurt myself.

Haly

That's 3500 of pure reward for gameplay.

Dota doesn't have any of that, what a shite game.

Hylian7

Good God, I haven't even played that many Dota matches, and everyone here knows I play A LOT.

HotS looks like fun and I feel like they shot themselves in the foot with the pay wall heroes. Blizzard seems to understand that if they want to get anywhere in this genre, they have to be different than LoL or Dota. Strife seems to just try to be LoL.

That said, whoever planted the idea that picking your hero before queue is a good idea needs to take a long hard look at how these games work.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That said, whoever planted the idea that picking your hero before queue is a good idea needs to take a long hard look at how these games work.

I'm just going to blame S2's strife despite no one caring about it, because I'm pretty sure they are going to do that too. Or maybe the LoL Community, its pops up as a suggestion every now and then.

inkls

I'm just going to blame S2's strife despite no one caring about it, because I'm pretty sure they are going to do that too. Or maybe the LoL Community, its pops up as a suggestion every now and then.

Its already a planned feature in lol since last summer. Think its called team builder or something like that

Haly

Game is ded, time to find the next big thing.

My money's on Heroes of the Storm.

f0rk

Its already a planned feature in lol since last summer. Think its called team builder or something like that

This isn't as bad because I'd guess you have to queue up for a role like in WoW dungeons queues. They can get away with it because of the rigid meta

goyTme0.png

I have an hard time seeing it become a worst experience with shared xp and no item, any specific reason ?
Removing any individual performance factors puts a huge amount of pressure on the rest of the team. If any of your team is failing the enemy team will just start snowballing in levels ahead of you.

You could destroy your lane and unless the rest of your team won their lanes nothing will come of it.

It's almost impossible to carry your team to a victory. Plus at the moment there isn't any form of matchmaking so running into a premade is very common.

Top Bottom